Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

That sure is a funky looking top Chimp. What make you think that those two clones are from an s1 and not the original? They do look slightly different by I have seen two clones from the same mom be slightly different. Though I have noticed more that clones can differ from seed mom's pretty significantly. I had a skunk 1 that was pretty great from seed. The smell was great the nugs were thick and dense and frosty on the plant from seed and then the clones of it just did not compare. The nugs were smaller and wispier and it just never filled in as much or frosted up the same. All grown the same way in the same set up.

That sure is a funky looking top Chimp. What make you think that those two clones are from an s1 and not the original? They do look slightly different by I have seen two clones from the same mom be slightly different. Though I have noticed more that clones can differ from seed mom's pretty significantly. I had a skunk 1 that was pretty great from seed. The smell was great the nugs were thick and dense and frosty on the plant from seed and then the clones of it just did not compare. The nugs were smaller and wispier and it just never filled in as much or frosted up the same. All grown the same way in the same set up.

I remember taking two clones from that last S1 grow, but I didn't mark the tags as S1. I've been doing clones of the original plant and got them all mixed up. Close to the end like this the differences in phenotypes show the most and there are two that show, so I think it's them.

:popcorn: Is that a polyploid GDP????? Freakin awesome...:thumb:

Yep, and unlike others I've had this one isn't converting back to normal. I'm gonna pollinate it with its sister, a plant that was triple node but converted back (it's a feminized plant, but I'm treating it with colloidal silver solution).

I remember taking two clones from that last S1 grow, but I didn't mark the tags as S1. I've been doing clones of the original plant and got them all mixed up. Close to the end like this the differences in phenotypes show the most and there are two that show, so I think it's them.

Ok that makes sense then. To me they look fairly similar other than coloration. The last two pics look pretty much the same.

How goes trying to get pollen from the regular two? You had showed pics that looked like the reversal may be starting to throw out male flowers I am just wondering if anything came of them.

Ok that makes sense then. To me they look fairly similar other than coloration. The last two pics look pretty much the same.

How goes trying to get pollen from the regular two? You had showed pics that looked like the reversal may be starting to throw out male flowers I am just wondering if anything came of them.

They don't look much further along (I'll try to get pics up tomorrow), and the tops look a few weeks from chop. I hope it works this time but I'm a little worried it might not. If the male flowers form and the second normal S1 is too far along I have an original GDP clone I just put into flower that I could pollinate to make S2. After seeing the difference in this GDP S1, I think I'd be better off anyway:

0052522.JPG
0062239.JPG
0101541.JPG

Original GDP:

0072092.JPG
0081893.JPG

Here's a few shots of the CS treated normal GDP S1 plant. As I mentioned before, I started treating at the first sight of hairs, which I think was too late. Some of the lower flowers formed male parts (I see a seed or two already):

0042682.JPG
0072093.JPG

and a few didn't (the second pic is the top):

0062240.JPG
0101542.JPG

The very lowest nodes on the plant look more promising as far as pollinating the second normal GDP S1 in the closet with it:

0052523.JPG

But I'm not sure if I have enough time (this is the second normal GDP S1):

0081894.JPG

Bummer too 'cause it's the better looking one of the two:

0091692.JPG

The weird GDP S1 I treated isn't showing signs of male parts yet, at least not that I can see with my eyes.

Looking great.. I wanted a purple strain so I picked up a purple urkle and her buds are much smaller than this beast. Seems like she doesn't want to change color for me. I my lowest temp is 74 and I can't get it lower with out hurting the rest of my ladies. Any suggestions on forcing her purple? I picked up some purple Maxx to help but I don't think it's going to work like I hoped.

It's not something I would suggest to anyone, but I've noticed before that a lack of certain nutes (not sure which one or ones) causes color to come out more. I mostly think that if it's not in the genetics to turn color that it won't. Until the last few weeks before chop I don't see major color change in these, if that helps any. :goodluck:

Chimpa Choppa Chunga!!!!! :tokin:

This Grand Daddy Purple S1 clone purpled up big:

0052525.JPG
0062243.JPG
0072095.JPG
0081897.JPG
0091695.JPG

These are the lower branches I cut off and put into the mother pot to reveg after chop:

0101545.JPG
0121217.JPG

The small roots broke off the one I pulled (you can barely see two at the bottom of the cut):

0111360.JPG

You can see that they don't root much in bloom (I've read that before too), and I think that's why those plants look yellow like this when I grow them all the way out instead of taking a cutting from them and and culling (original GDP clone):

016826.JPG
017747.JPG
018662.JPG

This other GDP S1 clone from the same plant for some reason didn't get as purple:

0131096.JPG
014986.JPG
015886.JPG

But they're on the drying rack! ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!

Notes: I ran out of CS solution to treat the two mutated GDP S1 plants yesterday, so I'll have to do a close inspection of the treated plant to see if I need to make more. I'm going to chop the tops of the two normal GDP S1 plants in about a week or so. The male flowers are coming out more on the bottom so this might work out after all. If not, I'll pollinate this (original GDP clone):

0042693.JPG

I'm not sure if a backcross like that makes it S2 or not..... :hmmmm:

So far, in my limited experience, my crosses have usually kept the growth habit of the mother. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom