Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I don't want to think it's a mutation, but I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it and I'm running out of excuses as to why it is.

Ohhh really. I didn't realize it showed up before, thought maybe just this batch.

I did some Googleing maybe this will help?

Skunk Landrace from Afghanistan is a poly hybrid between two Sativa landraces - Colombian Gold and Acapulco Gold - and an Afghani Indica purebred. 90 to 100% Indica..

Afghani strains are thought to originate in the Mazar-i-Sharif region of Afghanistan. They're commonly categorized as pure indica landrace strains 90 to 100% Indica

Big bud, Its exact genetics are unknown, but it is an indica-dominant hybrid believed to be a cross of Northern Lights, Skunk #1, and an Afghani.

Skunk x Afghani = big bud

Big bud, Its exact genetics are unknown, but it is an indica-dominant hybrid believed to be a cross of Northern Lights, Skunk #1, and an Afghani.

Purple Urkle its parentage is traceable to Mendocino Purps, which itself came from the legendary Emerald Triangle region in northern California. ... Its purple genetics, a result of its lineage which includes Grape Ape and Granddaddy Purple,

Purple Urkle x big bud = Granddaddy purple

With all these crosses I'm sure that it's not impossible to find some mutations and its likely very possible to breed out the unwanted genetic.

Best I can suggest is find the plants with the least amount of "wrinkled leaves" and back croos them with with another known parents Genetics to get ride of that particular trate.

Like I've said, only about 30% of my GDDP offspring showed wrinkles on the first 3 sets of leaves, after that they grew normal.
I'm only looking to reproduce the non wrinkled ones to make a stable gene pool.

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

Three clones from that same plant:

I'll be transplanting those 16 GDP S1 x GDP f3 plants I started recently into 1 gallon pots and moving them under a 250w MH in a day or two. They're not really much to look at this soon, but I'll get some pics up when I can.

I got a feeling it's gonna get a lot stranger, too. Good to hear from you :thumb: I wish I had something better to show you than three Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plants that grew too close to the LED for too long:

Yeah, you gotta pay attention to those heights..... :straightface:

Things going on; sorry I haven't given an update lately. That Pre '98 S1 above is close to harvest, so I'll get some pics of it up soon. I put two more clone plants of it in bloom a few days ago, and kept a mother plant.
Of the sixteen GDP S1 x GDP f3 plants (eight from each of two GDP S1 mothers), the male and female ratio turned out 50:50. I'll check later, but I think that it's four males of each mother, too. Every one of the males is going into full bloom under an 18/6 grow light schedule (a problem I've had multiple times with these GDP crosses). I thought that I could cull those male plants and wait for one that didn't do that, but all eight of the females started doing the same thing; full bloom, not just a few hairs. :(
I'm gonna keep the darkest colored male and use it for the S1 backcross so that this isn't a loss. I took a clone from the GDP S1 backcross mother today, so I'll probably get started with the pollination soon.

Harvest day for my Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

I might get an ounce, surprisingly enough. I've got those two clones in bloom and another in veg that I took a clone from yesterday. I'm going to take the top for a clone also, then grow it a while for size.
I've picked and up potted the GDP S1 x GDP f3 parents for the backcross (a father from the darker purple GDP S1 and two mothers from both GDP S1s). I'm waiting for the backcross clone to start growing, then about a week later I'll put it in with the others. If the father dies off too soon, I'll collect pollen to do the backcross with.

Little by little they are. How close to normal will things be after this and how long that will take are still uncertain. But I'm hopeful; thanks for asking. I'll find out more today.
That pot smells really good, as little as there is. :drool:

Ace's Bubba Hash (Pre-98 x Hashplant) is sure one of the best I've had. I have 2 yr old jars and the nugs I pull out of there are still chock full of flavor - hardly changed from when I jarred them. Yummy!

:thumb:

That strain is one of the few left on my current wish list.
Two Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plants:

GDP S1 backcross project - Sorry that it wasn't well documented, but yesterday I picked a GDP backcross father and two GDP backcross mothers to work with; one from a dark purple GDP S1 mother, and one from a GDP S1 mother that looked close to the original plant I selfed (a plant that I kept for years).
I have a small clone of the second GDP S1 mother to backcross to, but the first dark purple S1 reveg plant died, so I can't backcross to both. I'll put that clone in with the other three plants as soon as it starts to grow.
I can tell by the leaves that all three parents are going to have some amount of purple. :thumb:
I'll get pics up later when the lights come on.

These are what I call the mother rejects; the females that I decide not to use for breeding out of the grow. Most of these offspring have the same many-long-leaves look to them. When I bred my original GDP seeds out three times, the offspring looked just like most of these after that third breeding, too. Nothing like when they started.
I'm going to replace one of the GDP S1 mothers with this plant, one that doesn't look like the rest:

Here's the other five mother rejects (to recap, the father was GDP f3 and from the above mentioned original breeding project, and the mother was GDP S1 selfed from the original purchased seeds):

All of the rest of these are going into bloom under 18/6, a problem I keep having with these genetics. I let them go a long time in a solo cup sized plastic pot, so they're pretty stunted. I transplanted them into bigger pots a few days ago and they're starting to perk up.
Both of the GDP S1 x GDP f3 mothers I picked to get pollinated along with the GDP S1 backcross mother look like these, except not as leafy. I'll get pics of them up later when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom