Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

This one is a two plate setup. If you have two people you can squish at the same time.
Fashion New Design Rosin Heat Plates Affordable Price Best Gift Amazon

3x7 caged
Best Rosin Cube Kits With Dual Coil Heater Temp Controller For Sale

4x7 plates
dp-rp47 4x7″ Anodized Rosin Plate Kits Durable Rosin Press

Pop one on a 12-20 ton H frame press you'll be in dab heaven

My review:
https://www.420magazine.com/communi...-a-420-magazine-review-by-rich-farmer.447338/

Most use a filter bag to keep the rosin free of debris. Biggest I've seen is 7gram capacity, not sure if pressing a pound plus at a time is doable.

I'm in the process of deciding which plates / jack I want to purchase (I'm so excited!). I have some flower that I'd like to process before it degrades. Is pressing into rosin a good way to keep it long-term (a year or two)? I rarely smoke flower, mainly using what I grow for edibles. Rosin seems like a way to reduce the footprint and smell of flower. Does it keep well and is it easy to "cook" with? Thanks in advance!

I'm in the process of deciding which plates / jack I want to purchase (I'm so excited!). I have some flower that I'd like to process before it degrades. Is pressing into rosin a good way to keep it long-term (a year or two)? I rarely smoke flower, mainly using what I grow for edibles. Rosin seems like a way to reduce the footprint and smell of flower. Does it keep well and is it easy to "cook" with? Thanks in advance!

This stuff will keep in a freezer for quite a long time. I don’t know exactly because I keep dabbing it...:rofl: seriously, the smell is reduced considerably in the freezer too. I decarb this rosin and make olive oil caps all the time. You’ll love it. I use 95% of my bud for pressing rosin and do alcohol extraction for my trim. To decarb I put it in a silicone container in a toaster oven at 250F/121C. When it stops bubbling (about 10-15 minutes) it’s done. Then just mix that with whatever you want.

Is this pretty much the same thing as alcohol extraction, i.e. gives the same oil out, just without use of alcohol ( the high proof of which is hard to get here) ?

Correct. Very similar without any alcohol: Solventless extraction.

Sorry for not keeping up in here @Flower Mama & @nira I’ve been a busy old dude. I Had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery a few months ago too. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. :slide:

This is what I managed to squeeze this afternoon in about an hour (including letting the plates get up to temps. I used 8 grams of my Gorilla Glue. Enjoy!

8grams! Whew nice return. Showoff! Haha
:welldone:

I think I’m getting pretty good at this. It’s been an experiment and steep learning curve, but I’m getting it. I’m positive a better press (more evenly heating the blocks) would be beneficial. Although, my DIY blocks are doing okay. I’m quite content...

Here’s a few pictures to show the difference between my Rosin pressing and the Everclear extractions.

On the Left is the alcohol extract (extracted about 2-3 weeks ago) and on the right is the Rosin I pressed yesterday:

The Everclear extract is stable and will be used to make olive oil capsules in a few days:

The Rosin is goo, but tastes pretty good to me:

Both of these extracts are very potent and taste pretty good if dabbed. I prefer dabbing the Rosin and using the EC extract for caps or edibles.

PEACE!

Thanks for the comparison photos and explanation of the difference between the two. This weekend I'm planning to try an Everclear extraction (using your instructions) on some flower I have from last October. I was going to do it last weekend but couldn't find any dry ice in the small-ish town I live in. Argh!

If i wanted a commercial press or something that could press maybe 50grams at a time, where would i start? I would need it shipped to a UK address so that matters also.

Good stuff....

That would be killer! I made my press and blocks so I don’t know much about commercial presses. 50 grams at a time would be very cool to watch. Please video that if you get it going. Please tell us what press you go with too.

Back
Top Bottom