Grand Daddy Purple - Hydro

Okay, I have come to a conclusion. This plant is very prone to Powder Mold. SNS244 knocks it out, 2-3 weeks later, it's back. So, the decision was made to just put this one into the box and flower her out, and be done with GDP. she was a good first hydro plant, but now she will be a VERY NICE flowering. It seems the more leaves she has the more PM I am plagued with. I'm done. She goes into flower next. Perhaps one day in the future I can talk with Ken Estes and see what he does about the PM, if he is even dealing with it. It seems however that since this is only one plant, it could could be an isolated case. Maybe I'll keep a clone from her and see how that does. But she's the only plant in the maternity ward that has this recurring problem, so she will be removed, and replaced with another.

Check my links for the newcomers.

Okay, I have come to a conclusion. This plant is very prone to Powder Mold. SNS244 knocks it out, 2-3 weeks later, it's back. So, the decision was made to just put this one into the box and flower her out, and be done with GDP. she was a good first hydro plant, but now she will be a VERY NICE flowering. It seems the more leaves she has the more PM I am plagued with. I'm done. She goes into flower next. Perhaps one day in the future I can talk with Ken Estes and see what he does about the PM, if he is even dealing with it. It seems however that since this is only one plant, it could could be an isolated case. Maybe I'll keep a clone from her and see how that does. But she's the only plant in the maternity ward that has this recurring problem, so she will be removed, and replaced with another.

Check my links for the newcomers.

You should check out Goldengoose7 's journal, he has a great remedy for PM. He also grew some GDP, they were cuts from Ken Estes. I can't remember the milk solution for the PM, cause I never really need it, hehe...

You should check out Goldengoose7 's journal, he has a great remedy for PM. He also grew some GDP, they were cuts from Ken Estes. I can't remember the milk solution for the PM, cause I never really need it, hehe...

Thanks, GT, for the info, I'll go check it out. I'm still going to flower her out even with the plans I had for her. I can't keep a plant in my Maternity Ward that continually has an affliction that will potentially be passed to clones. Even if a strain is naturally resistant to disease is there, her clones may still get it because of the stress of the whole process if it is ever-present as it is with this GDP. Plus, I'm tired of the constant battle of keeping it at bay; It's every week or two with this plant, and I can't do it anymore.

Yikes on the PM. I'd want to be done with it too. Fighting those sort of things sucks, it monopolizes your time and screws everything up. :goodluck: with flowering her!

Flower Day -0.5
I moved Momma GDP into the Cardboard Flower Box today, and her first night of full darkness is tonight, making her first actual day of flowering timed lighting tomorrow.

Had to use the screen to keep her limbs erect she got so top heavy.

030912102956.jpg

030912103039.jpg

DETAILED POSTS WILL BE MOVED TO THAT JOURNAL. Excerpts will be copied to here.

Back
Top Bottom