Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Also toss yer press sheet in the freezer if it's hard to take off

Helps a bit for sure
Thanks Chris , round three just came out !
It looks like rosin in the puck bag . Did I not leave it long enough 5 minutes and 20 seconds.
First time it came out front !
640B30C6-F4F8-4F77-AC84-667CAAB26D11.jpeg
CAC00448-4972-451F-A50B-09C82C0D5B91.jpeg

Thanks Chris , round three just came out !
It looks like rosin in the puck bag . Did I not leave it long enough 5 minutes and 20 seconds.
First time it came out front !
640B30C6-F4F8-4F77-AC84-667CAAB26D11.jpeg
CAC00448-4972-451F-A50B-09C82C0D5B91.jpeg
You want as much material as possible because you will lose some rosin to the filter bag. The bag doesn’t care if you squeeze 3 grams or 15 grams, it’s still going to absorb the same amount of loss. To offset it, squeeze more material actually mean you’ll lose less rosin. Also trim your excess bag material, once your comfortable of course.
:thumb:

Does anyone think I did enough to try a Bud ?

F7D5E9E6-C024-40D4-9BB2-2A518574ADDA.jpeg
You’ve got the big pre-mold. So you should be squishing 14 + grams. I’ll just pull it of the main stem and pack the mold.

Your pucks are a lot larger than mine. You need more pressure, probably 3000-4000 PSI. You'll need to play with the temp and pressure a bit to find out what works best for the strain, and puck size.

You’ve got the big pre-mold. So you should be squishing 14 + grams. I’ll just pull it of the main stem and pack the mold.
So I’ll be able to do two pucks , hell yes !
Your pucks are a lot larger than mine. You need more pressure, probably 3000-4000 PSI. You'll need to play with the temp and pressure a bit to find out what works best for the strain, and puck size.
Thanks I’m on it on that bud , let’s see what happens! We are up to 4000 psi . Bubbling out the back. Six minutes right now .

92B6C90A-B756-494A-A712-FEDA1E1F981A.jpeg

You may try without the bags to get the hang of it

I use a pvc coupler to creat a puck. So find something you can pack the weed into that holds like 3-4g

Just wait until you taste it! :slide:
I can smell it , mama came up and said she could smell it before she got to the building!
You may try without the bags to get the hang of it

I use a pvc coupler to creat a puck. So find something you can pack the weed into that holds like 3-4g
I gonna try more in the morning and I’ll start with that . I have a1-1/2” coupling pvc and a 1” on hand .

there’s also “Costco” brand not sure if you have that near you which is a nice thick parchment

Ha, was just at costco yesterday, saw their huge pallets of bulk parchment and said, "Hello my friend, I will be taking you home with me soon, prepare yourself" lol

Smoke report maybe it was too big a piece , it’s couch lock with jelly legs . Didn’t knock me out so lm good . Thanks for all of the support you guys that was cool !

@West Hippie

how are you stuffing your bags? That press looked like bag on side...try bottle tech method, search this thread.

Several say higher yield. I agree.
I didn’t get my puck maker , be here Thursday. Gonna try in the morning Chris’s way stuff it in a pvc coupling till I get the puck maker .

I didn’t get my puck maker , be here Thursday. Gonna try in the morning Chris’s way stuff it in a pvc coupling till I get the puck maker .

I don't pre-press. Not retired yet. Actually ive tried and am on the fence.

Regardless puck or not, research and try bottle tech.

Another thought, when I first got my press, I took like 3 zips, different temps, different bagging methods, measure yields and got the best method down.

A few pictures from the weekend. Gorilla Zkittles, French Macron and Pink Kush. All very nice but the FM is just incredible. Best flavoured rosin I’ve had so far.

Gorilla Zkittles

French Macron

Pink Kush

A few pictures from the weekend. Gorilla Zkittles, French Macron and Pink Kush. All very nice but the FM is just incredible. Best flavoured rosin I’ve had so far.

Gorilla Zkittles

French Macron

Pink Kush

Pictures not working for me.

@West Hippie I’m sorry I missed your first squeeze. It appears you got this down quickly. Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom