Grand Daddy Purple Indoor Hydro

MikkaTheEnt

My third simultaneous grow is Grand Daddy Purple:

Date started: 2018 Jan 10
Germination: Seed in between 2 moist paper towels, transferred to Rooter plugs in germination station
Seed(s): feminized Grand Daddy Purp from Attitude
Indoors/Outdoors: Indoors
Tent: Vivosun 2x4x5 with two 4" inlet fans, 6" carbon filtration, clip on fan
Lights: two Viparspectra 300w on pulleys, , 18/6 for veg, 12/12 when in flower
Grow Method: General Hydroponics water farm
Nutes: full aggressive grow strength, General Hydroponics FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom; pH Up/Down and CalMag as needed
Canopy Management: aggressive and early on LST

The seed popped within a few days, and when there was enough of a tail, I put it into my heated germination station in a Rooter plug, in a south facing window. Left it there for 4 days till I got a nice stem and first true leaves, then moved it into the tent and turned on the system. I meant to start this journal last month but sickness in the family kept me from doing so till now (damn flu). Today is 29 days from seed, and here's the obligatory photo:

YYCvjVx.jpg

Now, there's quite a bit more algae on the clay pebbles than her Northern Lights tentmate. Again, not sure if I should worry about it as I've seen this before and didn't do anything, and things worked out just fine. Got some crunchy edges on the earlier lower leaves, I attributed it to LEDs being too close, so I raised them another 6" and the newer leaves look just fine.

More later.

Well, here we are at the 4-week-in-veg mark, time to flip! This grow, my first GDP, shows remarkable growth in the past week and a half, and I'm amazed at the width of the fan leaves (though I've read it's typical for the strain). I'm keeping her on aggressive veg nutes till I see first sign of flower. Here she is in all her glory:

20180217_gdp.jpg

My GDP photoperiod grow (my first of this strain) appears to be growing well. It's low and squat right now, and at day 47 from seed and one week under 12/12 lighting, it looks like this one may not grow that tall, but it may still surprise me.

All right, here we are, another Saturday, another nute switch day (transition nutes 2 Gro, 2 Micro, 2 Flower, 1 CaliMag). She's growing! This is day 52 from seed, 14 days in 12/12 under the LEDs. I'm really anxious to see her grow as she stretches towards the finish in about 6 weeks.

OK, time for another report. This is day 40F, 78 days from seed. Gave the lassie a bit of a haircut last weekend and I can see things much better. And I can see I really need to start LSTing my grows. Had trouble in the past due to not knowing where to tie the branches down, since I need to replace the nutes every week. But I have a solution for that which I'll detail when I do it after this grow is complete.

So, here she is in all her spiney glory!

Damn, I'm so envious of you right now. Sexy looking plants :goodjob:. I'm struggling to find GDP seeds here in South Africa (3 weeks wait for regular seeds via GSR :( )

I'll be harvesting this grow in just a few days. I'll do a photo before I cut, one of the untrimmed colas, and then finally one of the trimmed colas before drying. I didn't LST this grow so I'm not expecting a whole lot, but even if I get just shy of 2 oz. (my current guesstimate based on prior grows), it's still fine. Plus I modded my waterfarms for the next grow to allow me to more easily LST, and so I expect a lot more out of future grows.

Have you smoked GDP before?
I grew two plants and harvested a month or so ago, I hosed up and pollinated both plants with GDP pollen.
But even the seeded buds are a fantastic smoke, my favorite high THC strain so far
I understand why it's so popular.
Congrats, can't wait to see the harvest

Back
Top Bottom