Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I have a 6 tonne shop press grandpa, I will try the winder on mine but if it sucks, mount in 6T and for $360, plus a press I rarely use and already owned.... Mega cheapy! Cheap dual control gear and plates with bolts to mount...

Hey Buddy, I love the lite color of the press.
I am beginning to see the difference in color depending on the press time/temp.
That was actually at the same temp I typically squeeze. 210*
I just happen to read that someone recommended doing it while the buds is fresh. So I gave it a shot.
My other squeezes are typically older material that I rotate based on age and appearance. I think it has a lot to do with the age of the buds (oxidation) and temp.
My goal is to build up a bunch and vacuum seal and freeze for long term storage.

I’ve got to get some golden grain, my smash jar is full. It’s time to see what a wash can recover.
:passitleft:

For anyone interested, Mr. Greengenes is the guy I watched on YouTube which inspired me to DIY my own press. His original build video was taken down by YouTube, but he uploaded another one. This video explains, very well, how to build your own rosin press. In the description he even gives links to all the parts. If you’re the slightest bit handy you can do this. Enjoy!

Thank God you didn’t post that until after I bought mine. I would have been like Macgyver with a pack of gum and a toothpick trying to build plates... Anything to save a buck. :laugh:

2 weeks until Harvest...2 weeks until press arrives...
Just finished watering, I wanna press some of this.....

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

:ganjamon:
She’ll be a good squisher... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yesterdays squish, Barneys Farm LSD, been in jars since August 18, so plenty cured. Will be doing some cheese that is dried but not cured, been in freezer since harvest in early April.

14 grams = 2.5 grams, 18% return

14 grams Barneys Farm LSD full buds
20190525_161329.jpg

Same broken up for making puck.
20190525_161549.jpg

Just a squishing, dark caramel.
20190525_171106.jpg

The bounty!
20190525_171000.jpg

Yesterdays squish, Barneys Farm LSD, been in jars since August 18, so plenty cured. Will be doing some cheese that is dried but not cured, been in freezer since harvest in early April.

14 grams = 2.5 grams, 18% return

14 grams Barneys Farm LSD full buds
20190525_161329.jpg

Same broken up for making puck.
20190525_161549.jpg

Just a squishing, dark caramel.
20190525_171106.jpg

The bounty!
20190525_171000.jpg
Nice squeeze! Try 7 grams and see if you can improve your return. I noticed a slightly worse return when I get above a single 7 gram puck. For 14g, I’ll make two 7g pucks. And don’t forget a second squeeze. I’ll bet you could pick up another 0.5g. That should put you around 20%.
Yeah I need to try freezing some bud and see how it goes.
Also has anyone tried just tossing the bud in a bag and squishin? The same amount, just not in a puck...

Nice squeeze! Try 7 grams and see if you can improve your return. I noticed a slightly worse return when I get above a single 7 gram puck. For 14g, I’ll make two 7g pucks. And don’t forget a second squeeze. I’ll bet you could pick up another 0.5g. That should put you around 20%.
Yeah I need to try freezing some bud and see how it goes.
Also has anyone tried just tossing the bud in a bag and squishin? The same amount, just not in a puck...

Thanks Bobby,
That is exactly what I did, two 7 grams pucks pressed separate from one another.
I think it is mayby too dry, though there are 62% Boveda packs in the jars.

Loose bud was how I started, but can't comment on yield.

That’s how I started. I just packed a bag full of bud and squished. Then, some smart guy mentioned pre-pressing and I noticed more returns. Then, @Rich Farmer (on page 1) mentioned Bottle Tech and I got even more returns.

I have a 6 tonne shop press grandpa, I will try the winder on mine but if it sucks, mount in 6T and for $360, plus a press I rarely use and already owned.... Mega cheapy! Cheap dual control gear and plates with bolts to mount...

After I built my plates I originally had them on a 6-ton that I already had in my shop anyway. Then, I saw the harbor freight 20-ton on sale and thought, “why not?”. I just moved the plates to the new press. Now I still have my 6-ton for shop stuff...I used it as my pre-press until I started doing bottle tech. LOL!

Purple Kush was described as being smokey and heavy. I don’t find that to be the case. It might be the smoothest and cleanest taste I’ve had in a while. I’d better hit again before I endorse this... plus I wanted to dust off the ol bong and give the herb a go.

Click below:

Have a safe Memorial Day y'all!

To the one's who didn't return.

:peace:

Nice work Grandpa, got to admit I did dry ice extraction years ago, and I didnt like the taste or texture of it. The rosin looks awesome as always though.

Dont know about Grandpa Brian but I used a 160micron bubble hash bag on a 20L bucket...few,light shakes over glass..about a cup full of ice to 4-6oz.

Correct me if Im wrong Grandpa, or maybe theres a better method now....

Back
Top Bottom