Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Hi Folks - I would really appreciate some help with this new press that we received. The instructions are poorly written (attached) and I have no idea what the little red button is as it is not mentioned in the instructions. This will be our first ever foray into to pressing rosin - really excited. If anyone has experience with this or a similar press, please chime in. Namaste. hedz
941D0200-3564-4F03-8BDC-F8A488F84D53.jpeg
F4AB37A4-58BC-4BEB-9CF4-AEB90FF26AD6.jpeg
BAFC38CD-B6ED-4E03-ACDF-DD209E1087CC.jpeg
0C4DA1EC-EEB0-432A-8A2F-5990F05E689F.jpeg
BC88092E-AEF3-41A6-8082-81B02FD099FC.jpeg

It looks like it has a built-in countdown timer, that's initiated by the red push button. (para 2.4)
Instructions for setting the timer are in para 2.2.

Flash her up, and give it a try.

It looks like it has a built-in countdown timer, that's initiated by the red push button. (para 2.4)
Instructions for setting the timer are in para 2.2.

Flash her up, and give it a try.
Hey Old Salt, thanks for the quick reply. I just got it installed in a cabinet to keep it away from prying eyes. Using my hole saw for the plug in the back and will have it up and running tomorrow and I’ll definitely re-post regarding the timer. Also, note the built in security system in front of the cabinet.
CCB22C98-17EC-49B9-8607-3A48E9C3CC28.jpeg
8EDB3C77-2183-4BA4-A635-3C5CA65122F5.jpeg

Hey Old Salt, thanks for the quick reply. I just got it installed in a cabinet to keep it away from prying eyes. Using my hole saw for the plug in the back and will have it up and running tomorrow and I’ll definitely re-post regarding the timer. Also, note the built in security system in front of the cabinet.
CCB22C98-17EC-49B9-8607-3A48E9C3CC28.jpeg
8EDB3C77-2183-4BA4-A635-3C5CA65122F5.jpeg

I'll bring some steak to bypass the security system.

Looks really nice. Give us some squish pictures please.

Where are those squish pics mpofos lol
Well, as usual life happens. Had a lot to do yesterday. I did, however manage to make a squish. The photo of it is embarrassing - I've never let that stop me. So I pressed a couple of small buds of Durga Mata 2 CBD which was far too dry so I put a humidity pack in the jar and will try again. I prefer to practice on this which we grew over a year ago, and I didn't want to sacrifice any of our primo bud until we get halfway decent at this. By the way the dog would likely eat the steak for sure - he prefers chipmunks and squirrels. Thats why I worm him twice a year.
Anyhow I did not like the press in the cabinet - went and got a put together microwave stand and bolted it to the top. Spent the day putting the stand together and bolting the press to the top. Will regroup and try again tomorrow. I checked the temp gauge with a meat thermometer. Temps are true. I did the press at 97 celcius (+/- 207 Fahrenheit for 90 seconds). I've also ordered resin bags (a variety of microns, as I have about 8 grams of keif that we've been saving up to press).
For tonight, I hear a gorilla calling my name. cheers! hedz

MNGvR9F2TKS07YKvleBn5g.jpg
mmCxIw0aTvmT7PGaWKoDRQ.jpg
p0Y+H5x9SAuIJY%tTRIrxA.jpg
2Ax+ADS0QLmavWco8dAKVQ.jpg

Wish I had my press up and going I would press my Bruce banger .

Was bored yesterday evening after eating a couple (ok, a few) gummys. I decided finally try THCA separation. I had squished a bit of my Gelato harvest earlier in the week, the result was around 4g of rosin, which I separated out 1.73g of THCA. I used the cheapest 25µ bags I could find, a 10 pack from Rosin Tech on amazon. The flower was pressed in Press Club 90µ.

I only ran it 130-190°f so I might try and take the big piece and press it again @ 220 to try and purify it a bit more.

For others who have done this before. Did you melt it down afterwards to get it clear and then let it harden back up to break into 'diamonds'? I took a bit and put it in a glass container and left it on the plates @ 190 but It never did anything. It might have got a bit soft, but that's it. Smoke report to follow shortly :bongrip:

IMG_6451.JPG
IMG_6453.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG
IMG_6455.JPG

I finally got off of my butt, and squeezed a little...

full

Nightingale Squished

The source material was light and larfy. It wasn't sticky at all. I got what I got. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Anyhow I tried batch processing. I cut and folded the parchment, then cut the bottoms out of the bags, and cut then in half. Next I measured out the flower, and formed the pucks. This was done yesterday. I used 1" / 2,5cm clamps from the dollar store to hold them together overnight. That worked well. This morning the pucks met the press. Once that was compete, I gathered the rosin. I like this a lot better than doing everything for a puck squeeze individually.

Stay tuned, another squish tomorrow or the day after. It depends on whether or not I can get the pucks made tonight.

Stay tuned, another squish tomorrow or the day after. It depends on whether or not I can get the pucks made tonight.

There's no way I'm going to get the pucks made tonight. We were supposed to get light flurries this afternoon. What we got was four inches (10cm) of wet heavy snow, that changed to rain. It's supposed to freeze tonight, so it was out shovel and snowblower. It took an hour and a half to clear it. Normally I'd have taken a couple of breaks, but if I came in I would not have been able to go out again.

I did your exercise today Grandpa. Can you feel the burn?

Back
Top Bottom