Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Finally

I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow
IMG_20190624_180412.jpg

Do a puck press make a big difference over just packed buds??

I have done both and prefer the puck. JMHO!
I compress my pucks to 1/2 inch with the DabPress puck maker, they fit perfectly into the DabPress bag. I remove the stitched end and cut the bag in half and it make for the perfect size for the 1/2 inch puck.
20190508_120248 (2).jpg

20190508_120438 (2).jpg

20190508_120533 (2).jpg

Do a puck press make a big difference over just packed buds??

If you have one...squish that shit. If you don’t have a pucker maker...squish that shit anyway!

What do you put it in while in the oven. I am ordering a silicone measuring cup set this week with bowles.

I bought one of these 22ml containers:

1 Dab Container Silicone Large 22ml Silicone Dab Jar, Non Stick Wax Container 1 Dab Container Silicone Large 22ml Silicone Dab Jar, Non Stick Wax Container

You probably need a silicone jug... :rofl:

Dont worry Chris, I have no puck press, and until other day, no puckin bags.. Lol.
I have to do packed in buds for now.
Was doing just pressed buds.
Oh by the way guys....your missing out if you dont trim around edges of your rosin puck after pressing and save for joints, just outer thin bit....lot of goodies trapped in it.

I bought one of these 22ml containers:

1 Dab Container Silicone Large 22ml Silicone Dab Jar, Non Stick Wax Container Dab Container Silicone Large 22ml Silicone Dab Jar, Non Stick Wax Container

You probably need a silicone jug... :rofl:

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Your probably right!

I have a batch of those 22 ml jugs/jar, think I bought 10 of them.
How much are you doing per batch, would 10 ml boil out of that container?
I think I will try that method also, I am going to try the Pyrex in boiling water with my Rosin first. I really liked that method but I thought that to decarboxylate Rosin or oil it had to be above 220 for 45 minutes, hey I read it somewhere so I take it with a grain of salt. I will be nice if it works with that boiling water method.
Just did another gummy for the night time and a couple of dab's of Cheese.
Oh shit, this is probably old news to you guys but distillation is cool. 99% pure, and the flavor and aroma terpenes can be added back in. Need to try some and I may get too and a week or so. Going to Austin for a visit, see friends, hear some music, eat some good BBQ and drink a few beers. I heard about the distillation process from a friend their and he has some "Pure"!

:rofl::laugh::rofl:
Your probably right!

I have a batch of those 22 ml jugs/jar, think I bought 10 of them.
How much are you doing per batch, would 10 ml boil out of that container?
I think I will try that method also, I am going to try the Pyrex in boiling water with my Rosin first. I really liked that method but I thought that to decarboxylate Rosin or oil it had to be above 220 for 45 minutes, hey I read it somewhere so I take it with a grain of salt. I will be nice if it works with that boiling water method.
Just did another gummy for the night time and a couple of dab's of Cheese.
Oh shit, this is probably old news to you guys but distillation is cool. 99% pure, and the flavor and aroma terpenes can be added back in. Need to try some and I may get too and a week or so. Going to Austin for a visit, see friends, hear some music, eat some good BBQ and drink a few beers. I heard about the distillation process from a friend their and he has some "Pure"!

I normally only decarb a few grams at a time. It’ll work in the boiling water method, with a glass, but it just takes longer. In the oven it usually stops bubbling in 15-20 minutes. But those are with small batches. I’ve never tried a bucket-o-rosin. Not that I wouldn’t. :high-five:

Already have my head spinning on a DIY puck press

Should be better than just loose buds

What I do often is fill the bag with small broken-up and de-stemmed bud pieces. Then, I flatten the bag between 2 big flat pieces of metal (2 BFRs will work) using my body weight. What you’re looking for is a flat, even, rectangular bag. It’s real easy.

Cheers Grandpa, was wondering about bags, have a press hopefully later, try thesez bags, do I just fold end over?

What I do often is fill the bag with small broken-up and de-stemmed bud pieces. Then, I flatten the bag between 2 big flat pieces of metal (2 BFRs will work) using my body weight. What you’re looking for is a flat, even, rectangular bag. It’s real easy.

Old minds think alike....lol

I had a pollen press, and the Dabpress press in my Zona cart...hell can get the pollen one tomorrow (today)

Dicked around, searching other stuffs..went to checkout...uggggg now it's Wednesday..canceled it

As I did searches thought of a 3/4" PVC coupler, might work, quarter fits in it..

Then after seeing peeps just hand pressing in parchment or the bags I figured that's the easy way to go

Got some small landscaping blocks that should work great

Bench is getting set up now, who needs reloading space when I can press gooey goodness
IMG_20190625_062244.jpg

Ok my 1st puck. 3/4" PVC coupler, 1" I'll get next trip to Store

2gr of fruity Jack.

Plan is to do this at 200f. I'll then do some Candida since I have some Slug.33 of it

Then maybe try 180f and then 225f

Bags and tool kit show later today, so just parchment pressing

Any tips????

Should I drip it, or stand vertical and just press that way

Fun fun fun
IMG_20190625_072905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom