Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

What strains are they? These are 4 Ken's original Grand Daddy Purple seeds that I S1'ed myself by using colloidal silver (I self-pollinated a single plant) and 1 Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plant from a breeder called Verdant Green (I started it earlier than the 4 GDP S1s due to the low yield).

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrids.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling and veg.

If in Veg... For how long? The plant is 3 weeks and 5 days old, and the 4 seedlings are 1 week old.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#4 Advanced for seedling, then a soil called Nectar for the Gods (Ingredients: Washed Coco Coir Fiber, Alaskan Humus, Perlite, Yucca, Pumice, Diatoms, Worm Castings, Feather Meal, Fish Meal, Kelp Meal, Paramagnetic Rock, Limestone, Rock Dust, Mycorrhizae Fungi (Xtreme Gardening custom blend) with about a cup of perlite per gallon of soil for drainage.

If soil... What size pot? 4" at first, then I'll transplant up to 2 gallon pots.

Size of lights? This will vary depending on open space, but probably a 250 watt full spectrum CFL for veg (18/6) and a 400 or 600 watt HPS for flower (12/12).

Is it aircooled? The light reflectors have 6" and 8" inline fans, and air circulation has a 4" inline fan.

Temp of Room/cab? around 74 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 43%.

PH of media or res? I don't check it.

Any Pests ? Some gnats.

How often are you watering? I expect to water every two to three days.

Type and strength of ferts used? Compost teas of which the ingredients are to be listed as mixed.

I'll get a few pics up tomorrow; the Pre '98 is under a 250 watt full spectrum CFL, and the 4 GDP seedlings are under four 24 watt blue spectrum T5s for now. I'm also going to feed the Pre '98 AN's Iguana Juice grow once or twice until I have my bubbler setup complete and the seedlings are big enough to feed. It looks pale.

Here chimp! Awesome you made some s1 beans.... Did you make the collodial? I'm looking to make some here in the near future

Yeah I used BID's method to make colloidal silver and did it until the fluid was around 50 ppm.

Hey what's up Graytail? Here's a pic of the GDP seedlings the Pre '98 is in the dark right now:

0012700.JPG

The two marked ones here are on the sides next to my Super Skunk seedlings:

0022615.JPG

The fourth one is in a pot with something else; I'll separate them soon so I can take pics of it.

Thanks here's my overwatered Pre '98 Bubba Kush :)

0012702.JPG

I gotta get it into a bigger pot. The small pots dry out too fast in this unit (there's a T5 unit right below this one, and the bulbs are attached directly to the floor which causes too much heat).

This thing's gonna love the soil mix I got for it :) Pre '98 Bubba Kush:

0061970.JPG
0071845.JPG

I like to keep it in a smaller pot because it doesn't like to be overwatered (smaller pots dry quick), but it's getting time to do a transplant soon. By then, hopefully these Grand Daddy Purple S1 seedlings will have caught up with it. One of these S1s is going to be the father for S2:

0022625.JPG
0032527.JPG

Since this fourth seedling is runted, I'll use it as the mother for the S2 project:

0042361.JPG

I put that seedling in a pot that has a reveg in it already; as soon as one of the three clones I took from that reveg takes, I'll repot it.

Looks a lot better since you moved them off the shelf with the light under it. I know when the roots get too hot you'll run into all kinds of issues. Root rot,stunted growth or stop growing all together, & so many more. Just roll with the punches and keep a level head. Then you can't go wrong. As long as you're patient with them. They'll reward you for sure. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Im sure you know all of this already lol.(just my 2cents)

Looks a lot better since you moved them off the shelf with the light under it. I know when the roots get too hot you'll run into all kinds of issues. Root rot,stunted growth or stop growing all together, & so many more. Just roll with the punches and keep a level head. Then you can't go wrong. As long as you're patient with them. They'll reward you for sure. Can't wait to see how these turn out.

Im sure you know all of this already lol.(just my 2cents)

Yeah it did help moving them out from under the t5s, but I broke my 250 watt full spectrum CFL bulb the other day moving plants around and had to replace it with a 125 watt one. I'll get another bulb as soon as I can afford it and might go down to a 200 watt.
I've grown a couple of these S1 seeds out before, but the grow didn't do well (if I remember it was grey mold that ran through my grows at the time). IMHO, they seem to be Purple Urkel dominant and not exact copies of the mother. I'll know for sure this time if they are copies or not if I can manage to get the grow to go smooth. :wood:

PotChimp,

Hope you don't mind if I tag along for this ride. First grow back when was GDP, need to do it again. Your's is special though, mine will be what they may call GDP nowdays.

GR

I'm finally her to follow along Chimp. I can't wait to see if they'd exact copies or not. It will be interesting to see you go on to s2 these as well.

Front row seats :)

PotChimp,

Hope you don't mind if I tag along for this ride. First grow back when was GDP, need to do it again. Your's is special though, mine will be what they may call GDP nowdays.

GR

Hey welcome everybody :) If I get a chance I'll try to look back at my pics to see if I have any of the other S1s I did of this GDP. It sure would be cool to get something this frosty stabilized for breeding.

PC,
I don't have any pics from the 2008 GDP grow, but I do have some from one of the crosses with GDP, my 2013 Querkle grow.

This was grown under a CLW SS400, was a fall grow with a 12/13 harvest. This was a Manifold/Mainline grow.

20131201_131619.jpg
20131201_131155.jpg

The Querkle clone, her name was Q2D, she was harvested late 1/14. This was not a Manifold grow, but I did let her go about 2 weeks longer.

101_7050.JPG

This past summer I was going thru my jars and found this at the back of the shelf. It's a bud of Querkle that was in a jar of about an 1/8 of Q2D that I did not realize I had. It was in it's own bag in the jar with a Boveda 62RH, as were the rest of the buds in the jar, still very pliable, the taste was of grapes, and the stone was just wonderful, my G/F and I were celebrating a anniversary and I found this in June 15'. What a great anniversary find.

20150506_081051.jpg
20150506_081028.jpg
20150506_080951.jpg

GR

Just thought is was relevant to your GDP grow.

Back
Top Bottom