Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

That’s pretty much what I do. I fresh freeze my trim for the alcohol extract. Squeezing buds is just too easy.

That's the plan, I cannot wait to get pressing. My wife stopped at the dispo for some Rec stuff on sale today. Hate dispo stuff but will be good for practice.

When pressing how long do you wait until after harvest? When they go in the jars or would 24-48hrs after chop be ideal? It's so dry here. I need to start using those humidipacks.

Not so easy on the pocket book to get started.... there's a few dudes around here with presses. I just need to make some friends.....

The investment is steep but I'm sure it will pay for itself in no time. Finding clean concrete in the dispo is hard so to be able to quickly squish one of my pesticide free buds makes it worth it. Otherwise your paying top dollar for contaminated oil. The Return on investment is there though, especially if you have friends who like oil.

We were actually just talking about picking up a 12 ton press at HF this weekend for the garage. Convinced her we need it to run one of the Dabrigs caged setups on. But I figured I need more lights to grow more product before I worry about that. So we'll wait for now. I guess. Can't wait to see how you like their units Rich.

Just introduce yourself as Sir Dabsalot and you'll have all the friends one needs
Will do! And you're right rich. If rosin was around when I was building my BHO setup I would have opted for that.... and i can't speak for the herbs used. But i know mine are clean and the oil is well purged. Best part about growing and concentrating my own is there's no guess work as to if what I am consuming is tainted.

Haha. I really need one for a little bit of work on the Jeep and don't want to have to haul parts up to the old man's to use his so the more I think about it the more tempting it gets but I know I can't pick up the plates n controller for awhile. Unless I get some of these furnace changeouts I looked at last week. Then it will be sooner :thumb:

Haha. I really need one for a little bit of work on the Jeep and don't want to have to haul parts up to the old man's to use his so the more I think about it the more tempting it gets but I know I can't pick up the plates n controller for awhile. Unless I get some of these furnace changeouts I looked at last week. Then it will be sooner :thumb:
If you have another use for the press besides mashing weed then buying one is a no-brainer!

We were actually just talking about picking up a 12 ton press at HF this weekend for the garage. Convinced her we need it to run one of the Dabrigs caged setups on. But I figured I need more lights to grow more product before I worry about that. So we'll wait for now. I guess. Can't wait to see how you like their units Rich.

Oh hey TB speaking of HF the presses are on sale right now. They are having a huge 4/20 sale. The 6 ton isnt on sale but they have a 20% off coupon and that works for me. Its a 3 day sale but stuff always goes quick. Just a heads up.

Will do! And you're right rich. If rosin was around when I was building my BHO setup I would have opted for that.... and i can't speak for the herbs used. But i know mine are clean and the oil is well purged. Best part about growing and concentrating my own is there's no guess work as to if what I am consuming is tainted.

Now I understand, sounds like you already have a whole setup going. Yeah that would be a tuff sale on the wife LOL. Well maybe ITS was on to something. Tell her it's a business venture, pressing organic veggies as a Gerber baby food alternative. Lol you guys have me laughing out loud at work.

If you have another use for the press besides mashing weed then buying one is a no-brainer!

Agreed. But with no product to press it's a lot less fun. It'll get added eventually. I thought about just building a 6ton table top, getting the small plates and calling it good. But I know I'll want more so I'll just wait and do it right the first time.

Doing it right the first time???? Never heard of such a thing.... I'm like @Van Stank it's all about the adventure for me.... but it is nice to get it right the first try :p

Happy 420! Woohoo! I’m high!
Happy 420!!

I cut down two huge trees today......unfortunately they were really trees. Fig trees....... Oh well. Good things come to those who wait. OR IT BETTER!!!

Plus someone has to be straight to drive. You guys never get anywhere driving 15 mph.

That's the plan, I cannot wait to get pressing. My wife stopped at the dispo for some Rec stuff on sale today. Hate dispo stuff but will be good for practice.

When pressing how long do you wait until after harvest? When they go in the jars or would 24-48hrs after chop be ideal? It's so dry here. I need to start using those humidipacks.

Oops, sorry I didn’t see this. I prefer to squish properly cured bud. I think the flavors come out better after a good cure. However, you can squeeze it anytime it’s dry. It won’t be bad, I just think a cure helps. I’m also really picky. I tried fresh squeeze once and got a lot of green.

You’ll need to experiment with temps and pressure. Each strain has its unique squishing parameters it seems. I know my cheap-ass home made press is doing pretty good for what I need. Good luck bud.

Back
Top Bottom