Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

I chopped this mutated GDP plant yesterday (from my breeding project):

Here's a clone from the only previous GDP mother I have left to backcross to:

I think as soon as I get my new light I'll get the next seeds started.

I'm going to reveg this offspring from my GDP backcross project. That way I'll have a replacement for its mother (the second GDP S1 I was using for this project that's gone because I couldn't get it to reveg):

Here's a sister plant:

They both have serious bulk to 'em.
I have a clone of the first GDP S1 mother I'm using, but it's starting out rough. I think it'll be okay, but I have two backup plants most of the way through bloom just in case.

I chopped both of those GDP plants above (and a third GDP plant) this morning. The darker purple plant above was offspring from the dark purple GDP S1 plant that I pollinated. So since I couldn't get the S1 mother to reveg, I'm going to try to reveg this plant and use it, even though technically it won't be a backcross.
Here's the other GDP S1 I'm using in this backcross project, a few weeks out from chop:

I'm going to be planting sixteen seeds from this S1 mother and the darker purple S1 mother tomorrow. A dark purple male to use for a father is what I'm looking for..... :straightface:

Nice ratio on the germination, Bro! :high-five:

Now, whatcha gonna do with 16 seedlings? Do you have space for them all, or are you going to need to cull some? I always hate culling healthy plants!

That's the easy part; I'll just put them in with these Chemdawg D BX3 plants and.....

:straightface:
Maybe I can squeeze 'em in with these Killer A5 Haze and Blackberry Trainwreck plants.....

Yeah, good question. :confused:
On a brighter note, I think this GDP S1 x GDP f3 reveg that I have to use in place of that second GDP S1 backcross may take:

Most of those will be gone by the time these seedlings are grown enough to move, so I shouldn't have to cull until sexing. To make it a true backcross, I want to take a male from the first GDP S1 offspring (a plant that resembled one I kept for a few years) and cross it with a clone from the original S1 plant. I'll pollinate the best looking offspring from the second GDP S1 mother plant with that father also. So it's actually breeding offspring from these two S1s and doing a backcross at the same time.
I'm not going to start the next round of my GDP breeding project until this one is over (as opposed to this project, which is my GDP backcross project). That project is about breeding those two more-haired and less haired GDP phenos that I bred out together to f3.
I even get confused myself. I keep it all in my head, though. It's just kind of hard to explain it in detail.

Well, that reveg didn't take either. I'll have to just pollinate the one GDP S1 clone plant for a backcross.
Here's the offspring from both GDP S1s; eight of each:

I'll have to lay off watering them as much as I do because of the wilt. I'm going to get them into bigger pots and under a 250w MH soon.
The plant with multiple tops on the left is a Ghost Train Haze #1, and the rest are Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plants:

I've got a Pre '98 in bloom, too. I'll get a pic of it up soon; it's just now starting to get hairs.

About 1/3 of the offspring from my GDP breeding project (more-haired/less-haired mothers) seem to have deformities. Here's a few of the plants:

Of the plants that weren't deformed, I did manage to retain a little of the purple:

The GDP mother and father that I bred together from this grow are dried up in the pots; I grew them as long as they would live. I'll try to get a pic up of them later, but I'm not sure I'm gonna like the offspring of this mess..... :straightface:
I think I'm going to bag up the seeds from the last round (my GDP S1 backcross project) tomorrow, and I'm thinking of growing those in a month to do the second backcross.

Wrinkled fan leaves.... My GDP offspring some had wrinkled fan leaves, but only the first few sets, after that all was normal looking. Do you think this is a mutation on yours also? Or from the environment or nutrients ect? Very interesting.

Wrinkled fan leaves.... My GDP offspring some had wrinkled fan leaves, but only the first few sets, after that all was normal looking. Do you think this is a mutation on yours also? Or from the environment or nutrients ect? Very interesting.

I don't want to think it's a mutation, but I've tried everything I can think of to get rid of it and I'm running out of excuses as to why it is.

Back
Top Bottom