Grand Daddy Purple - SCROG Secret Jardin DR60

Highashell

GDP- GRAND DADDY PURPLE CLONE WITH ROOTS, PROBABLY 2 WEEKS OLD FROM BEING CUT FROM A MOM, ACQUIRED ON 11/25/2013 FROM DISPENSARY
VEGGED FOR 2 MONTHS-STARTED UNDER A T5 18 INCH SUNBLASTER, THEN UNDER 2 T5, THEN UNDER 200 WATT METAL HALIDE, THEN HPS FOR FLOWER TIME
FOXFARM OCEAN FOREST SOIL

1 GALLON ROOTMAKER POT FIRST 7 WEEKS VEGETATION
3 GALLON ROOTMAKER FLOWER

400 WATT BULB RUNNING AT 200 WATTS ON 18/6 USING DIGITAL TIMER
NO NAME BRAND 400 WATT ELECTRONIC BALLAST
SUNLIGHT SUPPLY-MAXIMIZER REFLECTOR -NON AIRCOOLED

4 INCH CanFan-RS4HO w/ Speedster on Low setting just 1/4 of the way between low and medium
PHRESH 4 inch Exhaust Filter 200CFM, 4x12 for exhausted air coming out roof of tent,
Phresh 4 inch Intake Filter 140 CFM 4 x 6 inch, for keeping dust/pollen/bugs out
AIRKING-6 inch clip on fan, low/high, 90/190, on low setting near intake for blowing on leaves, circulating air inside tent, its almost an inline fan the way it is positioned by the intake duct
LOW TEMP 68 HIGH TEMP 86 AVG 76
LOW HUMIDITY 27 HIGH HUMIDITY 69 AVG 35

BELOW 7, ABOVE 6 NOT EXTREMELY OR OFTEN ACCURATELY CHECKED, JUST CHECKED WITH A CHEAP 2 PRONG SOIL PROBE (LIGHT, WATER, PH)
Any Pests ? YES, HAD WHITE FLIES, BUT NOT ANYMORE, AND NOW I HAVE GNATS SINCE I CHECKED LAST, BUT I SPRAYED THE SOIL WITH SOME NEEM AND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POTS THE HOLES I SPRAYED THERE TOO SHOULD HANDLE THEM, SQUISHED A FEW BY HAND TOO
How often are you watering? EVERY FEW DAYS-LET THE SOIL DRY OUT FOR A FEW DAYS THEN WATER THOROUGH. CHECK BACK AND AFTER SOIL TOP DRYS OUT, CHECK WITH PROBE UNTIL ITS MID DRY, THEN MOISTEN JUST THE TOP WHILE I WAIT A FEW DAYS TIL THE BOTTOM OF SOIL IS DRY AGAIN AND THEN DO A SLIGHTLY MORE THOROUGH WATER. I TEND TO WATER AS NEEDED, NOT ON A STRICT SCHEDULE BASICALLY. WHEN I GO TO FLOWER I FOLLOW THE CHART FOR 8 WEEKS FROM HERE:

FUTURE HARVEST, aka Plantlife HOLLAND SECRET SAMPLE KIT/: SUPER B+, PROP-O-GATOR, Royal Gold-
GROW, MICRO, BLOOM (3 part system)
I bought separately for soil use: Royal Black

I picked up some free samples of some beneficial bacteria in powder form GREAT WHITE, and granular MIKE-O-RIZEY,

Mixed up for spray bottle following the directions using 70% NEEM OIL-for the white flies and fungus gnats. As soon as I transplanted from 1 Gal to 3 Gal, fungus gnats showed up within a few days. The white flies came with the clones and persisted for awhile, must have had eggs under the leaves. After a few sprays very thoroughly under the leaves and all over the plant, checking back a few days and repeating, until I didn't see them anymore and the white flies breeding cycle was disrupted. Hoping for the same with the gnats now.

20140122_131018.jpg
20140122_131009.jpg
20140122_130955.jpg
20140122_130947.jpg
20140122_130937.jpg
20140122_130929.jpg
20140122_131142.jpg
20140122_131154.jpg
20140122_131210.jpg
20140122_131254.jpg
20140122_131323.jpg
20140122_131333.jpg
20140122_131354.jpg
20140122_131359.jpg
20140122_131410.jpg
20140122_131429.jpg

Re: Grand Daddy Purple- SCROG Secret Jardin DR60

I'm going to ramble on about myself, my past grow and this current grow. This is my 2nd time growing, first time doing a grow journal. My first grow was in a 4x4x6.5 Secret Jardin last year around this same time. I grew a 4 foot tall plant, and did a little netting and topping, and with 2 months of vegetative growth and 2 months of flower I got 8 ounces. I felt it would have done better with 600 watts and was looking to upgrade to an aircooled 6 inch hood and 600 watt ballast. Was going to get seeds or clones and do something I personal liked. I got rid of the size 4x4 tent but I had to downsize instead to a smaller space of just 2x2, that's a more than 4 time smaller space now and less height by 1 to 2 feet DR120 vs DR60. It will be my first time in a 2x2 Tent. Started with one GDP clone 11-25-13, 1 clone under a nano-dome with a 18 inch T5 sunblaster. 12-13-13, almost 18 days later, someone gave me 2 bigger clones that looked like a month old maybe grown from seed, or taken from clones, but pretty sure they were clones. They are probably a few weeks older than my GDP clone. I would prefer to just grow 1 big plant next time just like my first grow, especially since I don't have much space, but how do you say no to free clones?. It's my first time with GDP as well as these 2 special clones I don't know what they are but the 2 clones came with bug eggs under the leaves and soon I had white flies. It has been a slow start because I didn't have some of the equipment or the space set up when I got the clones.

So I really didn't have enough space or light available to fit plants that are like a foot tall under the nano-dome 18 inch T5 sunblaster. So the plants had to be put into 1 Gallon Rootmaker pots. I had the GDP clone under T5 nanodome put it in a 1 gallon pot as well and under a sunblaster T5 light stand. I had another 18 inch T5 sunblaster so I got a T5 light strip holder because it can hold up to 7 sunblaster strip lights, and I put 2 of them in the middle 2 slots so they would be side by side and suspended a couple inches above the plants. Like 34 watts of light and was looking to do a T5 setup but you need like 8 lights each 2 feet so you have like 200 watts of T5 light to get enough light, which is like 200 bucks or more and then you would have to swap bulbs at flower, so I opted to stay with the metal halide/High Pressure Sodium which puts out more power and can go up to 400 watts on this ballast. For ventilation of the T5's, The side of the tent velcro screen window's on both sides were opened while a 6 inch Air King fan blowed through the sides and over the lights and out the other side. I did that for a few weeks until I got a reflector and exhaust can fan setup inside the tent. Then it was another few weeks before I got the carbon filters. Now that its setup pretty much the way I want it, it should go smoother, especially for next grow I want just 1 plant in the tent, but until then I will be doing 3.

I put the bamboo in there to keep a more rectangular, rigid, straight tent . The internal pressure is negative like its being sucked out real fast and it wants to implode in on itself. All the tent sides become curved, It's a strong enough tent, but you lose more than just a few inches all around from the air being sucked out. It makes more room in the tent and allows for more even reflecting of the light from straight side walls then fun house mirror walls. . It was really bad in a 4x4 tent when I didn't put any poles up, not as bad in a 2x2 but still necessary. I duct taped the ends of the bamboo poles so they wouldn't be sharp, and I cut and measured each one from 4 foot and 5 foot bamboo poles but you could probably use 2 foot ones but they are not always very straight and are curved. I considered using wood or pvc.

Well, at the moment I am doing my research on fungus gnats and root aphids. I put some yellow sticky traps in there and have caught like 50 little guys on them already, sprayed some 70% neem by monterrey because I saw a white fly too. I am thinking of getting mosquito bits to get at the "root" of the problem, where they lay the eggs and hatch the fungus gnat larva in the soil. The rootmakers pot has airflow holes around the pot where the roots get air pruned and unfortunately it gives a direct access to soil for the gnats coming in and out of these holes as well as the bottom drainage holes. I was recommended botanigard but it's out of my price range. Hate bugs. Last year the green leaf rollers infested my plants before I even knew what hit me I gave them away to someone experienced so I hope it doesn't happen again this time too. I thought they were caterpillars until today after researching so many pesticides.

Subbed

i hate those little gnat things they love the dirt
never had em till i put in soil plants lol
Looks like you got a handle on it tho
i love my secret jardin tent
it sucks all the gdp's i tried so far were males
one seed left and not in stock atm
Happy Thurweed day Higha :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom