Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

These are the three parents in my GDP S1 backcross project:

The father is from the GDP S1 mother most resembling the plant I cloned (#2), One mother is a sister plant to that, and the third is from a second GDP S1 mother (dark purple coloration). The GDP S1 clone I'm going to backcross with isn't in with the rest yet because it hasn't taken. I have the backcross mother in bloom now, so if the clone doesn't take I'll pollinate it instead.

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

Those Bubbas are looking yummy there Chimp :thumb:

I tried growing some from a couple different breeders but they never germinated. I might need to see if anyone is having any sales around the holidays and give it another try.

I think I got one more Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 seed. Every one of them I've grown has looked alike so far. If my GTH#1 STS fem seed project works, I might give two of these Pre '98 clones a run at it :thumb:
I'm gonna pollinate this bigger GDP S1 clone for my backcross tonight; the clone I took to do this backcross with is pretty small, so I'm not sure it'll produce seeds:

I'll try to get a pic of the GDP S1 x GDP f3 father and mothers tonight when I collect the pollen.

Son of the above GDP S1 (and father to this backcross), along with a sister and another GDP S1 x GDP f3 female:

The father has some color to it :thumb: I'm letting it die off because its job is done. I pollinated that plant above, too.
Here's the sister to that father:

The other mother here is from the really dark purple pheno that I kept (I can see good color to this one):

I think the next grow I start is gonna be my GDP more-haired/less-haired GDP breeding project cross. I want to see what those look like, and it's a good time to grow grey mold prone plants; the mold spores are dormant now.

It's been a while, but here's some of the results so far. These are the GDP S1 x GDP f3 offspring (1 father and 2 mothers):

The first mother doesn't have as much color:

The second mother is darker:

I picked a good father for color:

Here's a clone of the GDP S1 mother to those (backcross). I pollinated two branches on it because the small clone I put in with those three plants above didn't take:

Sister plants to those above GDP S1 x GDP f3 parents, growing erratically:

There's two Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 clones in here:

I've got two Pre '98s ready for chop, and one about 3 weeks in bloom; I'll get pics of those up tomorrow.
My next grow is gonna be the first offspring of my previous GDP breeding project. :thumb:

To sum things up - For this GDP backcross project, I pollinated two GDP S1 plants with a GDP father from my breeding project (f3). One S1 looked like the plant I selfed to begin with, and one S1 was a dark purple. The dark purple S1 didn't reveg, so I couldn't do a backcross to it. This is a clone plant from the other GDP S1; the backcross:

I've got seeds, even on these branches I didn't pollinate on purpose:

In with the GDP f3 father are two offspring from those two GDP S1s. I just consider those two a side-project to the main one here. :)
Some of the sister plants to those two offspring:

Don't mind the brown hairs; they're falling off of my Killer A5 Haze plant..... :straightface:
Next up will be between 12-16 seeds from my first cross of the two GDP f3 parents in my breeding project. I'll sum that project up when I start the seeds.

Finally! :) I know I have seeds from the GDP S1 backcross mother now. I chopped it today; here's a bud on the plant before chop:

Here's one of the flowers I found seeds in:

I put that plant in to reveg, but I'm not sure if it will after producing seeds. These offspring should be plenty purple if the parents have anything to do with it. :hmmmm:
I want to do two big plants the next round; I want a lot of those seeds. But next up is the first cross of the original GDP seeds I bred out for three generations.

I'll be chopping the other two GDP plants I pollinated tonight. And within a few days I'll be starting seeds from the first GDP cross between the two crosses I bred side-by-side for all these years (I figured out a way to explain all of what I did since the original seeds I started with, but I haven't jotted it down as a drawing yet). And I'll try to get some more pics up of the sisters to those plants I'll be chopping tonight.
But until then, here's a few Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 pics:

Back
Top Bottom