Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I'm looking at DabPress on Amazon Canada, 10 ton but no hand pump, I am on the search for that lol, good price at 640 can and I assume the hand pump will be a couple hundred but still well below my budget.
Indeed I will be posting my progress, I'm off to a great start with everyone's help, much appreciated :peace:
Is that with the puck makers ? Amazon has the hand pumps in a different section. If you look in my pic of the press on top is the puck makers !
@BobbyZ got me hooked on the slick paper at the zon also .

Auto sweettooth cured with 62% rh humidity 2way humidity packs pressed at 210deg. 160u bags. Nice and terpy :nerd-with-glasses: :Namaste:
IMG_20200529_104947_790.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_785.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_792.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_788.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_803.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_819.jpg
IMG_20200529_104947_820.jpg

Oh heck yeah! I’d hit that!

I'm looking at DabPress on Amazon Canada, 10 ton but no hand pump, I am on the search for that lol, good price at 640 can and I assume the hand pump will be a couple hundred but still well below my budget.
Indeed I will be posting my progress, I'm off to a great start with everyone's help, much appreciated :peace:

You may be better off ordering directly from Dabpress. I didn't have to pay duty or taxes. I'd contact them and ask when they will have more stock for Canada. They may also have a discount code that you can use. I don't know if they still offer a free gift if you write a review. I received their Dab Tool Kit for writing the review linked in my Completed Journals & Reference Links. Dabpress is a sponsor.

full

Free Gift from Dabpress: Dabpress Bamboo Collection Tools Kit

If you can't source the pump through Dabpress, Princess Auto has the pump, but you'll need to take the end connector to the store and have them make a hose for you. They also should be able to add a pressure gauge. Amazon also has hydraulic pumps that should work. Take a look at "CP-180 Hydraulic Pump Hand Operated Pump Hydraulic Manual Pump with Pressure Gauge." It's available from several vendors, with or without the pressure gauge, from $89.95 - $330.86. I bought the "Strongway Hydraulic Pump with Gauge and Hose" recommended by Dabpress at the time through Northern Tool.

Your lowest cost source for filter bags in Canada is Supreme Rosin. I bought 100 2" x 4-1/2" 160 micron bags for $81.99 + taxes CAD ($59.85 USD). That's enough for 200 7gm pucks, or over 3lb of dried flower. I cut the bottoms out, and cut the bags in half. I find this easier and more cost effective.

Is that with the puck makers ? Amazon has the hand pumps in a different section. If you look in my pic of the press on top is the puck makers !
@BobbyZ got me hooked on the slick paper at the zon also .
Sorry salt I sent this message lastnight and I see it didn't work lol
Thanks for that info, will be following your advice, hard not to jump in and want it all now lol, will be making wiser choices from this :peace:

Sorry salt I sent this message lastnight and I see it didn't work lol
Thanks for that info, will be following your advice, hard not to jump in and want it all now lol, will be making wiser choices from this :peace:
And I screwed this message up too, it's meant for @Old Salt, lmao, and thank you too wh, yes will need the puck makers.

Wait till you make your own capsules, mine puts everyone to sleep but I have no problem.

I made some with185mg rosin, so about 130mg -150mg cannabinoids to see if it would work. I used a 1:1 ratio of rosin : filler, and put it into size 2 capsules. I'm glad I only made two of them, and diluted the leftovers down to my regular strength.

I posted instructions to get the strength you want for capsules and suppositories in A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer.

My next test will be to try get 200mg cannabinoids into a size two capsule. That's about twice as much rosin as filler.

I made some with185mg rosin, so about 130mg -150mg cannabinoids to see if it would work. I used a 1:1 ratio of rosin : filler, and put it into size 2 capsules. I'm glad I only made two of them, and diluted the leftovers down to my regular strength.

I posted instructions to get the strength you want for capsules and suppositories in A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer.

My next test will be to try get 200mg cannabinoids into a size two capsule. That's about twice as much rosin as filler.
I’ve followed you over there maybe I need to drop to size 2 I’m using 00 capsules. Even my 7 grams of rosin in 100 mL evoo put some to sleep! But the Dosidos can be used for a sedative! It wasn’t but 4 grams in 50 mL evoo!

I’ve followed you over there maybe I need to drop to size 2 I’m using 00 capsules. Even my 7 grams of rosin in 100 mL evoo put some to sleep! But the Dosidos can be used for a sedative! It wasn’t but 4 grams in 50 mL evoo!

The size of the capsule is pretty much irrelevant, as long as the volume of rosin is less than the volume of the filler. All we need to do is compute the amount of rosin we need and add enough filler to fill the capsules.

For example if we want 12 capsules of approx 50mg cannabinoids, we'd need 12 x 0.05/0.7 or 0.86 gm of rosin. (The 0.7 represents the percent cannabinoids by weight). The same amount of rosin is used regardless of the capsule size.

Next we calculate the total volume of the capsules...
for 12 size 5 capsules it's 12 x 0.13ml or 1.56ml
for 12 size 2 capsules it's 12 x 0.37ml or 4.44ml
for 12 size 000 capsules it's 12 x 1.37ml or 16.44ml

now we compute the filler needed for the capsules. It's the total volume - the volume of the rosin. Rosin weighs very close to 1gm/ml so...
for 12 size 5 capsules it's 1.56ml - 0.86ml = 0.7ml
for 12 size 2 capsules it's 4.44ml - 0.86ml = 3.58ml
for 12 size 000 capsules it's 16.44 ml - 0.86ml = 15.58ml

Decarb the rosin, add the filler and mix well. Let cool to about 50°C (120°F) and fill your capsules.

Following these directions, whatever the size of your capsule, it will have about 50 mg cannabinoids in it. They all should hit the same. I would not use the size 5 capsules for two reasons. First, the volume of rosin is more than the volume of filler required. The second is the capsules are so small that they are hard to work with and fill with an accurate volume.

The first couple times I did 15mg caps I slept as well, now it's just a perfect, evening long, wonderful buzz.
I have three different highs two white widows and the knock out dosidos. I barely get jelly leg from from her now !

Wonderful discussion guys! Thanks @Old Salt for your valuable information.
I had followed OldSalt over to the cancer form with SweetSue . A lot of good info and a lot of good info from Old Salt in there . I get alerts on the thread now and don’t miss anything! Now if I could spread the love other than at the bar it would be great.
You missed out on the browning M2 I shot 20 rounds $160 worth . Country hippie retired nam vet had a big todo Memorial Day going on and every body stayed home because of the coronavirus. Said the gun was 52 years old .

Back
Top Bottom