Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Wonderful thread. Thank you I greatly enjoyed reading this one. Just started my first grow, plan is to press everything with canna plates and a 20 ton.... long ways to go though
I’ll be sitting back and watching this one!

Awesome! Glad you’re here @Stu and I hope you’re grow is a great one.

Hola folks...had a buddy drop by the house a few weeks ago with a little dulytek press...of course by the end of the evening I was hooked on the squish...

Having been lucky enuff to pull off a decent organic outdoor crop in my legal state (man progress can b great) which gave me a good amount of tasty product to play with, I decided I needed a press. Started pouring over the forums and with a limited budget and NO technical/manual skills to speak of, decided to order up the dabpress 3x7 caged plates....didn’t want to be worrying/messing with keeping hot plates in alignment and these looked like a pretty reasonable product at a good price.

To the question for you experienced pressers, how important is a gauge on the hydraulic pump? From reading a lot of the posts, my thought is that it would be critical to watch pressure change/drop as u heat the bag/puck so u can steadily reapply pressure to keep rosin flowing smoothly without pushing too hard and blowing out the material into the rosin but I hear a lot of guys recommending the harbor freight presses that don’t have gauges...am I overthinking the necessity/usefulness of a gauge?

Along those lines I have read folks suggesting not to go under the 20 ton press...if I was pressing a half oz or so on the 3x7 plates (if that’s not overloading them) would a 10 ton press (like the Dake with gauge) have enough pressure to really do the job? What type or quantity of material would I need to press to make it feel like the 10 ton is not adequate?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Quick update in case anyone is looking for a press....found a 25% off cyber Monday sale on the Dake ten ton bench press with gauge (my understanding is Dake makes excellent presses)...$292 & free shipping off Zoro site so bit the bullet n went with the 10T instead of 20T...sorry couldn’t wait for any feedback but sale ended tonite...now I am off to sit in front of living room window waiting for the dang delivery truck....

Back
Top Bottom