Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I've got a few of the last of these GDP f3 x GDP f3s in a dark closet trying to run them out to see if they get more purple. I'll reveg this one and try to find a male in the next grow. They all have a really good buzz, but they just don't seem to have the grape smell:

I'm gonna keep trying though..... :thumb:

I think I made a good choice to keep this GDP f3 x GDP f3 female. It's starting to turn color a little:

I think I'm going to start another grow to find a good male in about 4-6 weeks.

I started another grow of this mess :)
This time what I'm going to do is just try to find a female plant that's decent enough to clone and later treat with STS to make fem seeds; at least I know that's doable. I've tried to breed this out to no avail. It doesn't surprise me, seeing as how I started out with unstable seedstock and only did small grows to find parents. But I had a lot of fun and smoked a lot of dope doing it :thumb:
These are the earliest seeds I could find; from a mother I called the less-haired pheno. The first run of them were hard as a rock and big as a coconut (I remembered that when I found them about a week ago). Out of 14 seeds, I only got 4 of them to germinate. I found the next generation coming from that same mother and got 2 out of 4 the first time and 2 out of 2 the next, making a total of 8 seedlings (the biggest ones are from the 1st generation mother):

I have a clone from the last GDP f3 x GDP f3 grow I did in bloom right now, so I'll add pics of it too when I get a chance. I also have a Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 clone plant that I'm pulling out of mutation (1 and 3 bladed leaves) that I'll get some pics of later.

Further along in bloom; same plant as above:

All eight of the GDP plants I just started are doing okay. I separated the four bigger plants from my first pollination and the four smaller plants from my second pollination into two areas; I'll get some pics up of them soon.
I'll be taking a clone from the top of my Pre '98 plant in a few days, so I'll get some pics of that too.

Here's that plant again :)

I still haven't taken that Pre '98 clone, but all eight of those GDP plants I started are doing okay. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Looking good PotChimp! Glad to see you are still at it!

I wish I could go at it with this journal all the time, but both of these strains get grey mold so I can't do them in the Spring or Summer where I'm at. And I got a late start this fall due to overcrowding in my other tents.
Right now I'm just growing plants looking for a really good one to treat with STS and just go with that instead of trying to breed GDP out like I've been doing for years now. I'm not getting something I like out of it.

I took two clones off the bottom of that Pre '98 instead of topping it. And two of these eight GDPs from my earlier breeding attempts are males:

I'll repot the other six tomorrow and post a pic or two.

I had one for a long time that was perfect :) Same nice colors, but frostier and smelled more like grape candy.
I really miss your Apollo 13! :yummy:

Your MPK was one of the best examples I've seen, too!

I tried like hell to get some A-13 seeds, at one point, but they were sold out. :(

I lost that Apollo 13 f2 :( It was a bad time in our life here and I wasn't keeping track of reveg plants or clones. My last reveg of it died.
I got my AP13 f2 seeds from the old website Cede-Bay (not spelled right for obvious reasons). Somebody who was a respected breeder (according to another breeder named Soma) got the seeds and grew them out to f2. I wish I could get more of them. I think the Brothers Grimm sell a cut of it.

Back
Top Bottom