Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Like @nobodyhere stated, it’s easy. I did stop smoking flower for quite awhile. Not because I didn’t like flower; rather, because it was easier to hit after my open heart surgery. Tiny hits and stoned for hours type thing. Also—like nobodyhere said—the smell of weed diminishes considerably all around when just hitting rosin. Smoking weed is very similar to smoking tobacco in the sense that it stays with you...clothes, hair, furniture, etc. Rosin doesn’t have that same effect.

Shatter and wax are normally made from butane (BHO) or alcohol extractions. Rosin is just heat and pressure. No solvents are used. There are some who say terpines are not kept as well, but I don’t have any issues with the taste of rosin whatsoever. It’s like candy IMO.
:thanks::thumb:

Is this going to ruin smoking flower for me? LOL

Absolutely not. I still love smoking flower, and am about to roll a fat pineapple express blunt for tonight (before I tuck my wife in after her one hit). I am not really dabbing large amounts, so a normal sized joint first of the day will get me good and blazed (at this point in time). I have had times where my tolerance was so high it would do nothing.

Sidenote - Yes Fragile on vinyl right now.

Can you go hog ass wild pressing and dabbing your entire stash in 72 hours? Yeah, prob if your 12 years old. But your not really new to smoking.

I am a functional stoner. I was in junior high, high school, then could not for work purposes for a bit, anyway, I like to maintain a level of buzz throughout the day that correlates to what I am doing that moment.

You will still like the joint or sesh when you have time for that. But when you dont have time, take a dab. Or, if you just want to get to a 3rd dimension of stoned-ness well, you have that option. There is also an argument that dabbing is better for your lungs, but that depends on quite a few variables and is a discussion for elsewhere. I absolutely will not smoke in my house and will take toes of those who do, dabbing into the carbon filter is permissible, and I have had a few outside of the closet to no ill effect.

Thanks for the great explanation of how to hit rosin. I've been thinking about getting a press and a set of plates and give it a try. Just didn't know what to do with it once I had it. I was just going to break a small piece off and pack it into a bowl but I'm wiser tonight so i thank you guys.

Thanks for the great explanation of how to hit rosin. I've been thinking about getting a press and a set of plates and give it a try. Just didn't know what to do with it once I had it. I was just going to break a small piece off and pack it into a bowl but I'm wiser tonight so i thank you guys.
See....F'in Magic!

I’d probably hit that...

What up grandpa ? Just received my dab press wed. I pressed a few bags of flower and kief. I used 160 micron for flower and 90micron for kief . What temps do you find good for flower/ kief ? I pressed my flower at 180deg. Got budder like finish for flower and shatter like from keif .Oh and im running 6ton press duel .
heating plates .

What up grandpa ? Just received my dab press wed. I pressed a few bags of flower and kief. I used 160 micron for flower and 90micron for kief . What temps do you find good for flower/ kief ? I pressed my flower at 180deg. Got budder like finish for flower and shatter like from keif .Oh and im running 6ton press duel .
heating plates .

All caught up GT. I had to read this thread with one of my kids bibs on my mouth was watering so much. I need to get in this gang and get a press. Anybody squeeze multiple strains for rosin cocktails? Bet you could create some crazy hybrids.

20190220_163850.jpg
20190222_164839.jpg
20190222_165539.jpg
20190220_145238.jpg
heating plates .

Yo! Congratulations! That looks very nice. You’re going to have to play with temps a bit to get it right. My blocks don’t heat the same as yours. My thermocouple reads only one block yadda-yadda...anyway, it appears you are in the ballpark with the temperature. I also find that different strains have slightly different temps too. I’ve never really squeezed Kief so I’m not the guy to ask on that either. But, wow! That stuff looks amazing. I’d probably hit that too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

LMAO!

All caught up GT. I had to read this thread with one of my kids bibs on my mouth was watering so much. I need to get in this gang and get a press. Anybody squeeze multiple strains for rosin cocktails? Bet you could create some crazy hybrids.

Cheers! Glad you like it.

I mix when I do alcohol extractions, but I’ve never tried blending rosin. That might be worth an experiment... :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom