Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

A couple examples of the buds from the GSC #1 harvest. Still hovering just above 75% in the bag. We are still a week away before going into jars is my guess. I really would like to squeeze some as soon as I can get to the 62-65% mark.

I can't make up my mind if I should squish a large amount of it as soon as it hits the 62% mark or cure it until the 6 week mark and then squish. I'm not certain if waiting for a cure matters with trichomes or more for the flavor and aroma of the plant material. It seems to me the process of extracting the oil, the terpenes should ready at any point...right?!

hey bro .. not to piss you off or anything .. but when are you going to trim your buds ..

those buds need some serious trimming ... before you jar to cure..

and or press..

im hungry now...
View media item 1838678

hey bro .. not to piss you off or anything .. but when are you going to trim your buds ..

those buds need some serious trimming ... before you jar to cure..

and or press..
Haaa haaaa. You crack me up dude. You're not going to piss me off. I appreciate other opinions. That said...

Chill dude...these are just samples of a recent harvest. They are currently drying inside a paper bag in the fridge and today hit 72%. Nowhere close to get put into jars for the cure. I leave the smaller sugar leaves on for a reason. To protect the buds during the drying process and then going to trim better later. I do some basic trimming before going into the paper bags though. That's what you see in those samples is a quick wet trim. Honestly...I don't think these look bad for the level of effort I put into them before going into the bag, which was not much. I could do some minimal trimming and then stuff em into a pre-press and call it a day in my eyes.

I have ZERO interest in wasting physical energy and mental energy (fighting through the physical pain of having to trim) to make pretty buds if I'm going to smash the hell out of them. If that means leaving on a few extra leaves here and there, so be it you know. I don't think it will ruin my results. Do you?!

Maybe judge the nugs that are actually getting pressed. Maybe we can find some compromise there. I don't know. The ones I have trimmed prior to pressing recently seem pretty good to me.

Haaa haaaa. You crack me up dude. You're not going to piss me off. I appreciate other opinions. That said...

Chill dude...these are just samples of a recent harvest. They are currently drying inside a paper bag in the fridge and today hit 72%. Nowhere close to get put into jars for the cure. I leave the smaller sugar leaves on for a reason. To protect the buds during the drying process and then going to trim better later. I do some basic trimming before going into the paper bags though. That's what you see in those samples is a quick wet trim. Honestly...I don't think these look bad for the level of effort I put into them before going into the bag, which was not much. I could do some minimal trimming and then stuff em into a pre-press and call it a day in my eyes.

I have ZERO interest in wasting physical energy and mental energy (fighting through the physical pain of having to trim) to make pretty buds if I'm going to smash the hell out of them. If that means leaving on a few extra leaves here and there, so be it you know. I don't think it will ruin my results. Do you?!

Maybe judge the nugs that are actually getting pressed. Maybe we can find some compromise there. I don't know. The ones I have trimmed prior to pressing recently seem pretty good to me.

yes it could ruin your results those sugar leaves when they ferment .. higher risk..

i learnt from growers long time back u got to trim .. i hate trimming too.. love finger hash..

hey i lowered my temps on the rig for rosin.. smoother tastier thanks for supporting my addiction.. now i need
2lbs a month.. dont like the cold start cant get anything or very little.. i drop temp down to 505 ..
but its hovering around 520 on the box.. bit less smoke but tastier..

i also like to put the rosin on a rolling paper and roll up a joint to smoke while im walking my demanding dog
jake.. he got me walking him 8 miles a day.. 10 yrs ago i could not walk 25 ft.. was on a cane for 12 yrs.
i just broke my leg 8 different times.. and one day my legs went numb ..... 1st he bad one then the good one
said fuckit..

so team canada call me up but told em on steriods shots in knee and cant play in the olympics..

hey i lowered my temps on the rig for rosin.. smoother tastier thanks for supporting my addiction..
I know you mean it with good intentions... I don't like thinking of this plant as addictive. I think our behaviors surrounding it via the culture and usage is most definitely a culprit to addictive tendencies.

Yeah, lower temps for sure have more flavor. You're right though. I think the higher temps definitely make sure the all the cannabinoids have been used, leading to a deeper high. Blessings!

I know you mean it with good intentions... I don't like thinking of this plant as addictive. I think our behaviors surrounding it via the culture and usage is most definitely a culprit to addictive tendencies.

Yeah, lower temps for sure have more flavor. You're right though. I think the higher temps definitely make sure the all the cannabinoids have been used, leading to a deeper high. Blessings!

well i play a bit more but i think the 505 area is the bottom in temp

That’s a cool looking mutation.

there are other leafs like it on the plant? maybe the plant is no good and i should toss out or maybe it has super
mutation in potency get me too high .. lol what you think

Back
Top Bottom