Grand Daddy Purple S1 & Pre-1998 Bubba Kush S1

Those freebie Lemon Skunk seeds I just grew out must have been about 8 years old! :D
It's been a while here, but here's all 18 GDP plants I have going:

I'm going to grow the more-haired/less-haired GDP f3 plants together with the GDP S1 backcross plants; those all have the potential for males (I think). I'm going to grow the GDP S1s (one's a runt) along with six GTH#1 S1s plants. :thumb:

I got these in a bigger grow area and under a better light, but I haven't gotten out to get any soilless mix. There's one GDP S1 runt (coming around), six GDP S1 backcrosses, and eight GDP f3 x GDP f3 plants:

This grow makes me realize how much (and for how long) I've been messing with this strain..... :headbanger:

Please pardon the intrusion, maybe you and/or your followers might be interested :cheer:

If so, please apply in the comparative grow thread, as I won't be responding to replies here :thanks:

:Namaste:

Here's two of the GDP backcrosses I did.
GDP S1 x (GDP S1 x GDP f3):

The rest are looking pretty good, too. I'll try to find time to get pics of them up tomorrow. :thumb:

Late as always, but here they are. Pics of all the GDP plants I have going on at the moment:

The three at the top are all f3 crosses; they look a lot alike:

I've got two Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plants I'll get pics of when I can.

Late as always, but here they are. Pics of all the GDP plants I have going on at the moment:

The three at the top are all f3 crosses; they look a lot alike:

I've got two Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 plants I'll get pics of when I can.
Man I love that strain, looks great my friend!

Sorry about the crappy pic, but I got too close with the camera. Here's one of the two male GDP f3 x GDP f3 plants I have so far:

I have them both in a closet, deciding on whether to take this cross further now, or do it later. I'll be putting a few plants in bloom a little sooner than I wanted, but I think I can make the room.

I love what your doing here chimp. What is your end goal with the plants? The knowledge gained doesn’t carry a price tag, just curious if you’re trying to find and isolate any particular traits. Beautiful!

I'm hoping to stabilize a strain that smells close to grape candy and hopefully stays purple, like the original (if staying purple is even possible).
I'm gonna cull those two premature GDP males, and if a good male pops up later in this grow after switching to 12/12, I'll use it.

Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1:

I'm going to take that top as a clone and put it into bloom as soon as it gets a little bigger (along with a second plant of it that's about the same size).

That top withered up because the stem was too woody, so it didn't take. I took a good clone from a lower branch today, then put both of these into bloom (Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1):

I culled all of the GDP males, and I'm down to 11 plants. If a plant goes male under 12/12, I might breed something out, but I'm growing these plants mostly to see how I've done with breeding so far. :thumb:

Thanks :) I put this GDP S1 into bloom before the rest (it was getting tall):

The seed is one from the same plant I treated (CS), which I've read messes with the chromosome. That could be why I get so many erratic plants from these seeds and never one that looks exactly like the mother plant.

You could be right. It might be that there is some recessive traits that aren’t necessarily recessive in the GDP. I’ve dropped 3 seeds from a Ken’s male and female that were just plain “strange”. Almost “micro” plants. Eight nodes and 5” tall with a 1” OD main stalk. I didn’t do anything other than grab the first male I had to mix with a female. I wasn’t breeding but grabbing a few hundred indica seeds. Looking forward to dropping 3 or 4 GDPxDrGrinspoon just to qualitatively compare the offspring expressions. Who knows... maybe I just used a shitty male?

Back
Top Bottom