Grandberry Soda: Pheno Hunt Part 2

BedroomFarmer

This is my second round looking for a keeper of the GBS. The first round left me with 5 killer females 4 of which are up for the spot of keeper #1. There can only be 1 and the one I keep this grow will go head to head with the keeper from last. Only 1 will come out alive.

Also looking for a male but once those show sex they will go for the reveg treatment.

A quick pick of Grandberry Soda finishing up. These ones are running on Megacrop... here is where the nutrient comparison comes in
20200321_085939.jpg

These have another few weeks but I'll be comparing this grow with megacrop to floraflex. I loved megacrop but its left me asking for more. Mainly in my reservoir, lots of stuff settles so hopefully this fixes that. Wont be super scientific as the best way to be running clones but this is a pheno hunt.

Let the hunt begin
11 Grandberry Soda, runts will be culled and males will go back to veg for selection later down the road. Coco DTW in Floraflex 6" pots that equals about .5+gallons. Vegging under 2 HLG 65. Probably go 2-3 weeks and flip once the others are free from the tent.
20200325_110705.jpg
20200325_110715.jpg
20200325_113305.jpg

Its grew some great plants, love it a lot just need something that stays a little cleaner in the rez. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to mega crop. I still got a bunch of it and will keep using it for my hand water plants. I've been looking at making a magnetic stirrer like you find in a lab.

Very exciting for the male pheno hunt, if I dont see anything I love I'll pop some more just to look for a male. Should be fun.

This is my second round looking for a keeper of the GBS. The first round left me with 5 killer females 4 of which are up for the spot of keeper #1. There can only be 1 and the one I keep this grow will go head to head with the keeper from last. Only 1 will come out alive.

Also looking for a male but once those show sex they will go for the reveg treatment.

A quick pick of Grandberry Soda finishing up. These ones are running on Megacrop... here is where the nutrient comparison comes in
20200321_085939.jpg

These have another few weeks but I'll be comparing this grow with megacrop to floraflex. I loved megacrop but its left me asking for more. Mainly in my reservoir, lots of stuff settles so hopefully this fixes that. Wont be super scientific as the best way to be running clones but this is a pheno hunt.

Let the hunt begin
11 Grandberry Soda, runts will be culled and males will go back to veg for selection later down the road. Coco DTW in Floraflex 6" pots that equals about .5+gallons. Vegging under 2 HLG 65. Probably go 2-3 weeks and flip once the others are free from the tent.
20200325_110705.jpg
20200325_110715.jpg
20200325_113305.jpg

Hey RF...I came across this thread and throughout reading I know you have experience with Megacrop by GN. I have a question based off of my own experience using it. Do you find yourself having to flush with straight h2o? If you do flush at all?
I'd like to know what your experience has been with it, maybe like a quick summary? Thanks

Hey, welcome in sb. There was a great thread here on it that was very helpful but cant find it.

I never put straight water in coco and dont really do any flush. I run DTW and get a little bit of runoff every water. They get 4 waterings in flower a day and I've been using mega crop at full dose. in my rez I use Z7 or SLF100 to keep the reservoir clean and I've used calmag here and there as needed. It's really easy to use 1 part nutrient that is cheap and gives great results. Coming from AN and if there is a difference between the two I'd say megacrop has the upper hand. Buds are about the same but easier to use mega crop. The ph is pretty stable, I seem to add ph down every 1-2 days. The only issue I have is in the reservoir, gets a little gunky. Not bad and slf100 has been a big help, just get some settling.

I'm on my first run with MC in a drain to waste coco My journal title was change by Teddy due to them not bein a sponser
my girls are lookin pretty good at 2 weeks I'm currently feedin at an EC of 1.1 I'm tryin to set up a link in my signature but I can't find the right page in my profile kinda weird

Hey, welcome in sb. There was a great thread here on it that was very helpful but cant find it.

I never put straight water in coco and dont really do any flush. I run DTW and get a little bit of runoff every water. They get 4 waterings in flower a day and I've been using mega crop at full dose. in my rez I use Z7 or SLF100 to keep the reservoir clean and I've used calmag here and there as needed. It's really easy to use 1 part nutrient that is cheap and gives great results. Coming from AN and if there is a difference between the two I'd say megacrop has the upper hand. Buds are about the same but easier to use mega crop. The ph is pretty stable, I seem to add ph down every 1-2 days. The only issue I have is in the reservoir, gets a little gunky. Not bad and slf100 has been a big help, just get some settling.

Thanks for your response it is most helpful. I'm using just an organic medium ...with some top dressing with amendments. So my set up isn't as large, however, with growing organically..in your opinion would you flush at all? I've only been using Megacrop and Sweet Candy.

Your using organic amendments and megacrop with sweet candy? Megcrop isnt organic but if I was growing organically I wouldn't want to flush and if I was growing megacrop in soil then I'd only flush if I needed to for a lockout or something but I never had that issue when growing mega megacrop and soil. I watered to runoff and gave megacrop every time I watered.

Back
Top Bottom