Granddaddy Purp!

Blown

So I got my GDP from a seed in my bud, decided to plant it and bam.. This is the result. Purely grown on Flourescents because I cant afford HPS.. Miracle Grow Soil self feeding 6 month period. Using Better Gro nutes : big bloom and regular nutes. Somethings up with the bottom leaves I think its cause of lack of light at the bottom. also got a gnat problem but most are gone killed my LA confidential cause the eggs hatched in the soil, put this organic insecticide in the GDP, the leaves turned like that before i sprayed it. Any idea? :scratchinghead:
DSCN1665.JPG

DSCN1662.JPG

DSCN16612.JPG

DSCN1660.JPG

DSCN16571.JPG

DSCN16522.JPG

DSCN16511.JPG

This is the fucked up leaves
DSCN1664.JPG

Keep an eye out for balls... You just might have a male on your hands... You may have a thrip/mite problem. Check the plant really good for bugs and balls..

mites/thrips seconded.

Miracle Grow Soil self feeding 6 month period.

organic insecticide
FWIW-
some say miraclegrow is more toxic to plants and people than most non-organic insecticides are.

^^^
not saying is doesn't work well. I just find it curious how many growers use organic pesticides and/or supplements in soil thats not really organic.

Any idea how to get rid of mites with out harming the plant?
also Gnats, right now i just have fly traps all around

Here's a closer look on the Nodes, anyone think its male? Also, this is a stupid question buti ts my first time growing, the purple veins on the top stems means its healthy cause its GDP? or is it a deficiency?
DSCN16731.JPG

Any idea how to get rid of mites with out harming the plant?
also Gnats, right now i just have fly traps all around

lady bugs

and your plant has not reached maturity yet.

I believe his reasoning would be the long internodes and non-existent bushiness of the plant. (tall and not very bushy is a phenotype of the male...just think about it. so it can release its pollen higher in the air to travel farther!!)

Purple veins are common, just a characteristic of MJ

I thought it was tall because Its been purely on fluorescent lighting and ive had it farther away than 5 inches from the top it was bushy when it was younger, till i raised the light, im guessing since fluorescents dont give off much light it was trying to reach for the light. Also right now the internodes are less than 1 inch apart just the bottom portion is stretched out, this was taken few minutes ago

DSCN1675.JPG

I think your right Blown.

Updated pics and my new strain called DarkSide

DSCN1721.JPG

DSCN17221.JPG

untitled87.JPG

By the way, any idea on the drooping on the leaves? Overwatering? Underwatering? Clueless haha

my theory on the drooping would be not enough light to the bottom half of the plant

Thanks. Would CFL lights work? like if i fixed em up around the top light but widened out or should it be closer to the bottom?

CFL will work yes, I would add another 50-100w of CFL. You will want to dangle or mount them to be about halfway down on the plant as it is now.

What is your current primary light? a CFL? if so then yes that is your problem. (i guess CFL becuase it is too close to the plant for a MH)

Also BLown, I would top that plant, wait a week, and throw it in flower if all you have is CFL. It looks light hungry and keeping the plant shorter and wider will allow more light from the CFLs to penetrate through all of the canopy keeping the leaves alive.

Back
Top Bottom