Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

OK, I'm not laughing anymore. I think it's a great idea, and am very interested in learning of the results you'll get.

I'll have it documented. If anyone is interested, I'll share. Just don't want to spam anyone with stuff they don't care about.

I'll have it documented. If anyone is interested, I'll share. Just don't want to spam anyone with stuff they don't care about.

I think it's worth its own thread. This is the next step in extracting and refining cannabis.

It would not be spamming this way, and the knowledge would be shared. I'd follow, even though it's unlikely that I'll go to that extent to refine the cannabis.

I don’t mind it here at all, but @Old Salt is right, it deserves its own thread. I’m definitely interested although I’ll never go that far. I’ll follow along though, if you don’t mind.

Ok so I made about the same amount of oil as you on the third page. Between 2-3 grams out of crystal from the buster. I decarbed like you at 250 for about 15 minutes. Mmmm that smelled really good. I then mixed all of that into 1 cup of melted coconut oil just like you did too.
Question is: if I turn 1/2 cup of that into a square pan of brownies they are going to be pretty damn strong? The wife and I have a decently high tolerance but I also don’t want to get so floored we can’t function.
I guess maybe just start with small brownie portions.

Ok so I made about the same amount of oil as you on the third page. Between 2-3 grams out of crystal from the buster. I decarbed like you at 250 for about 15 minutes. Mmmm that smelled really good. I then mixed all of that into 1 cup of melted coconut oil just like you did too.
Question is: if I turn 1/2 cup of that into a square pan of brownies they are going to be pretty damn strong? The wife and I have a decently high tolerance but I also don’t want to get so floored we can’t function.

Good idea on the smaller portions the first time. I like to make the brownies, and then cut them into normal looking squares. Then the first time I try them (titrate), I take 1 of the squares, then cut that up into 4 smaller squares. I take one of those smaller squares to figure out strength. After 45 minutes, if I get nothing, I take the rest of the square. If I get a little bit of bam going on and depending on how much, I take either 1 or 2 more of the smaller squares, and then let it settle in.

I like doing the titration on a Sunday morning, because the first time I made brownies, I had a big square, ate it at 9am on a Saturday. An hour later, I was drooling on myself, and anyone who came near me, for the entire day. A.K.A, a totally wasted day. I never have anything going on, on Sunday, so I titrate in the morning early, then if too strong, just go back to bed. That only happened once though, and it was 10 years ago. Whatever level of being stoned comes after completely fucking baked, I was that. Don't want to do that again, so I still titrate, just in case. I even do it with dispensary gummies, even if I have bought the same dosage from the same place. I also cut the gummi into 4 small pieces and run through the above. I usually get 56mg 1:1 gummies.

Good luck with your brownies! Hope they taste groovy, and comfortably pulls your trigger at the same time!

@zeroday is exactly right. I have a high tolerance myself, but I’ve been known to take too much and sit in the corner—shivering and snickering at the same time.
No worries though, it won’t be too much to handle. I’d love to have a huge brownie right now for some reason...damn you! :love:
Just kidding. Have fun!

Yes thanks for the good advice. I dosed 1/4 brownie(12 normal size brownies in the pan) and it’s been 20 minutes and I feel something for sure. I’ll give it another 20 to see how much effect it will have.
image.jpg

Ended up eating 3/4 of one. Still feeling the buzz this morning. My wife ate 1 and 1/4 and then another one this morning.
I remember the first morning after taking two capsules at once , woke up to wash my face and my pupils were the size of needles but felt refreshed from a solid night of sleep! It’s sugar leaves and will still that a__. Need to get to the liquor store!

6FF8AAFB-0B96-4F5D-B037-6F40C7A61FDA.jpeg

Good question. I should’ve mentioned that. At times, I need to raise the Pyrex slightly to allow any air bubbles caught between the Pyrex and the pan to escape. However, keeping the temps that low (under 140F) will alleviate any real issues. In the beginning of my journey with Cannabis I heard of guys just putting the Pyrex directly on the griddle. Then, suddenly there was a rash of Pyrex dishes exploding all over the world. That, and a bunch of people blowing up houses by not handling alcohol or butane correctly. Basically, the double boiler idea came to me for safety reasons.

You can have both!

85D643BB-0017-49FC-8862-EA460C3FE346.jpeg
So I have been using Motoco method for cco. This looks very similar and trying to distinguish the difference in what I am making and the shatter you have produced. I am new to concentrates and exploring the different methods. the similarity's seem to be the evaporation method and collection. I use the oil bath and have to collect it in a syringe and dose it orally.

So I have been using Motoco method for cco. This looks very similar and trying to distinguish the difference in what I am making and the shatter you have produced. I am new to concentrates and exploring the different methods. the similarity's seem to be the evaporation method and collection. I use the oil bath and have to collect it in a syringe and dose it orally.

Like it says in the original Motoco thread, its all the same stuff man, been around for centuries. Just made slightly different ways!

Original Motoco thread

I agree. This thread started as just some old dude in a barn trying to extract whatever I could. I don’t know anything about any other methods because this has always worked for me. It’s easy for what I need and I had everything on hand. In the end we’re all trying to get as much out of this magical plant as we can. :headbanger:

18.74 grams of crude oil on the left, 19.02 grams of refined oil on the right. Thanks to @Grandpa Tokin for his crude recipe that got me to the jar on the left!

9B83AD4E-29E7-43A3-A2F2-55AA14C0FBF1.jpeg

18.74 grams of crude oil on the left, 19.02 grams of refined oil on the right. Thanks to @Grandpa Tokin for his crude recipe that got me to the jar on the left!

9B83AD4E-29E7-43A3-A2F2-55AA14C0FBF1.jpeg
I’m officially gobsmacked! Outstanding job my friend!

I’d hit it! :adore:

I’m officially gobsmacked! Outstanding job my friend!

I’d hit it! :adore:

Only could of done it by building upon what you and this community has taught me!
:nomo::reading420magazine: --> :slide::high-five::hug::snowboating:

Today is the day , smoked a turkey yesterday now we’re really cooking.
About 100 grams split in two jars of sugar leaves . A gallon of everclear, and a load of patients .
Didn’t let it stay in the jar for more than two minutes max . Then ran a quick second rinse. Last run mine was dark green in less than six minutes . The shatter was near black !

Back
Top Bottom