Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this, but a friend of mine in Texas whose name rhymes with @Preston9mm gifted me a small bottle of Everclear to try out QWETting, since it's not available in CA. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many grams of ground weed I can cover with 200ml of Everclear?

I guess I could test out some oregano and water but I don't want to waste my oregano supply. It's harder to come by now than weed (at my house, and yours too most likely :cheesygrinsmiley: ).

i would like to know if anyone has used the vacuum pump to extract/evaporate iso or everclear from first or second wash? im a refrigeration tech and use the vacuum pump all the time to boil off ANY moisture from a closed system. seems it would work without any heat and theoretically you could use water to extract. safety is job one with this method as the vapours would have to be vented away from the vac motor......would make a nice flame. lol. curious to see if its been done yet. good read btw.

i would like to know if anyone has used the vacuum pump to extract/evaporate iso or everclear from first or second wash? im a refrigeration tech and use the vacuum pump all the time to boil off ANY moisture from a closed system. seems it would work without any heat and theoretically you could use water to extract. safety is job one with this method as the vapours would have to be vented away from the vac motor......would make a nice flame. lol. curious to see if its been done yet. good read btw.
I’ve seen videos of people using a vacuum chamber to finish the extraction with alcohol or butane. I think it would work well as long as it’s safe. I still think you would need some heat, but not sure.

@zeroday did this one see if this is what your referring to Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

thats what i was looking for. thanks. his setup looks a little shakey using glass though. if there is anything that even resembles a leak it will never pull a total vacuum on it. it should take all the iso/everclear/water out in no time if he gets the microns low enough. and zero heat. lower the pressure, lower the boiling point. iv got a couple vac pumps at work....im going to make a fixture to put solution in and try and boil it off that way. i noticed another option is the home distiller....you would save most of the iso/everclear every time that way too.

thats what i was looking for. thanks. his setup looks a little shakey using glass though. if there is anything that even resembles a leak it will never pull a total vacuum on it. it should take all the iso/everclear/water out in no time if he gets the microns low enough. and zero heat. lower the pressure, lower the boiling point. iv got a couple vac pumps at work....im going to make a fixture to put solution in and try and boil it off that way. i noticed another option is the home distiller....you would save most of the iso/everclear every time that way too.
Build one for me too please! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Headline for BHO processor in LA: Fire, explosion in Los Angeles injures 11 firefighters

CNN, FOX, and CBC carry reports. No link as per 420 Magazine policy.

I wonder how the moral minority will respond when they clue in to what BHO is.

I was wondering this also .. not from the get go because it would be too much vapour but at the end .. to finish
I did a pressed puck wash yesterday with a new toy ( reclaimed)
instead of the usual rso it left me some beautiful looking honey oil...
so
I was curious if I could cure it for dabs ..
I was planning 100 degrees , 4 min sessions , but still waiting to see if this is a waste of time in DM :)
Might use the magic juice for editables instead .
7F0216C4-D40A-407E-A4BA-C1E12797A303.jpeg

You can certainly dab it now. I do it all the time. Looks clean as heck to me. If you’re worried there’s still solvent just let it sit a few days, but I think you’re good. I may need to invest in a vacuum if that’s what you’re getting consistently. Yummy! :bravo:

You can certainly dab it now. I do it all the time. Looks clean as heck to me. If you’re worried there’s still solvent just let it sit a few days, but I think you’re good. I may need to invest in a vacuum if that’s what you’re getting consistently. Yummy! :bravo:
I've been trying to get to your threads for awhile now grandpa, it'll take forever to get to everything on here but that's a good thing, can't stop learning...I used a vacuum chamber a few times to finish off my RSO, works very nice. 10 gr glass viles half filled, on a heat matt set at 98f, I get it close to purged before going in but I still have to play with the value so it doesn't bubble over, usually after 30 minutes it settles down and I can leave it for a few hours till it stops moving, I dab it, ingest under my tongue, cuts, infections, and so on as you all know lol,I spread some on a paper to show the color in the pic, I'll roll that up pronto lol.
I've recently sold the shatter making kit, I'm definitely going towards rosin making asap, but the medicine cabinet will always be supplied with RSO.
Look forward to catching up on your threads :peace:
20200517_231219.jpg

20200517_231231.jpg

:passitleft::nomo:

Back
Top Bottom