Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I am going to need your help when my press comes in Gramps. Never seen one let alone used one (except in your tutorials here). I'm ascared Gramps!! :eek:

It's really easier than mixing nutes. What do you have lined up?

I've all but put down smoking since getting a press.

It's really easier than mixing nutes. What do you have lined up?

I've all but put down smoking since getting a press.
Well I don't use nutes so nothing to compare it to. I have the press coming from the POTY contest.....its a 3 ton press apparently. Aside from that I know nothing about pressing or smoking it. What am I going to need to smoke it lol?

3 tons, you can smash some single nugs, I would use at least 6 if you are smooshing bags. its really about the footprint of the bag, you want it upright like a pop can with as little surface area on the plate as possible

Well having never pressed anything, I will cut my teeth on what the prize is. Lots of practice on single buds I guess LOL.

How do you smoke the stuff you press?

You’ll get the hang of it. Every experiment will be forgotten if you don’t write it down though...:laugh:

I use a quartz banger or my new nectar collector. Tasty! :drool:I’ve also been known to plop a blob on a bowl of weed...in a pipe or bong. Just like hash, I let it melt into the weed and get baked. You’re welcome. :ciao:

Well having never pressed anything, I will cut my teeth on what the prize is. Lots of practice on single buds I guess LOL.

How do you smoke the stuff you press?

There are pens, the thing that grandpa has, and rigs/bangers. Just about any way you would address having to much dry sift or kief. A pen is good for on the road, or very small hits. When your home and you need to turn it up to 11 quickly, you reach for the rig/banger. I heat the banger with a torch, let it cool to desired temp. I have a pre-prepared dab of wax on a titanium tool. This is inserted into the hot banger and lightly abraded on the surface of the banger to get it all off the nail. The nail is sat down and I replace with a carb cap.

Using a rig takes some trial/error, and the ability to pay attention to minor details. Torches can easily burn you, fabric, pets, your neighbor's wife, all all kinds of other shit you don't want to catch fire. There are plug in heating elements that you can use on special bangers that allow you to dial in a specific temp. Since I am a stoner, I don't like cords.

I just started pressing about 2 months ago. I was probably smoking an ounce + every 10 days or so. When I started dabbing the first couple weeks I was very careful, I did not want to overdo it...anyway, after 2 months, and overdoing it a few times, I prefer this method of consumption. I don't smell like smoke. It takes me from anywhere up to 30 seconds to get as baked as I want vs 40 minutes with a killer blunt on the porch. I can pack a pen with enough for a days work (labor on my property), and it's just a pen. A QP in storage fits in a ball jar cap vs several ball jars.

Now, I just about only smoke on the weekends or when I have time to properly sit and enjoy. My consumption is down to under a half pressed a week now-there is a lot less waste in the consumption, 300+% of thc-a is wasted in joint form vs dab form according to people who know more than me but make less money and probably work more.

Anyway, you will like it. I had no clue how to do it on Dec 1, I just ordered a press.

But don't pull the banger off the rig when your done with your hit. It's still blazing hot, even though your very stoned and was smoking a bong earlier. I learn slow.

Save every last thc-a molecule

Excellent description @nobodyhere You appear to have learned well. You nailed it on the consumption part too. I seem to smoke a lot less when it’s in rosin form. You’re definitely right though...two small dabs compared to 2-3 bowls is a huge difference. Every time I hit a bong or joint now I wonder how much could’ve been squeezed out first.

@Van Stank you will catch on fast. Watch a few younoob videos and you’ll be set. When I’m using my banger—which is pretty thick—I use a torch also. One of those kitchen/cooking torches. I use my phone timer and heat the banger for 25 seconds. Then, I restart the timer and let it cool for 1:10 to 1:20 and hit it. Taste is like a gummy bear on steroids.

The nice part about my routine is I can almost squeeze this shit with my bare hands...LMAO! Enjoy!

Dude I don't even know what a banger is......I thought it was some british food.....Bangers and Mash or some shit LOL. I am so out of my league with this stuff LOL.
Just search youtube. It's really not beyond anyone.

Most youtubers like their dabs ALOT hotter than I do.

There are pens, the thing that grandpa has, and rigs/bangers. Just about any way you would address having to much dry sift or kief. A pen is good for on the road, or very small hits. When your home and you need to turn it up to 11 quickly, you reach for the rig/banger. I heat the banger with a torch, let it cool to desired temp. I have a pre-prepared dab of wax on a titanium tool. This is inserted into the hot banger and lightly abraded on the surface of the banger to get it all off the nail. The nail is sat down and I replace with a carb cap.

Using a rig takes some trial/error, and the ability to pay attention to minor details. Torches can easily burn you, fabric, pets, your neighbor's wife, all all kinds of other shit you don't want to catch fire. There are plug in heating elements that you can use on special bangers that allow you to dial in a specific temp. Since I am a stoner, I don't like cords.

I just started pressing about 2 months ago. I was probably smoking an ounce + every 10 days or so. When I started dabbing the first couple weeks I was very careful, I did not want to overdo it...anyway, after 2 months, and overdoing it a few times, I prefer this method of consumption. I don't smell like smoke. It takes me from anywhere up to 30 seconds to get as baked as I want vs 40 minutes with a killer blunt on the porch. I can pack a pen with enough for a days work (labor on my property), and it's just a pen. A QP in storage fits in a ball jar cap vs several ball jars.

Now, I just about only smoke on the weekends or when I have time to properly sit and enjoy. My consumption is down to under a half pressed a week now-there is a lot less waste in the consumption, 300+% of thc-a is wasted in joint form vs dab form according to people who know more than me but make less money and probably work more.

Anyway, you will like it. I had no clue how to do it on Dec 1, I just ordered a press.

But don't pull the banger off the rig when your done with your hit. It's still blazing hot, even though your very stoned and was smoking a bong earlier. I learn slow.

Save every last thc-a molecule

Umm.....I think I am going to go smoke a bowl and try reading that again LOL. I understood the 2 and 3 letter words........the others, not so much :hmmmm:

And before I start down this rabbit hole too far, this isn't what they call shatter is it? How much difference between this and shatter if it isn't the same or similar.

Sorry for the newb questions but outside of growing it or lighting it on fire in a bong, I don't know much about this stuff. ALways looked cool when you see gramps swirling his golden stuff around, but I have never messed with this stuff.

This method of extraction does not use solvents, just heat and pressure to produce rosin. Some people call it wax. It's close in consistency and function of shatter and other extracts, but tastes a lot better and does not require use of solvents.

I have never tried those other extracts, only what i press. I have tried oil in a disposable pen....rosin is a million times better

Its going to be ok. and grandpa guarantees you will like the result.

And before I start down this rabbit hole too far, this isn't what they call shatter is it? How much difference between this and shatter if it isn't the same or similar.

Sorry for the newb questions but outside of growing it or lighting it on fire in a bong, I don't know much about this stuff. ALways looked cool when you see gramps swirling his golden stuff around, but I have never messed with this stuff.

Like @nobodyhere stated, it’s easy. I did stop smoking flower for quite awhile. Not because I didn’t like flower; rather, because it was easier to hit after my open heart surgery. Tiny hits and stoned for hours type thing. Also—like nobodyhere said—the smell of weed diminishes considerably all around when just hitting rosin. Smoking weed is very similar to smoking tobacco in the sense that it stays with you...clothes, hair, furniture, etc. Rosin doesn’t have that same effect.

Shatter and wax are normally made from butane (BHO) or alcohol extractions. Rosin is just heat and pressure. No solvents are used. There are some who say terpines are not kept as well, but I don’t have any issues with the taste of rosin whatsoever. It’s like candy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom