Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Congratulations! You’ll get better at it the more you do it. I also use a cold plate now. I used to keep an aluminum clipboard in my freezer, but now I have a cold plate that accepts those freezer bags. It works really well and I use it all the time. Some rosin (different cultivars) will react completely different to room temp vs. colder temps. I’m still pressing some Vanilla Latte.

Keep smashing that stuff ladies! :love:

Good stuff.
I will be doing four grows this season as opposed to past years with HIDs where I was only able to do two.

In the past, with two grows, I still had more than I consumed before the next harvest.

After pressing a few times, and storing the results in a silicone multi partition container in the frig. The rosin is hard and resembles amber and seems as if it would last years this way. I ask because it looks like it would be okay to make rosin with a good portion of a harvest after curing instead of letting it get old in the jar. Do you agree?

How long have you kept stored rosin in the frig and did it degrade or stay as fresh as the day it was made?

I am enjoying making it and smoking it. I just have to learn how to keep it off my fingers :rolleyes:

Good stuff.
I will be doing four grows this season as opposed to past years with HIDs where I was only able to do two.

In the past, with two grows, I still had more than I consumed before the next harvest.

After pressing a few times, and storing the results in a silicone multi partition container in the frig. The rosin is hard and resembles amber and seems as if it would last years this way. I ask because it looks like it would be okay to make rosin with a good portion of a harvest after curing instead of letting it get old in the jar. Do you agree?

How long have you kept stored rosin in the frig and did it degrade or stay as fresh as the day it was made?

I am enjoying making it and smoking it. I just have to learn how to keep it off my fingers :rolleyes:
I’ve frozen large amounts before—when I had an abundance of weed. What I did was coin-flatten onto silicone pads just the same as I do now, but there were many pads placed on top of each other. Then I put about 15 or 20 of them in a stack into freezer bags that were vacuum sealed and put them in the freezer. At the time—and this was several years ago—I left them in the freezer for about 5-6 months before I started using them. I would just take one pad out at a time with enough rosin on it for about 4 or 5 days depending on how much I hit it…I tend to hit it a lot. :cheesygrinsmiley: Anyway, keeping the rosin in a cool, dry place is a must. Be safe out there please. :love:

Went through what I have to work with till the next harvest comes in.
i've got about 100gr to make rosin with. 60%Black Domina and 40% Durban, and still have a qt. jar and a half of the largest Black Domina buds to smoke.
I also have a little hash left.
I may not have caught on well yet with the "doing dabs thing", but I get more out of hitting the piece of rosin with the fire right on it, rather than heating the nail and applying it after. My favorite way so far is to put a 50/50 piece of hash and rosin in the glass bowl and firing it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Went through what I have to work with till the next harvest comes in.
i've got about 100gr to make rosin with. 60%Black Domina and 40% Durban, and still have a qt. jar and a half of the largest Black Domina buds to smoke.
I also have a little hash left.
I may not have caught on well yet with the "doing dabs thing", but I get more out of hitting the piece of rosin with the fire right on it, rather than heating the nail and applying it after. My favorite way so far is to put a 50/50 piece of hash and rosin in the glass bowl and firing it up. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I place the piece rosin side up in the bowl and I think the rosin melts into the hash a bit.

hi guys i did this today for my brother visiting from a few thousand miles away .. gotten him very high he past out now

this rosin is awesum stuff.. best squish ive gotten from the bc god bud the 50 watts per sq ft of mixed light
really is producing 25% more rosin and much better buds that its really hard to squish em .. i make rosin
i smoke it all in 2 days vs if just joints last a week .. rosin makes me smoke more i get so high sometimes
i forget..

That's al lot of rosin. I am finding myself smoking about the same amount of times but I am more stoned in a couchloc way. Time just seems to slip away. :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Most of mine is from Black Domina which is a relaxing indica.

I will be gearing up soon, making more rosin. I'll probably squeeze most of the Black Domina I have left, and just start smoking the Hawaii Maui Waui even if it will not be cured. I'm ready for something new anyway. The Vanilla Kush less than two months from harvest so I'll be dealing with it too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Squeezed today.

12gr of Durban
6gr Durband and 6 gr outside grown Black Domina.

The mix is the darker one. The outside BD is even darker by itself.

Durban and Martha BD 24gr (2).JPG

Left Durban and Black Domina. Right Durban.

Squeezing 36gr Black Domina. I've got about 70gr more to squeeze before I start filling jars with the first of this years harvest.

Using 6t Dabpress, cutting 160 micron in half and putting 6 gr in each half and pressing two at a time, so 12gr per press.

Pressed three times at 190F.

sqz 36gr BD (1).JPG

6gr Black Domina to be pucked

sqz 36gr BD (2).JPG

the next 6grams waiting to be pucked

sqz 36gr BD (3).JPG

6 Black Domina pucks. To be pressed two a time

sqz 36gr BD (4).JPG

Each disc made from 12gr Black Domina

sqz 36gr BD (5).JPG

Each rosin disc made from 12 grams Black Domina

Back