Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

You can smell and taste the nasties in your heads and tails. If you recycle your mash, the amount of hearts goes up, as heads and tails will decrease.

I made my own stills long ago. The boiler for the first was a new propane cylinder. Picture that on the propane stove I used for a heater ;) The second was a hot water heater that I modified to use the control of a stove. The condenser, well take a look:

full

This is my BioFuel reactor, essentially the same as a still, but used to turn cooking oil into BioDiesel. The condenser is for methanol recovery.
Nice

Holy shit, thats an 80% return with only 20% waste. I assume you can get an almost unlimited supply of used oil from restaurants etc.

No, I was doing great until a former premier locked up the supply for his construction business.

The waste is glycerine. There is some methanol and lye (sodium hydroxide) left with it. The worst part of the process is washing and drying the BioDiesel. Water is used to get rid of the soap. To dry it, the BioDiesel is heated and sprayed through an airstream.

No, I was doing great until a former premier locked up the supply for his construction business.
Still though. The apocalypse comes.. whos gonna be looting cooking oil? The guys whos got the bio fuel converter (or the guy im following home) jk. Or am i....

I've done a fair bit of research on QWET and the one constant is COLD. Like, dry ice cold. Subzero temperatures bind the water soluble chlorophyll proteins and hold the chlorophyll in place so they don't dissolve in the alcohol. After wetting the flower in alcohol the mixture is gently swirled and placed back in the freezer. Then gently swirled a couple of times before pouring off the alcohol. The caveat is that at temps of -40C or lower the dissolution of THC into the alcohol is slower so the mixture needs to sit longer. More along the lines of 10-20 minutes for a good extraction. I'll give it a shot and document the results.
For those interested:
Cannabis Oil QWET Extraction Battle of the Wash: Dry Ice vs. Freezer
Thanks Rider. Ichiban's post was great to read. Whoda thunk keeping it cold gives such an advantage

ISO is okay, it’s what I started with. You get a better taste and higher alcohol % with the grain. If you use ISO just get the highest you can. You’re probably looking at 70% as the highest you can find there. The higher the alcohol content the better extract.
Oh sorry I thought we were talking about cleaning the rigs re: everclear . I’ll just go back to reading lol my bad ✊

Well hell, this thread took an interesting turn. From oil to alcohol to distilling and back to oil. If there ever is an apocalyptic collapse of civilization we have the brain trust right here to ensure that we survive. But since the internet will likely be down perhaps we should all agree to converge on Gpa’s place if it all goes to hell. LOL

I will too......if I can find a paper map...... Dang GPS won't work...

99% and 99 Proof are two different animals. 99% is 198 Proof. 99 Proof is 49.5%. Interesting read on the "proof" concept. It goes way back and has to do with whether gunpowder when wetted with alcohol will still burn. I'll leave you to do the research. So much better than being spoon fed.

I enjoy the challenge of a good spoon-fed story. It takes finesse to pull it of in style. Nice teaser though. :hug: You'll have me looking it up.

Ok @Rider509 - and may I say, your avatar is one of my personal favorites :thumb: - that was a fun bunch of reading. Thank you for the teaser. :hug: I'm a little smarter now.

Back
Top Bottom