Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

There's no way I'm going to get the pucks made tonight. We were supposed to get light flurries this afternoon. What we got was four inches (10cm) of wet heavy snow, that changed to rain. It's supposed to freeze tonight, so it was out shovel and snowblower. It took an hour and a half to clear it. Normally I'd have taken a couple of breaks, but if I came in I would not have been able to go out again.

I did your exercise today Grandpa. Can you feel the burn?

I wish you’d come clear my driveway too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn, that's why I live where I live, 25 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico. I hate cold weather with a passion. We plan on moving even further south soon.

I hate cold weather!!!!!!! :)
:rofl: :laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

:passitleft:

Damn, that's why I live where I live, 25 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico. I hate cold weather with a passion. We plan on moving even further south soon.

I hate cold weather!!!!!!! :)
:rofl: :laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

:passitleft:

Guess I'll take the southern route to get to Grandpa's.

Guess I'll take the southern route to get to Grandpa's.

Come on down, just made a new batch of gummy's 59 mg/gummy, do 4 in the evenings. Also made a fresh batch of brownies @ 96 mg/one inch square. Just did two and very mellow right now. Did 6 yesterday and got just plain ol' fucked up!
This all comes to the maintenance/wellness dose I prefer, 200 to 250 mg.

The brownies must be working, I made me a tall gin and tonic about the same time I took the brownies, about two hours ago. just looked at the glass, ice melted and more than 3/4 full.

I'm sore today, but I pressed on anyway...

full

Sapphire Scout and V.C.D.C. Squeezings

Most of us know that a cold plate helps collect the rosin if it is sticky. What about if it flakes, and tries to get away? I thought if cold works for the sticky, heat should work for the flaky rosin. I heated up my cast iron frying pan, and turned it up-side down. Putting the parchment with the rosin on it, made the rosin easy to collect. Just take the flaky parchment off the frying pan when the rosin gets too sticky,

Has anyone tried "Dixie PIZ121 White 35lbs Parchment Silicon-Treated Pizza Sheet, 12" Length x 12" Width" for pressing rosin? They are on Amazon at $80.23 CAD (about $60 USD) for 1000 sheets. Cutting them in half would yield 2000 sheets suitable for 3" x 5" plates at a cost of 4¢ CAD or 3¢ USD each.

They are also available as Dixie 27S14 27 lbs Parchment Silicon-Treated Pizza Sheet, 14" Length x 14" Width. I think they are a little too narrow to cut in half for 3" x 7" plates.

Has anyone tried "Dixie PIZ121 White 35lbs Parchment Silicon-Treated Pizza Sheet, 12" Length x 12" Width" for pressing rosin? They are on Amazon at $80.23 CAD (about $60 USD) for 1000 sheets. Cutting them in half would yield 2000 sheets suitable for 3" x 5" plates at a cost of 4¢ CAD or 3¢ USD each.

They are also available as Dixie 27S14 27 lbs Parchment Silicon-Treated Pizza Sheet, 14" Length x 14" Width. I think they are a little too narrow to cut in half for 3" x 7" plates.
I will look at those.

Do you know if it's better or equal to "SLICK PAPER" silicone release paper?
I can verify that SLICK PAPER works really well.

Parchment paper, even the silicone impregnated style will absorb some of the tepines, lipids waxes, etc.

Oil Slick is a different product, that is made entirely from Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE aka teflon). Oil Slick does not absorb any of the terpines, lipids waxes, etc.

If you look in the online malls, you'll find other less expensive versions of Oil Slick.

Edit: Check bhogart dot com. They have a 14″ x 720″ (35.5cm x 18.3 meters), 0.07mm thickness, made from pure virgin PTFE for $99.95 USD.

Parchment paper, even the silicone impregnated style will absorb some of the tepines, lipids waxes, etc.

Oil Slick is a different product, that is made entirely from Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE aka teflon). Oil Slick does not absorb any of the terpines, lipids waxes, etc.

If you look in the online malls, you'll find other less expensive versions of Oil Slick.

Edit: Check bhogart dot com. They have a 14″ x 720″ (35.5cm x 18.3 meters), 0.07mm thickness, made from pure virgin PTFE for $99.95 USD.

I think I'll go with this. It should be re-useable. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom