Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

I use a water distiller to reclaim almost all my 151, works like a charm not sure if anybody mentioned it. Cheaper than source turbo.

The problem I had with water distillers, a basic pot still, is their low efficiency. It takes at least three passes through he distiller to achieve 85% or greater alcohol content in the distilate. A reflux column still will do this in a single pass. Take a look at Brewhaus America for pre-built columns starting at $259. You can adapt a pressure cooker for use as your kettle. You can also build your own. The instructions are at moonshine-still.com. I've mentioned using the pressure cooker as a kettle, but there are lots of other 'pressure vessels' that can be used. A hot water heater was used in my second still. My first? What would you think of seeing a propane tank being heated on a camp stove? Yes, that new propane tank was my first, and cheapest kettle ;)

PS: a good recipe for a mash to make your own ethanol is 1lb of sugar and 1 lb of cracked corn to 1 US gal of water.

You guys are way too advanced for this old dude. I should start looking this stuff up and learning something I suppose. I still do everything the hard way...:ganjamon:

I managed to get this the other day though:

Squeezins? That where I'm headed once I can afford it. I'm tapped out for at least the next year.

Nope, this was an Everclear extract. I told ya...”hard way” or bust! :slide:

Hey can anyone please help I'm trying to make cannabis concentrate for a vape use, to basically cut out the nicotine due to nicotine impacting my health as I have a blood cancer, I'm confused to say the least I'm really starting from the bottom hear iv never ever tried to make any concentrate iv studied motocos thread alought il be wanting a thc potent oil rather than CBD, I understand to freeze my buds my iso for 12 hours to then add together and swirl, to then strain through the coffee filters I was thinking 3 times, here's where I'm confused because next I was going to be adding my oil to the rice cooker to evaporate and then add my oil to a vegetable oil bath to decarboxylation? What's the difference in just pre baking my buds to decarb to the oil in the induction pan to decarb and do both these methods make the same or is one a oil and oil a shatter I'm lost here and what's the best way because I'm going to be vaping but I want a enjoyable taste with a reasonable hit I know there's alot of questions here and most will sound daft to most people but I'm new and before I go ahead and try and make my own I need to know what's going to be the best way

...I'm trying to make cannabis concentrate for a vape use...

Ejuice is propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine and sometimes alcohol (max 10%), with flavoring and optionally nicotine or cannabis extract added. Don't add oil to your extract. It will clog your atomizer very quickly.

I can't find a member named 'motoco' so I'm going to assume he puts the extract into a smaller dish and places that in the oil bath. This not only decarboxylates the extract, but also evaporates any remaining isopropanol. Don't skip this step as isopropanol is toxic. Disolve the extract in propylene glycol, then add as much or as little vegetable glycerine as you desire.

@ Grandpa Tokin

Hey man, you should give the frozen method a shot, every thing you do is the same except your using alcohol that is freezing cold.

I do this part of the process in my shop where I have a freezer to store the alcohol and cannabis. I add the alcohol to the jars of cannabis, I do it in a large Igloo cooler with slabs of dry ice on the bottom. I pour the alcohol into the jars with the cannabis that is sitting on the dry ice, give it a minute to rest the lightly shake then strain. Once strained in the dry ice cooler you can remove the jar and set aside till your ready to make your oil. I live in a very humid area and wish I had lower humidity, have a friend in CO lives high on a mountain with a humidity damn near 0. He takes his oil/alcohol and pours it into a large flat glass pan, covers it with a breathable very tight membrane and puts it in a box in his barn and walks away, no heat needed. Comes back in a few weeks and harvest the oil.
After the extraction every thing goes back into the freezer then I repeat this step up to three times, two is really all that is needed, just keep it all frozen.

Do you de-carb you cannabis prior too making the oil or de-carb your oil?

I will be making a batch of oil in the next few weeks and will take pictures to share.

GR

Just 5 runs is 2 days watching the still. I been wanting a column still. Many say you can go from 10 proof mash to 190 in one run. Honey look what followed me home today. Lol

I couldn't resist saying I do have a column still. In Ontario, if you don't sell any they will let you distil personal amounts of alcohol or at least no one has been charged for it in recent history since a judge ruled that. I do a stripping run that gets me to about 45% and when I get enough of them I will do a spirit run up to 190 Proof. Doing a stripping runs gives a bigger final run so makes making cuts easier I find.

I couldn't resist saying I do have a column still. In Ontario, if you don't sell any they will let you distil personal amounts of alcohol or at least no one has been charged for it in recent history since a judge ruled that. I do a stripping run that gets me to about 45% and when I get enough of them I will do a spirit run up to 190 Proof. Doing a stripping runs gives a bigger final run so makes making cuts easier I find.
Brewhaus? I don't have one as I'd get into trouble with the alcohol. I made my own stills way back when. My first boiler was a new 20lb propane tank. It looked dangerous on top of the camp stove. After that I used hot water heaters, with the thermostat set as high as possible. Hearts were usually about 60% for the first pass.

Brewhaus? I don't have one as I'd get into trouble with the alcohol. I made my own stills way back when. My first boiler was a new 20lb propane tank. It looked dangerous on top of the camp stove. After that I used hot water heaters, with the thermostat set as high as possible. Hearts were usually about 60% for the first pass.
Geeezus, could you imagine a water heater full of pressurized explosive gas going off. White lightin’!!!
:thedoubletake:

Geeezus, could you imagine a water heater full of pressurized explosive gas going off. White lightin’!!!
:thedoubletake:
It's open to the air at the condenser, so pressure was minimal. I did have a pressure relief valve, vented outside, just in case.

Grandpa @InTheShed sent me over here for recipes with everclear. My first harvest and I am excited about diy edibles, oils and concentrates for vaping. Thank you so much for this thread and sharing your wisdom :thumb:

I have a quick question in case your EC recipe on pg one has an error. Seriously it takes less than a minute soak to get all the good stuff out of the weed?

Grandpa @InTheShed sent me over here for recipes with everclear. My first harvest and I am excited about diy edibles, oils and concentrates for vaping. Thank you so much for this thread and sharing your wisdom :thumb:

I have a quick question in case your EC recipe on pg one has an error. Seriously it takes less than a minute soak to get all the good stuff out of the weed?

Yes. But that doesn’t mean you can’t run it twice. The best of the best only needs a quick wash. On the second run you’ll notice a lot darker (more green contaminants) color extract. However, if you’re going to make vape juice or edibles then I don’t think it matters. My simple tutorial was designed mainly for dabs so I was trying to extract the best. If that makes sense. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom