Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Just want to point out that mowing your plant doesn't eliminate the pollen. Wetting it will.

i want to smoke n grow good marijuana .. garbage to the garbage eh! mold hermies spidies what ever..
GMP good manufacturing processes

Beautiful squishes and capsules WH! I like the text-free walk through the process. :thumb:

I am annoyed we don't have a magnetic stirrer sponsor here ;), but what I'm really surprised at is that anyone can charge $775 for a 1br/1ba efficiency anywhere in Texas. :eek:

Except maybe right next door to A&M or UT Austin!
I bought a magnetic stirrer with a heater first worked only twice and then found this One same brand as our ph meters . My baby brother only charges $750 and there all 2 bed 2 bath and he doesn’t want to run his renters off by charging more ! He can still make the taxes even though it went up 20% and makes a great profit plus there paid for !

I'm just pointing out that you haven't eliminated the pollen by running it over with your lawn mower. More likely that you spread it all over the yard and your clothes, and possibly on the wind into your tent. Water is what deactivates pollen, not horsepower.
the ground is damp wet.. not worried about it...

Got the Dabpress yesterday evening. Read the books, put it together and set it up.
This morning I put 6 grams of small buds in the cylinder mold and made a puck. Put the the puck in a filter bag. (it wasn't a tight fit), and cut the bag giving myself enough room to fold it over completely.

Turned the heat on to the plates set to 190F and let it get to temp.
I put a cut and folded piece of parchment paper and put it into the press.
Then put the filter bagged puck into the press and pulled the plates down to contact and let it set for a minute.
Then I started applying pressure to the plates until things seemed to come to a close.
Released the pressure on the plates and returned them to standby position.
Removed the parchment paper and removed the puck and saved it to "spent jar."
Turned off power.
Removed rosin from parchment paper. ( It wasn't that easy and the rosin seemed to get on things I didn't want it too.) :rolleyes:

I did the same thing again and turned the heat up to 200F. Seemed to work the same.
I did a little better getting the rosin off the parchment paper and didn't get as much on my hands the 2nd time.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (1).JPG

6gr Black Domina. Making a puck
Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (2).JPG

6gr Black Domina Making a puck

Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (3).JPG

6gr Black Domina, 1st puck
Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (4).JPG

6ton Dabpress, heating up the puck
Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (5).JPG

Black Domina rosin just starting to flow
Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (6).JPG

Just released pressure on Dabpress on it's first press. 6gr Black Domina

Rosin BD 6gr 1st press (7).JPG

Black Domina rosin, 1st press from 6gr of small buds

Rosin BD 2nd press (4).JPG

2nd press of 6gr Black Domina flower at 200F instead of 190F.

i think ( i dont see the problem) do you have a cold plate? very important to collect rosin

put rosin paper on the cold plate then scape off easy...

also let your bag warm up with little pressure for 60 seconds then bring the pressure for a 2 more mins..

rectangular 2 x4 mold makes perfect pucks for the 2 x4.5 bags..... u can press 14 grams np maybe even 18grams max..
u get less loss of rosin this way .. in the bag.. more per squish..

I don't have a cold plate but do have silicone pads.
I put press one parchment paper in the frig. while I was pressing the 2nd run. Then I removed from frig. It was hard for a while but softened up as I was trying to stick it to the tool. I just got it on my fingers.

How do you get coating off the tools when most has been put in silicone containers?

I just put the silicone container in the frig. The container has multiple separate spots to put rosin.

I put press one parchment paper in the frig. while I was pressing the 2nd run. Then I removed from frig. It was hard for a while but softened up as I was trying to stick it to the tool. I just got it on my fingers.

How do you get coating off the tools when most has been put in silicone containers?

I just put the silicone container in the frig. The container has multiple separate spots to put rosin.

order up the cold plate from dab press .. put the parchment and rosin on the plate and scrape off .. easy

worth the 30.00 100 times over.. or try using the back side of a frying pan for now... :) out of freeze after a few minutes..

i clean up small mess with alcohol wipe pads .. i clean the scraping tool off on a rolling paper just warm it up a bit..
then add some weed and smoke It..

I bought a magnetic stirrer with a heater first worked only twice and then found this One same brand as our ph meters . My baby brother only charges $750 and there all 2 bed 2 bath and he doesn’t want to run his renters off by charging more ! He can still make the taxes even though it went up 20% and makes a great profit plus there paid for !

Laboratory hot plates all have a magnetic stirring dial.. get lab grade

did you try the back of frying pan? as a cold plate...

did you try the back of frying pan? as a cold plate...
I tried a metal plate from the freezer. I also tried rolling the tool head on the soft rosin and that seemed to work the best for me. Then I just pulled it off the tool by squeezing the tip of the tool with a silicone mat.

I tried a metal plate from the freezer. I also tried rolling the tool head on the soft rosin and that seemed to work the best for me. Then I just pulled it off the tool by squeezing the tip of the tool with a silicone mat.
and did the metal plate work for you ?

love my cold plate

I ordered a rectangular mold and a pack of 160 micron bags. So I will soon have 120 and 160 micron bags and two molds, a rectangular and a tube style.
I have done six runs now.
1st two- 6 grams
2nd two-7 grams, bag blowout
3rd two-6 grams
So the way I'm pressing it, 6grams works best.

I'll try different amounts with the rectangular mold when I get it.
So far, I've set the temps. at 180, 185, 190, 195, and 200F. I haven't noticed any great difference in rosin.

I ordered a rectangular mold and a pack of 160 micron bags. So I will soon have 120 and 160 micron bags and two molds, a rectangular and a tube style.
I have done six runs now.
1st two- 6 grams
2nd two-7 grams, bag blowout
3rd two-6 grams
So the way I'm pressing it, 6grams works best.

I'll try different amounts with the rectangular mold when I get it.
So far, I've set the temps. at 180, 185, 190, 195, and 200F. I haven't noticed any great difference in rosin.

i press 14 grams 1/2 oz no problems ever... ive gone as high as 18 grams .. u save a bit this way same wastage
8 grams or 18 rosin is left in the net of filter ...

dont freeze the cold plate just make it cold .. 5 mins in the freezer is lots.. pratice ..

i bought raw parchement paper on amazon works ok and is less expensive..

i like the taste of the 90 micron bag.. more left behind better quality rosin .. 4 x2 mold order up 4.5 x 2 filters..

I hear you on the larger presses. I think I'll do less each time for awhile. I kinda enjoy making it.

The rectangular mold I just ordered is 4x2 and the bags are 4.5x2 also. The 120 and 160 microns.

Back
Top Bottom