Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Gettin' darker :thumb:
GDP S1 x GDP f3 crosses (sisters to the backcross father I'm using):

I chopped the backcross mother three days ago and saw a seed fall onto the plate I was using, so I know the pollination worked.
As soon as I get the chance to chop the other two GDP S1 x GDP f3 mothers in with the backcross father and clean the grow closet up, I'm going to start twelve seeds of the cross I did with two other GDP plants (I ran those up to f3, and a male from that is what I started with here).
As soon as I get another chance, I'll draw that diagram I thought up to explain what I've done here so far with the Ken's original GDP seeds I started with.

I think I made this understandable. The top f1s are the original Ken's Grand Daddy Purple seeds I started out with. On the breeding project side, I pollinated both a less-haired and more-haired GDP f1 female with a nice GDP F1 male (I pollinated an 818 Headband female with that father also, and the offspring are really nice). On the backcross side, I pollinated two GDP S1s with an GDP f3 male from the breeding project (the dotted line). Circled at the bottom is where I'm at with all of this, harvesting two sisters to the backcross father and the backcross (right), and starting my first cross of the less and more haired GDP f3 strains I bred out (left):

I'll be starting twelve of those seeds soon; maybe tomorrow. :thumb:

Sister plants to the GDP S1 x GDP f3 circled mother plants in the above diagram (on the backcross side at the bottom). The first two pics are sisters of the circled female on the right, and the last one is a sister of the circled female on the left:

Hey, what's up?
I'm getting my LED closet cleaned up right now for the start of my next run. I'm going to germinate eight seeds of the more-haired-less-haired cross from the chart above on the breeding side, four of the GDP S1 seeds I did from a few years ago, and four of the backcross seeds that I just did (from the chart above on the backcross side).

Note to myself - All of the above seeds are germinating. This grow is mostly going to be about seeing what I've managed to accomplish with all this breeding so far. I'll post some pics as soon as they pop up from the soil. :thumb:

Thanks :cheesygrinsmiley: I hope I get something worthwhile out of it all. I've been crossing the original seeds for years now. I expect the GDP S1s to grow erratically (unstable), I expect the GDP f3 x GDP f3s to smell like grape but not be purple or look like the real thing (breeding them out three generations made them more leafy and lose color), and I hope the GDP S1 backcross seeds look like the parents; I'll be in business then.

I decided to germinate six GDP S1 backcross seeds instead of four. One of the original four seeds I started didn't open, so I started more. These three will be lagging slightly behind the others. But all the rest of the seeds are in the soil and starting to pop up. They're under a 100w LED.

Hey bro I have a few JTR seeds from way back that I'm thinking about doing a seed project with. Hopefully I'll get couple girls and a dude from the 3.
I know you have used JTR for breeding in the past. What's your thoughts on crossing it back to itself?

I was planning on doing the same thing. I accidentally pollinated some JTR clones I was growing with a GDP f3 father once, and the few offspring I grew of it were worth looking into. The lineage of JTR is complex, so I'm not expecting good results. I'm gonna try it anyway. Probably this Summer. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom