Grandoggy Purple & More - DWC - Soil - LED - HPS

ergo

Hi there,

This is my second grow.

I currently have in the flowering room:

2x Grandoggy Purple (Connoisseur Genetics)
1x Northern Lights Blue (Can't remember, free seed)

All three in DWC.

1x P300
1x 400w HPS

In the veg room:

1x Caramello in soil (Delicious seeds)
1x Jack Herer in soil (Greenhouse)
1x Jack Herer in DWC (Greenhouse)
1x LA Woman in DWC (DNA Genetics)

Cool tubes and CFLs

It's a bit of a mess currently, but I've only grown three really small plants so this is my second grow and I'm trying to dial in a good perpetual grow and still have a lot to learn.

I'm going to have to add more information later when I get time, but I will try to update as often as possible.

So, currently GDP #1, as I will from now on refer to her, is in her fourth week of flower. (Counted from flip).
I had some nitrogen toxicity at the beginning of flowering but I was able to quickly flush the plant due to the nature, or rather lack of nature ;) of hydro. You can still see evidence of that on some older leaves.

I recently started reading a bit more in depth about defoliation and it's advantages during flowering. More precisely the "Hi-Yield" technique. I never saw any problem with defoliating during veg and have done so with good results last time. I also defoliated a bit during flowering on my last grow but not anything substantial.

I decided to quite heavily defoliate the GDP #1 a few days ago and am seeing a definite improvement in lower bud production. Did some defoliating on GDP #2 as (#2 is 3 weeks into flower), but will have to continue tomorrow or so.

The NLB (Northern Lights Blue) is 4 days into flower.

Also some basic info (environment applies to flower room):

Canna Aqua nutes
PH at 5.8
RH at 40%
daytemp at 21 celcius
nighttemp at 15-16 celcius

Alright, so maybe I should have specified that I will concentrate on the GDPs in this journal. But I'll also occasionally post infos and pics of the others. And if you're interested in anything please ask.

So, day 30 for GDP #1:

I defoliated very lightly today (The plant was really extremely bushy before the first defoliation). Looks like it's right on track, but I'm still a bit unsure wether her stage of development is appropriate at 30 days. I saw a journal on ----- for GDP and the buds looked quite a bit bigger than mine..

After the nitrogen toxicity, which was during the first week after the flip to 12/12, I put only PH'd water in her reservoir for about 7 days.
After that the toxicity didn't spread, but the curled leaves wouldn't recover. I then added 10ml of each CANNA Aqua Flores A/B to 15 Litres (4 gallons) of water and also half the dosage of Cannazym. The plants seem fine with that but I'm not sure if I'm underfeeding them? Any help would be appreciated. Please note that all curled leaves are still from that time and not new growth.

I changed the rez today and gave her the same dosage as last time (6 days ago) but also added 1/4th of PK 13/14. Too early?

I had an accident during veg where I dropped a huge steel chain on the plant and 2 of it's main stems were just barely holding on with about 25% - 40% of the surface area that was attached to the stalk. I quickly taped both back on, but one of them didn't recover and about 1/5th or more of the whole plant was gone. The other stem, as you can see here, recovered and grew back on..

I also had some nutrient burn during flowering with this one. Also during the first week, maybe two. The plant was really pale leaves started to turn completely yellow and brown until they died. She also didn't really grow during stretch and all of hear leaves were really narrow as they still are. I also flushed her for a week or so and gave small dosages of nutrients after that. She recovered and is now budding, but I'm unsure if that's really how a healthy plant should look.

Also, GDP #2 drinks almost no water. Definitely a huge difference to GDP #1. Any ideas why that could be?

I really like her structure. There are 6 main stems and then there's this little forest of so many little shoots in the middle.
Any ideas why the leaves are so thin? Could it just be a sativa dominant phenotype or is there something else causing this?

Thanks for looking, I hope there even is anyone looking..

I would really appreciate some feedback and maybe someone could help me with my concerns and questions I posted and will undoubtedly have in the future.. But it looks like no one is really interested in this grow anyway...

I noticed one small tip burn on #1 but other than that it looks good. I hope the buds fatten up more, otherwise I can't imagine the yield to be very big on this one.

#2 still doesn't drink much water and just feels weak even though the leaves all look healthy.

On a side note for the veg room:

I further tied down Jack Herer #1 (DWC) and I also took 2 clones from her yesterday which I coated in Rhizopon powder and then put in Root Riot cubes. Also have three other clones from Jack Herer #2 (soil), which I took about 3 weeks ago and which are just beginning to root now :/...

Caramello has developed it's 3rd set of true leaves (or 4th, I didn't really pay attention :D). LA Woman is a bit slow, beginning to develop it's 2nd set of true leaves. Both were germinated on the same day. La Woman is in DWC and Caramello in soil.

If you're interested in the plants in vegetative state too, please let me know and I'll post pictures and more info on them as well in the future.

Also the following seeds arrived today and I will now begin to better coordinate this perpetual grow.

5x Purple Trainwreck (Humboldt)
5x Blue Dream (Humboldt)
5x Kosher Kush (DNA Genetics (Reserva Privada))
1x White Widow (Pyramid Seeds)
1x Wembley (Pyramid Seeds)

Today all the leaves on Northern Lights Blue are drooping.. Any idea what causes this in DWC?

Also, will soon germinate Blue Dream.. Or Kosher Kush? Oh god I want them all.

Oh and I was really excited today when I took a look at my clones. I put one of the clones into soil about 3 days ago after it started to shoot out tiny roots in rockwool but never developed further.

Then yesterday the humidity got really low because I used a dome which let out too much air and moisture, so the clone looked as dead as dead gets. But I read that people sometimes just take off their humidity dome after 7 days or so too see if the clones can support themselves with their roots and if they wilt after a while they just put the dome back on... So I didn't throw it out, put it back under the sealed dome and today it's standing upright again and the roots are already visible on the side of the clear plastic cup I placed it in! That root must have grown about 2cm in a day whereas it grew maybe 5 milimeters in like 3 weeks!

Very excited for my first successful clone... So far!

GDP #1 Day 31
GDP #2 Day 21
NLB Day 7

GDP #1 is looking great and fattening up!

I had some light burn I believe on GDP #2 directly under the HPS bulb today. It's weird though, because I have the lights about 30cm from the tops currently and had them way lower during my last grow without problems, which was at like 28 degrees celsius too!

The NLB is perking up again after extremely droopy leaves yesterday! Not sure what caused that.. Looks great now and already grew by about half it's size since in flower. No signs of flowering yet.

Vegetation room:

The clone I put into soil is continuing to grow its roots and today I put the last two clones which were in rockwool also in soil. They both had about 1 cm long roots...

I also took another clone from the Jack Herer (6 clones currently, 3 rooted) which I will place in the flowering room at a very early age, sort of as an experiment.

Also realised that the LA Woman and Caramello are waaay to small for their age.. Must be the crappy lighting that's on them..

I want to buy a few more Platinum Led lights, but they can't ship until next month... And I need them now!

I will post lots of pictures tomorrow, sorry for the boring texts.

I have a question regarding the LEDs... I'm planning to buy 3x P300 from platinumled for my flowering room. I will only use these, without the hps.. My question is, what is the max space I can use under these? For excellent flowers of course.

FLOWERING:

GDP #1 Day 34
GDP #2 Day 24
NLB Day 10

Here's #1:

JTUGurw.jpg

deQhxXe.jpg

V5cZWSy.jpg

GHNlDAR.jpg

SciumCA.jpg

#2:

This one doesn't look so good actually... In the second picture you can see what I think is light/heat burn as I mentioned earlier. Do you think I'm overfeeding? Only using about 1/2 strength.

Mpug1Zx.jpg

JRMM7d0.jpg

JP1yZ4V.jpg

Northern Lights Blue:

P6DNT2k.jpg

VEGETATING:

I have way too little light in here and they're suffering from it. Just ordered another P300 though.

Jack Herer #1:

pGmsQpp.jpg

Jack Herer #2:

rlvdpXm.jpg

Delicious:

jgrEeeT.jpg

LA Woman:

ZGYSa2e.jpg

Clones (all Jack Herer #1/#2):

wTqqfne.jpg

FxZvpat.jpg

uPKKVug.jpg

The clone in the last picture is shooting out roots like crazy. The other two in the soil are starting to root more now too. Their root growth was at pretty much a a complete standstill in the rockwool cubes. The other three are in Root Riot cubes and haven't rooted yet.

Thanks for looking.

I dropped a lamp on Jack Herer #1 today and the stem split in the middle. Oh well, seen worse :D

mrSgYpN.jpg

I changed the reservoir of GDP #1 today and the old water (6 days) had a couple fungus gnat larvae in there! But they were all dead I believe, or do they not move?

Should I be concerned?

I must say, I'm quite disappointed. I won't be continuing this journal, due to no one taking any interest in it and no one seems to care to give any input or answer any questions.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom