Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Is this something I should consider investing in? LOL....sorry for the barrage of questions on your thread Gramps!

Yes. You will need this stuff to put your puck inside to squeeze so it’s easy to collect the rosin after the squeeze. It allows the rosin to not stick so it’s easier to gather. I use the raw parchment paper, but the stuff @scrogster posted looks much better.

ledge? No I am actually pro buying a press so you don't have to spend 30 minutes with a bong every hour on the hour.
I gotta wonder....what kind of weed do you guys smoke that you need to grab a bong that often :hmmmm:

Just saying

Oh shit......what is all this? Am I gonna need all those tools and shit to do this?

LOL! Slow down... you’ll get it. You will need some gear, but it doesn’t have to be exactly that. You can collect the rosin with a nail if need be...just not a rusty one. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I gotta wonder....what kind of weed do you guys smoke that you need to grab a bong that often :hmmmm:

Just saying

LOL! Schwagg!

LMAO! Not everyone can grow the plant of the century... :passitleft:

Probably, but I should be able to squeeze two pucks formed with a 40mm diameter pre-press at a time. As they can be up to 1/2 oz (14gm) of flower each, that's eight to sixteen presses. A DIY puck insertion tool will help place them without a lot of the fiddle farting around I've seen in most videos. I figure I'll be able to do a press every 5 - 6 minutes, once I get into the swing of things. Who knows? If it takes longer, so be it.

“Puck insertion tool...” ? I was thinking a jig, of sorts, would work. What were you thinking?

:lot-o-toke::passitleft::cough:

Not all flower is the same. Similarly, Kief is smaller so you need a tighter screen (smaller hole—for marines LOL!) 120 micron will get you started. You’ll figure out what works best for your needs quickly. I’m buying a puck mold (or making one if I’m not too lazy).

There are many smoking options. If you already have a small bong you could just get a quartz banger, a carb cap, and a dab tool. I also use silicon pads and silicon containers. I just went and bought a nectar collector too and I love it. You’ll need to watch a few videos and figure out what is best for you. If you don’t want to wait, just plop a dab on your favorite flower, in a pipe, and hit it that way. That’s how I got addicted... :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ok, so now this sounds like the details I need.

I don't have anything to smoke it in currently. I have bongs...but they are bigger. Is there a type of rig you guys would recommend. I would prefer to buy the right thing from the get go and not have to keep ordering different things to try and make things work.

I don't know what a quartz banger, a carb cap or a dab tool is. Are those things I need to order? What the fuck is a nectar collector?

So right now....looks like I need bags (which microns....still up in the air), some sort of parchment paper (what do you guys find works best). Sounds like I should consider something to make pucks too.

Then it seems like I should consider those silicone containers? Do I need tools to be able 'harvest' my pressed rosin? I see some of you using those little tools but I will be damned if I know what they are called. If any of you guys buy things like this in sets and have links of what you would recommend, please PM me.

And then I guess I need a smoking device. Sure I could drop a drop on my flower in my bong, but I figure I would rather buy the right thing. I am not looking for anything fancy, or crazy, just a pretty KISS type of device to smoke it. Smoking will be done at the house 99% of the time as I rarely leave.

The only thing that came with the press......is that mat that I see Gramps putting his pressed rosin on. SO I have to order everything else that I will need. Thanks again guys...I know its a shit ton of questions and direction that I am seeking but really I am going into this like as a consummate newbie! I guess what I am trying to avoid is wasting time, effort and money on the wrong stuff and not being able to try this for a prolonged period.

Just saying
It's dependent on a number of factors that your well aware of. One me being a daily through the day user. I've had about 6 dabs since getting up 4 hours ago...lol. Day off. It's also nice not to have to spend the day smelling like a bong too, because i've already had 3 other sets of adults in my house that are not familiar with me being baked as fuck at the moment.

I rarely use glass for herb anymore. Hate cleaning pieces. Usually only when guests are here do the bongs come out.

I don't have anything to smoke it in currently. I have bongs...but they are bigger. Is there a type of rig you guys would recommend. I would prefer to buy the right thing from the get go and not have to keep ordering different things to try and make things work.

I don't know what a quartz banger, a carb cap or a dab tool is. Are those things I need to order? What the fuck is a nectar collector?

So right now....looks like I need bags (which microns....still up in the air), some sort of parchment paper (what do you guys find works best). Sounds like I should consider something to make pucks too.

Then it seems like I should consider those silicone containers? Do I need tools to be able 'harvest' my pressed rosin? I see some of you using those little tools but I will be damned if I know what they are called. If any of you guys buy things like this in sets and have links of what you would recommend, please PM me.

And then I guess I need a smoking device. Sure I could drop a drop on my flower in my bong, but I figure I would rather buy the right thing. I am not looking for anything fancy, or crazy, just a pretty KISS type of device to smoke it. Smoking will be done at the house 99% of the time as I rarely leave.

The only thing that came with the press......is that mat that I see Gramps putting his pressed rosin on. SO I have to order everything else that I will need. Thanks again guys...I know its a shit ton of questions and direction that I am seeking but really I am going into this like as a consummate newbie! I guess what I am trying to avoid is wasting time, effort and money on the wrong stuff and not being able to try this for a prolonged period.

160 for flower is where to start depending on how shitty your weed is.

I just started with a rig, banger, cap, torch, some qtips and dark crystal or whatever that is. I would get used to method 1 before worrying about pens, straws, etc. Think smaller volume for a rig, you want long drawn out hits like your pulling through a straw vs a car exhaust pipe.

Parchment paper is parchment paper, I pay like a buck a roll for it and pre-cut it. I use a tool to collect the rosin, any stainless or smooth carbon steel item that is non-porus will work, pull toward you most of the time. I like a hard room temp stone surface to work on. I don't like to store on paper as I feel it pulls the moisture out of the rosin-which can be helpful when you overcook some new bud and it's runny mess, also store in fridge for a bit helps.

It's easy, there is about a 5 min learning curve.

Pro Tip. Remember in your new state of stoned-ness that your not to pull the banger off the rig, like you would with a bowl/bong. I saw that happen once. What a buzzkill.

LOL! Slow down... you’ll get it. You will need some gear, but it doesn’t have to be exactly that. You can collect the rosin with a nail if need be...just not a rusty one. :cheesygrinsmiley:
SLOW DOWN?? I want to press!

I get that I have time to learn it all.....but I figure since I gotta order everything in order to do this (including the bags), I might as well get everything ordered that I am going to need in one shot so I don't deal with the bullshit I went through with the light mover rail I bought recently. "here order this and your light will be so much more effective" but little do they tell you that you need this little thing and that little thing, and then once you finally get those, you realize you needed this other little thing they didn't mention. Three weeks later, I finally got my light moving the way I wanted it to be moving. I hate, hate, hate, hate delays and rework. Re-doing stuff is stupid when you can get it right the first time. Not to mention saving money by not ordering stuff that you don't need because you didn't have a clue what you would need to start with.

I know a lot of life's lessons are learned by learning what not to do. I have gotten through life learning that way. Lord knows I am the king of learning from fuck ups. I just figure you guys have learned what is needed, what seems to work well and would be able to save a lot of those painful fuckup lessons I am famous for pulling off.

Here’s a list of what I use:

1. HTS 154S5 5 Pc Stainless Steel Spatula/Chisel Wax & Clay Sculpting Tool Set

2. RAW Rolling Paper "Parchment Paper" 300mm
(Like I said, I think the stuff @scrogster shared is better)

3. Silicone Oil Mats Set of 4 , Silicone Oil Cured Mat Non-Stick Surface , Heat-Resistant and Durable Concentrate Pad , Medical Grade Silicone Pad (Rectangular 4"x 5" )

4. 120 Micron | Premium Nylon Tea Filter Press Screen Bags | 2" x 4" | 20 Pack | Zero Blowout Guarantee | All Micron & Sizes Available

5. Nectar Collector Honeybird Kit

6. Vertigo by Lotus Cyclone Triple Torch Cigar Lighter Charcoal 2 Pack

Other than the press and plates, that’s a good start. I really like the nectar collector for ease of use. If you go with a dab rig bong, and a quartz banger, then you’ll need a torch lighter like the kitchen chef ones instead of the little one I linked.

It's dependent on a number of factors that your well aware of. One me being a daily through the day user. I've had about 6 dabs since getting up 4 hours ago...lol. Day off. It's also nice not to have to spend the day smelling like a bong too, because i've already had 3 other sets of adults in my house that are not familiar with me being baked as fuck at the moment.

I rarely use glass for herb anymore. Hate cleaning pieces. Usually only when guests are here do the bongs come out.

I like your style!

160 for flower is where to start depending on how shitty your weed is.

I just started with a rig, banger, cap, torch, some qtips and dark crystal or whatever that is. I would get used to method 1 before worrying about pens, straws, etc. Think smaller volume for a rig, you want long drawn out hits like your pulling through a straw vs a car exhaust pipe.

Parchment paper is parchment paper, I pay like a buck a roll for it and pre-cut it. I use a tool to collect the rosin, any stainless or smooth carbon steel item that is non-porus will work, pull toward you most of the time. I like a hard room temp stone surface to work on. I don't like to store on paper as I feel it pulls the moisture out of the rosin-which can be helpful when you overcook some new bud and it's runny mess, also store in fridge for a bit helps.

It's easy, there is about a 5 min learning curve.

Pro Tip. Remember in your new state of stoned-ness that your not to pull the banger off the rig, like you would with a bowl/bong. I saw that happen once. What a buzzkill.
Ok, Thanks Nobody! 160 microns....check. And I will order some of the 37 Micron as well since I am going to start playing around with bubble hash soon as well.

Thanks for the parchment paper....i figured it was probably not important but who knows. I always figured parchment paper was parchment paper.

That leaves me the rig and then containers and tools. I grow a lot of different strains so I assume I should go with quite a few. I hate mixing stuff. (I have different grinders for my flowers so I don't cross up my Sativas and Indicas and hybrids).

Do I need a torch or will a lighter work? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. Will any torch work or do they have specific ones for this sort of shit that makes things easier?

Here’s a list of what I use:

1. HTS 154S5 5 Pc Stainless Steel Spatula/Chisel Wax & Clay Sculpting Tool Set

2. RAW Rolling Paper "Parchment Paper" 300mm
(Like I said, I think the stuff @scrogster shared is better)

3. Silicone Oil Mats Set of 4 , Silicone Oil Cured Mat Non-Stick Surface , Heat-Resistant and Durable Concentrate Pad , Medical Grade Silicone Pad (Rectangular 4"x 5" )

4. 120 Micron | Premium Nylon Tea Filter Press Screen Bags | 2" x 4" | 20 Pack | Zero Blowout Guarantee | All Micron & Sizes Available

5. Nectar Collector Honeybird Kit

6. Vertigo by Lotus Cyclone Triple Torch Cigar Lighter Charcoal 2 Pack

Other than the press and plates, that’s a good start. I really like the nectar collector for ease of use. If you go with a dab rig bong, and a quartz banger, then you’ll need a torch lighter like the kitchen chef ones instead of the little one I linked.

I like your style!
THIS!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

SLOW DOWN?? I want to press!

I get that I have time to learn it all.....but I figure since I gotta order everything in order to do this (including the bags), I might as well get everything ordered that I am going to need in one shot so I don't deal with the bullshit I went through with the light mover rail I bought recently. "here order this and your light will be so much more effective" but little do they tell you that you need this little thing and that little thing, and then once you finally get those, you realize you needed this other little thing they didn't mention. Three weeks later, I finally got my light moving the way I wanted it to be moving. I hate, hate, hate, hate delays and rework. Re-doing stuff is stupid when you can get it right the first time. Not to mention saving money by not ordering stuff that you don't need because you didn't have a clue what you would need to start with.

I know a lot of life's lessons are learned by learning what not to do. I have gotten through life learning that way. Lord knows I am the king of learning from fuck ups. I just figure you guys have learned what is needed, what seems to work well and would be able to save a lot of those painful fuckup lessons I am famous for pulling off.
OK, whats your budget and space constraints? Whats your plug size/type for AC? Are you looking for a shop press or indoor press?

Sure someone can post links to stuff within your budget.

As GPT beats me to it....

My press...

Bags-although i've tried all brands. I like this bag for it's volume/base ratio...it has a big base.

Tools-any dental tool, ground to your liking.

Dab tool - Mystic Timber have a few.

Banger-joel halon honey bucket flat banger, matching cap. Forget all the fancy ass styles of cool stuff.

Rig-? mine are locally blown.

I use any silicon mats like gpt uses, also have a 1/4 baking sheet with a mat that I put everything on.

Torch-Fuel-qtips-cleaner-dark crystal on amazon, your usual tray, scale, grinder, de-stemmers.

I probably haven’t been doing this right, but I collect my Rosin and then smash it out on one of the silicon pads. I then take another silicon pad and place on top of it (rosin sandwich) and that’s how I store it. For daily use I put the pads/rosin in a drawer and pull it out when needed. For longer storage I put it in the freezer.

Using the nectar collector I hit it straight off the silicon pad. Quick and easy. Two dabs takes me about two minutes of work. Takes me longer to walk out in the garage. Commercial on the TV...the old guy heads to the garage...back in the lazy boy before the commercial is over...

PS. Good questions! You are exactly right...all of you!

I understand wanting to get it right...OCDness is what I’m all about. :cheesygrinsmiley: Let the good vibes flow...you got this!
Amazon cart is full......and checked out....thank you! I would have wasted about 10 hours trying to research stuff and I have much more important stuff to do, like dry trim 12 zips of Tangie Ghost Train and chop down the mains off the Amherst Sour Diesel!

Back
Top Bottom