Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Grandpa Tokin I have the press on the way !
As you and OldSalt know I thought I got the press last night . Forgot to make the last complete button . By the time I got up this morning the price went to $846 , deleted that and got the $719 back on there . 2-7 day shipping is free. So I got it on its way . I want to list what I get with it. If y’all think I need a lot more parts and accessories before it gets here I’d like to know !
The press and dual heat platens model do-hr10t35
Jaws of life pump 8.8k
Pre press mold
2x4 160 micron filters
Puck maker do-pm3015r
That’s all I have coming , I’m gonna get back to read this thread !

Super Silver Haze @ 200.
:slide:
30812043-77EE-48EB-A853-B22BE3217FF0.jpeg
30A05BF5-2ABD-4165-8F64-D4A725BCE7B4.jpeg

As you and OldSalt know I thought I got the press last night . Forgot to make the last complete button . By the time I got up this morning the price went to $846 , deleted that and got the $719 back on there . 2-7 day shipping is free. So I got it on its way . I want to list what I get with it. If y’all think I need a lot more parts and accessories before it gets here I’d like to know !
Jaws of life pump 8.8k
Pre press mold
2x4 160 micron filters
Puck maker do-pm3015r

That’s a Great setup I think you will be able to numb the pain from dropping that kinda cash with some smashing rosin dabs! I recently purchased a new press and mold they are very easy to use tons of info here your gonna be so high!
:roorrip:

To my knowledge, yeah it would be pointless shed....

Its crazy good Grandpa, got some up last night just topped a cone of Pineapple Chunk with it, torch it, and suck like a bastard..... Destroys you. Bud is still a bit too fresh for squishing.... Had collection problems....

My new Yukon XL 1400mh concentrates pen is on the way..... Is cool as shite, dual wax compartmentsWaiting is the saddest part.... For now.... Ol faithful Bong.... My cheap concentrates pen ...w3 pack...acrylic tube....threads overheated , and one end cracked....now when heats up...falls apart. New pen time....coming soon.

Jaws of life pump 8.8k
Pre press mold
2x4 160 micron filters
Puck maker do-pm3015r

That all looks insane good. You will be a Rosin fiend in no time. If I ever buy a desktop model it will be that one.

That all looks insane good. You will be a Rosin fiend in no time. If I ever buy a desktop model it will be that one.
Thanks Grandpa Tokin makes me feel good about it . I see BobbyZ has a silicone bakers pad and what’s the best tools to get ?

Thanks Grandpa Tokin makes me feel good about it . I see BobbyZ has a silicone bakers pad and what’s the best tools to get ?
Silicon pads are a NECESSITY!
I think on amazon you can get a whole assortment of dental tools for $7.
Also an assortment of 5ml silicon storage containers.
And good squishin paper.
Did you get bags with the press?
:thumb:

I have a bunch of silicone pads, some silicone containers of various sizes, and I use wax carving tools (cheap), and more expensive tools like skillet tools. If you post a review of your press and let Dap Press know they will send you a tools kit if you ask for it.

PS. You will definitely need parchment paper or oil slick paper. I use Raw parchment, but I bought 3 rolls...

To my knowledge, yeah it would be pointless shed....

Its crazy good Grandpa, got some up last night just topped a cone of Pineapple Chunk with it, torch it, and suck like a bastard..... Destroys you. Bud is still a bit too fresh for squishing.... Had collection problems....

My new Yukon XL 1400mh concentrates pen is on the way..... Is cool as shite, dual wax compartmentsWaiting is the saddest part.... For now.... Ol faithful Bong.... My cheap concentrates pen ...w3 pack...acrylic tube....threads overheated , and one end cracked....now when heats up...falls apart. New pen time....coming soon.

Collection problems. I had collection problems with some bud i squished recently its months in cure with boveda packs but it feels fresh should i air dry it for half a day prior to squish will this make it less oilly more resinous or should i try more heat... im running at 190 now.
Also left it about 3mins at full press spent 5 mins working up to that... I find anything near max press breaks the bag ive gotta hold back a bit.
2AE3239A-8925-4D81-8CCB-349D1CE15849.jpeg
F69A664B-DC40-4011-9A21-7D17D1F2C036.jpeg

Attachments

• 6FDF4BBD-ECFD-4D9E-9FAE-066675F30620.jpeg
    6FDF4BBD-ECFD-4D9E-9FAE-066675F30620.jpeg
    668.8 KB · Views: 10
If you take 73, 45, or 25 micron hash and press it through a 90 micron bag, doesn't it all come out?

Probably yes if I put all the hash in one bag and pressed through a 90 micron bag it would most likely all come out. With bubble hash in my experience the 25 and 45 micron are lower quality than the 90 and 73, by removing them before I press through a 35 micron bag, I should end up with a highly refined end product.

Just to show the difference between 90 and 25 micron hash here is a picture.
081839D4-74CF-4686-A1AD-35F4ED7E9A16.jpeg

I’ll squeeze a bag of each micron when I next get the press out and see if there is a difference with the end product other than yield.

Collection problems. I had collection problems with some bud i squished recently its months in cure with boveda packs but it feels fresh should i air dry it for half a day prior to squish will this make it less oilly more resinous or should i try more heat... im running at 190 now.
Also left it about 3mins at full press spent 5 mins working up to that... I find anything near max press breaks the bag ive gotta hold back a bit.
2AE3239A-8925-4D81-8CCB-349D1CE15849.jpeg
F69A664B-DC40-4011-9A21-7D17D1F2C036.jpeg

Experimenting is the only sure way to know. The same applies to your cure. Yeah I’d kick it up to 210* and give a firm and long (5ish+ minutes) squish. You want firm consistent pressure. Smashed to hell isn’t your goal and doesn’t get you better results. When the bag bust, you’ve lost your pressure multiplier.

^^^
I just made that last part up, I don’t know if that’s true... What? I’m high.

Just to show the difference between 90 and 25 micron hash here is a picture.

Analogous to separating fruit by size after shaking the tree. The smallest will be underdeveloped, not fully "fruited", a shell with little juice. Like a strawberry, small and yellow instead of larger, plump and red.

Experimenting is the only sure way to know. The same applies to your cure. Yeah I’d kick it up to 210* and give a firm and long (5ish+ minutes) squish. You want firm consistent pressure. Smashed to hell isn’t your goal and doesn’t get you better results. When the bag bust, you’ve lost your pressure multiplier.

^^^
I just made that last part up, I don’t know if that’s true... What? I’m high.
pressure multiplier huh, cool.

I always like coefficient of friction. It's a real thing. Friction.

My new wax pen coming is the Yocan Evolve Plus XL...wax pen starter kit.
Hope its a decent one. Thoughts?

I overcame my WW Rosin problem, now everytime I have a bong, I scrape a bit off..chuck some on top.... Hehe... No problem. Be gone in a few days...

Collection problems can normally be solved my increasing or decreasing press temps. I like low and slow until I reach the pressure multiplier...I get that red fruit baby! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Speaking of red...here’s what my puck oil looks like a few days later. Completely stable and dabbable. Enjoy! There were only two DDA pucks in the whole jar and it’s completely purple.

I think it's proper after one looses their pressure multiplier, they must continue with those kinky silicone gloves.
We’re giving you some hardcore “bro science”. :rofl:

:passitleft:
Collection problems can normally be solved my increasing or decreasing press temps. I like low and slow until I reach the pressure multiplier...I get that red fruit baby! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Speaking of red...here’s what my puck oil looks like a few days later. Completely stable and dabbable. Enjoy! There were only two DDA pucks in the whole jar and it’s completely purple.

Look at the pressure multiplier on that one... I'd hit it with gloves on! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom