Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Everything I do for seeds I run for too long in bloom, and when I chop the plants I let them get drier than when I jar weed up. I put them in whatever I'm keeping them in right away (usually with one of those silica gel pacs to keep them dry).

I use the weed from the seeded mother for kief because it smokes so harsh, so overdrying helps there, too.
I've got a lot of mutations (mostly leaf) in these seedlings. These are from my prior GDP breeding project; and there are around 9-12 each of the more and less haired GDP mothers I used:

When I get a chance, I'll take some pics. Some leaves have a ducksfoot appearance, but they're not symmetrical. Four of these seedlings didn't develop the first set of leaves (on occasion I get that), but one is starting to grow them from the side of the cotylendons. I've got a few normal plants from each, though.

Here's most of the last female plants in that last GDP S1 x GDP f3 backcross grow (I have one more runted plant in another pot). They're doing the same thing the last plants did; tucking the leaves straight up:

I think there's three plants in that pot.

The last of this GDP S1 x GDP f3 pot that I have to jar up yet; here's a few nugs:

I've got a runt and three sister plants (all in one pot) to chop still.

Here's most of the last female plants in that last GDP S1 x GDP f3 backcross grow (I have one more runted plant in another pot). They're doing the same thing the last plants did; tucking the leaves straight up:

I think there's three plants in that pot.

Slutty girls with their skirts up. LOL

On a side note before breeding when working with the GDP for the first time before crossing them did you notice mutations? I popped (2) seeds and both were mutants that eventually turned male. I culled them both. Sorry if you already discussed this as I am coming in late to the party.

I noticed a lot of mutations breeding out this strain. Triple-node plants, double headed top colas; all kinds of leaf mutations, too. I don't think any of the original plants were mutated, though.
Here's a few nug shots from those plants in post #1608:

I've got a Legend of '91 seedling that I'm growing (Chem '91 x OG Kush). It grew two main stems and a really weird leaf where the normal main stem is supposed to be. I get mutations here and there, but they don't ever amount to anything worth keeping.

Oh, I just chopped both backcross GDP S1 x GDP f3 mothers today. I have a successful clone of the second S1 mother, but the clone I took of the first S1 mother dried up. I'll have to reveg the clone mother I have in bloom if I can't get a second cutting from it to take.
I have those GDP plants from my first breeding project growing now; maybe I'll get a pic of them later and post it. More of the more-haired GDP seedlings grew than the less-haired seedlings, but I haven't counted them yet to see how many of each there are.

Besides that plant in the last pic, these are the last of my GDP backcross project plants:

The breeding project plants I just started are kind of weak from being under t5s, but I put them under my 250w MH recently. I had to cull two of the less-haired offspring (both male and going into full bloom under 18/6). I'll get some pics of them up soon and get a count on the number of each offspring left.

Awesome work Chimp! I have a GDP growing seeds now. Don’t mean to hijack, but I wanted to share. Dropped 4 seeds. One didn’t sprout, 2 males, 1 female. Chucked 1 male because it was on the left side. flowered together in a 2x4. Both plants looked awesome (pretty big too). The male wouldn’t make any pollen. I kept checking, tapping, .... a couple days later, I noticed some pollen. I reached in and gave the male 1 shake. Smoke screen! So much for selective germination. The female is an entire ball of developing seeds. Im sure ill have my share of GDP X Dr.G, Desfran, Afghan, and Blueberry in the other tent. Lesson learned!

Mom is frosty as hell. Short on purple.

The last of the GDP plants from the mother I'm doing a backcross to:

It was a runt, so I put it into bloom later than the rest. It would have had more purple if I let it go longer, but I'm outta room to put plants so I gotta chop it.
I'll be putting all of the GDP plants from my breeding project in bigger pots tomorrow, so I'll take some pics of them. And I'll get a pic up of my Pre '98 Bubba Kush soon, too.

Back
Top Bottom