Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

I couldn’t find sunflower lechin I guess maybe I spelled it wrong. Getting ready have over 300 grams of sugar leaves to make oil . How many grams of leaves can I decarb in a 24lb turkey bag ?
5C19DF06-9883-4448-8BF5-5859BF199E96.jpeg

Decarb is usually done to the oil rather than the leaves or flowers. The decarb occurs after the alcohol is evaporated, and the temperature of the oil is allowed to rise to about 230°F / 110°C. This also removes any water from your oil, and so is a necessary part of making it.

When I decarb flower and leaves, I spread them on cookie trays lined with parchment, no more than 1/2" (13mm) thick. They go into the oven at 230°F / 110°C for 110 minutes. After the decarb I re-season my cast iron pots and pans in the oven to get rid of any lingering odor.

Decarb is usually done to the oil rather than the leaves or flowers. The decarb occurs after the alcohol is evaporated, and the temperature of the oil is allowed to rise to about 230°F / 110°C. This also removes any water from your oil, and so is a necessary part of making it.

When I decarb flower and leaves, I spread them on cookie trays lined with parchment, no more than 1/2" (13mm) thick. They go into the oven at 230°F / 110°C for 110 minutes. After the decarb I re-season my cast iron pots and pans in the oven to get rid of any lingering odor.
I do the decarb after making the oil as well @West Hippie

300g of trim will make some nice oil. :drool:
Thanks guys I’ve read a few different ways , just making sure I get everything on the shelf. Today is 4 weeks in the jar , squishing is in the air !
Went to the moon shiners and they all want $100 for a quart for there goods ! Twice that much in everclear for $33

Thanks guys I’ve read a few different ways , just making sure I get everything on the shelf. Today is 4 weeks in the jar , squishing is in the air !
Went to the moon shiners and they all want $100 for a quart for there goods ! Twice that much in everclear for $33

They sure have an inflated view of its worth. It would cost me about $5.00 per gallon for the ingredients to make 190 proof shine. Toss in $3.00 per gallon for the equipment and power, so my total cost would be $8.00 per gallon. It only takes two weeks for the fermentation, and a day to distill it. I used to ferment 45 gallons at a time, and get about 8-10 gallons of 100 proof. After running it through the still again I'd get 10 - 15 quarts of 190 proof, and a a gallon or two of 100 proof. With a reflux column you can do it in a single pass through the still, with better recovery.

They sure have an inflated view of its worth. It would cost me about $5.00 per gallon for the ingredients to make 190 proof shine. Toss in $3.00 per gallon for the equipment and power, so my total cost would be $8.00 per gallon. It only takes two weeks for the fermentation, and a day to distill it. I used to ferment 45 gallons at a time, and get about 8-10 gallons of 100 proof. After running it through the still again I'd get 10 - 15 quarts of 190 proof, and a a gallon or two of 100 proof. With a reflux column you can do it in a single pass through the still, with better recovery.
I’ve never done it . The one told me he would have to run it back through again and I’d have to come back . That’s when I stopped by Spec’s and saved $67 !

I’ve never done it . The one told me he would have to run it back through again and I’d have to come back . That’s when I stopped by Spec’s and saved $67 !
$20 a quart in the moonshine capital. It seems to be more of a novelty item now...
:confused:

Would it be better to do the 190 proof soaking with the sugar leaves or decarb the leaves in the oven ? These leaves are rock hard it’s hell to get out of the jar . I stuffed 9-10 grows of sugar leaves into three jars ! Nothing under 20% thc.
F6F47D8B-DF1F-4866-B2A9-4F3EF1E215B2.jpeg

Would it be better to do the 190 proof soaking with the sugar leaves or decarb the leaves in the oven ? These leaves are rock hard it’s hell to get out of the jar . I stuffed 9-10 grows of sugar leaves into three jars ! Nothing under 20% thc.
F6F47D8B-DF1F-4866-B2A9-4F3EF1E215B2.jpeg

Decarb is part of boiling off the alcohol and water. There's no need to do it first.

Decarb is part of boiling off the alcohol and water. There's no need to do it first.
Soaking it will be , thanks OldSalt. I’m going with the jar that has 103 grams in it with enough 190 proof to cover it !

How long should sugar leaves soak ?

I do a quick wash on the first run. Soak for about a minute or two. Not much really. I don’t shake it up on the first run. The second run I’ll shake it like a stripper.

Back
Top Bottom