Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Here they are, waiting for a place in my tents (mostly GDP f3 x GDP f3 and a few GDP f3 x GDP S1s):

They seem to look a lot alike, and most of them are showing signs of purple. Here's two:

I put two of the three GDP f1 x GDP S1 plants in another tent along with a GDP f3 x GDP f3 because they're growing mutated, and I culled one GDP f3 x GDP f3 male so far.

Chimp I made some Chernobyl F2 seeds couple years ago. Ive tried to crack them a few times with no luck. Seeds were left too long on the vine, they are almost black with hard ass shells.

I tried your pliers method. Got 5 outta 12 to crack :D not good rate but f$uck it I have a shit load of them. Finally ill get a look at them. The mother plant was freakishly frosty

I'm getting males (seven of them so far including the one I culled), so I have to go through them and find a father. I'm hoping that when I magnify all of them I find one with few flowers that stay few until 12/12 (they're running at 18/6 now). That tall one in the back is getting culled tonight:

I need to get them into bigger pots, so I got some grow tent juggling to do.

Didn't work! :D
All my plants are arranged better now, but I didn't make any extra room doing it like I thought it would. I'm going to have to start at least one of the two grow areas I have up again (I'm running 3 tents, a locker, and a 2' x 4' closet right now). I hope the cold doesn't mess up those young repotted plants.

Almost a month since I've been able to do anything with these, so here's an update.
I finally have enough room to up pot. They've been in 4" pots for too long. They all seem similar (there's a reveg and four other plants in with them):

Almost all of them are going into full bloom at 18/6:

There's two that aren't; I'll keep growing them and see. Here's one:

I'm going to cull the father today because it's one of the plants going into full bloom under 18/6. So I guess I'm going to grow these out and look for a female that has the traits I want. Man, it seems like they're autos..... :(

Got some real life stuff goin' on..... :straightface:
I haven't been able to tend to these as much as I would have liked, but they went into bloom under 18/6 so I guess it's no great loss (GDP f3 x GDP f3):

Here's one that didn't go into bloom as much. Maybe I could save it, but it doesn't look very good:

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

I'm not sure where I'm going with it all at this point. Maybe start over with some of the older seeds I made or something. It depends on a lot of things.

Well, side branches grew off of a few of these GDP f3s so I took them as cuttings before I put the donor mothers into bloom. Maybe I can salvage something out of this mess :straightface:
Here's what most of them look like after about 1-1/2 weeks of 12/12, blooming all the way through veg like autos:

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

I'm not sure what these plants are doing. From the original seeds, I bred out a male and two females for three generations (one IBL and the other using the IBL male), then took a male from one f3 and a female from the other f3 and bred them together. These are the offspring, and all of them did the same thing to a certain extent.
I kept them in 3" square and 6" deep pots for 5-6 weeks (they were yellow as Hell), then transplanted them to #1 pots. But even before the started to outgrow the small pots, the main cola started to go into full bloom. I thought repotting them would stop it, but they kept flowering. And never got any taller than a foot. Only a few of them did any side branching, so I took clones from those and decided to put the rest under 12/12 and hope that the small colas would get bigger (they did). Here's a pic or two:

I thought to myself, "Did he use autos when he bred this out?"
Then most of the plants (maybe all) started growing side branches, and those started flowering normally, even though the buds are small. The second growth looks like more of what I was aiming at; here's a pic of another plant with one of its side branches:

There doesn't seem to be much purple in the main colas, but it looks like the second growth might have some:

What I'm gonna do is chop the main colas soon, grow the rest of the plants out, and reveg the plant that looks the best for a mother, and do another grow as soon as grey mold season is over to find a father. :thumb:
I chopped that Pre '98 and I'll try to remember to take some pics of it.

Well, most of those main colas are chopped. I think I might wind up with about an ounce. Really high leaf-to-calyx ratio, though (GDP f3 x GDP f3):

There won't be much in terms of a second crop, either. The plant in the middle still has the main cola:

Whichever plant looks the best is getting revegged mostly without harvest, to make sure the plant has a better chance of making it. Then I'll look for a father in the next grow. But if the plant I reveg goes into bloom under 18/6 like the donor mother did, I'll get rid of it. I hope I don't have to ditch the whole project; I've been working on it for years now. :(

Ive only done one breeding project, so I dont have much experience ( don't know shit ). But over the years Ive noticed out of all the F2's or higher from other breeders, Ive always had best luck with poly hybrids or F1's like subcool sold. Seem to have better vigor and more stability.

Maybe kissing cousins creates mush heads :rofl:

Hey chimp I apologize for my last post I tried to be funny, but just came off awkward. Too high at the moment I guess :lot-o-toke:

My parents are from the south. Hopefully they weren't kissing cousins :D

Hey chimp I apologize for my last post I tried to be funny, but just came off awkward. Too high at the moment I guess :lot-o-toke:

My parents are from the south. Hopefully they weren't kissing cousins :D
Don't even give it thought :D I've made a few jokes I didn't think about and ran a few people off myself; didn't mean to.

Back
Top Bottom