Grandberry Soda: Pheno Hunt Part 2

If you wanna do like a perpetual sog with strip and flip cloning maybe look into 4" pot. Would be able to fit a good amount with a quick harvest. I like the 6" though, gives me option. I can veg a few weeks or do the strip and flip. I really love sog, def think that's the way to go. Lots of smaller plants and a quick turn around.

Man I took a bunch of monster crop clones and I'm trying to figure out where to put them. Cloner is kinda going already, either gonna make another dewey cloner or get a done and pop them into coco plugs. Gotta think what will do better for my space

Wow @Rich Farmer, sorry it took me a while to get here. I’m here now. I’ll head back to the beginning and do a full read through. Things are looking great!
Welcome in @Canadadoes. Love futurama, great show. These ones got a pretty quick veg, 8 total in flower. Last was about 12oz so hope to get close or beat it.
I’d think 6” pots for slightly bigger plants.
Should do very nicely for a sog I can get about 18 total 6" containers in my 2x4 so lots of plants

Thanks Cana, hoping to get close to 12oz again but it's ok if I get less. The last round had less plants and more veg but not by much. This strain has been great, a real knock out but I'll be excited to grow something new. I tend to go strain blind (not sure if that's a word) when I smoke or use the same strain back to back.

Oh yeah, plants with training and extended veg time can really pack it on. 5 or 6 should give you a ton of buds. These have minimal training with the intent of having the quickest harvest possible, more plants less veg.

I'm hoping to do an IHG strip and flip next. Got 4 plants, 2 different strains to see if any are worth keeping in the rotation. Got a lot of gear I want to run so gotta get through flower quick lol.

Agreed, that one was vegged for 5 1/2 weeks. I’m thinking I’ll shoot for 6-8 weeks veg, this run. For timing of reversing a couple clones and such, trying to decide if I want to collect the pollen off the clones I’ll take or let them open pollinate the second room with the use of fans. Got lots of thinking to do in that one. Any thoughts?

I here you, nowhere near enough time.
And wayyy to many great strains....
Agreed, that one was vegged for 5 1/2 weeks. I’m thinking I’ll shoot for 6-8 weeks veg, this run. For timing of reversing a couple clones and such, trying to decide if I want to collect the pollen off the clones I’ll take or let them open pollinate the second room with the use of fans. Got lots of thinking to do in that one. Any thoughts?
Its takes a while for a plant to reverse and then to start releasing pollen. I will flower the reversed plant then the one to be pollinated a 1-2 weeks later. I'd probably collect the pollen and apply, less mess to clean up after but open pollen is cool too. I had some plants that the pollen didnt seem to release unless I let the sacks sit and dry then they would drop a lot so I had to collect with my tray.

I like the plant to be pollinated to be 2-3 weeks into flower before its hit with pollen and it can take up to about 30 days to release pollen. For space reasons I prefer now to run the reversed plant collect the pollen then run a tent full of plants to be pollinated but that's a dedicated pollen tent. wouldn't want pollen in my head stash tent.

I was thinking something similar. I’m going to reverse the donors by themselves in the second room a few weeks before flipping my main room, collect the pollen, then move the candidates for pollination when they’re ready into the “breeding” room and Leaving my main room pollen free.

Sorry mods if this isnt ok to post but it's good info, please delete if there is an issue.
20200512_133021.jpg

Also the pack was just picked up.

Hey, welcome in friend. Perfect timing, they should start bulking up soon. :passitleft:
those ae some of the best roots I've seen on clones

Thanks so much pw! I cant wait to harvest these. I'm hoping the males root but they aren't look so great, well see. If not I'll make fems and do a male hunt later. I plan on doing a in house sog next and I'd like to run some pineapple Express. Hope my other GBS from the first round root, they look better anyways.

Back
Top Bottom