Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

It's a good thing I only go to about 2 tons then. :rofl:
I'm not saying 20 tons is the only way. I'm saying what you said was inaccurate.
Slick Paper can and does become impregnated by all the stuff you listed under normal squishing, based on real world experience. I'd call it more resistant, that's all.
:high-five:

I think the important question here is if the parchment will leach silicon(e) into your rosin? Or other shit(e).

I'm always wary of stuff like this, which is partly why I stick to plain parchment. Also, for long-term storage I only use glass containers.

Updated the journal today. Hope to get some squishing in early next week.
Day 43 of 12/12

Triple Cheese, two out of the four.
20200213_092626 (2).jpg 20200213_092752 (2).jpg

Ayahuasca Purple
20200213_084712 (2).jpg

Group shot
20200213_103318 (2).jpg

Got time for a 2-4?

full

Today's Press: A 2-4 of Candida

I pulled the trigger on the Terp Proof. Cost is $125.96 CAD for sixty feet. Cost of Oil Slick is $61.10 CAD for four feet. I might be able to squeeze twelve sheets for the press from the roll of Oil Slick at a cost of $5.09 per sheet. I can get 120 sheets for the press from the roll of Terp Proof, at a cost of $1.05 per sheet. USD prices are roughly 3/4 that of the CAD prices.

full

Is the issues, yer all finding, is the parchment tearing or blowing out, or stuff sticking to much
Or both???

I'm looking for a quality product at a low price for 6" wide by 12" - 14" long sheets. I can cut rolls if the size isn't available. Currently I'm using a 12" wide, 33' long roll of silicone parchment costing $20 CAD (30¢ / sheet). It's not bad, but buddery rosin sticks to it and can be difficult to recover. It's also strictly single use, as the terpines/wax/lipids are pressed between the fibers.

I'm hoping the Terp Proof can be re-used multiple times, and releases the rosin more easily.

Is the issues, yer all finding, is the parchment tearing or blowing out, or stuff sticking to much
Or both???

All of the above .. raw seems to give me the least problems :)

All of the above .. raw seems to give me the least problems :)
I use RAW in the rolls, seems pretty good for me and I don't use bags

Now the sticking is an issue, but not terrible

I'm trying to quit drinking beer so been smoking much more so I'll be squishing more soon as well

Hey thanks @incogn1to
I've tried to press kief with my first 1500 pound press and it was a disaster( just a brick of spent hash) so I am hestitant to try it again ...hoping someone can tell me if they have ever separated the thca in Kief specifically to make diamonds .. Or if it is more of a bud thing .,
Depends on how much you have to press you can also make sauce n diamonds by putting your rosin in like a 4oz Mason jar put it in the oven 220 for 30-60min depends on strain and amount and then put it on a sauce plate or heat mat even for about 4-7days but also depends too of course sometimes it's sooner and there u go do not open the jar until it is done and ready or it will not work....and then there's the rosin in a 25-36um bag I've also heard to do it at 130-140f for 60sec, 160-180f for 60sec, 210 for 60sec or temps of 130-140,160,180,200,210 do those for about 30-45sec ea but can vary as well...also you can add another piece of folded parchment when the puck gets very flat to give it some more cushion for the pushin lol... however i have not tried it this way but I will be giving it a try soon... although first I will be doing sauce n diamonds just stalking up on a decent amount to make actually and make it worth my while which I should be ready after this weekend..and time to get saucey n diamonds

Another 2-4 for you!

full

Today's Press Results

I tried a few different temperatures, keeping the time and pressures used the same. There was a difference in consistency at different temperatures. The rosin extracted at 190°F was closer to shatter than the rosin extracted at 210°F. I saved the silicone sheets to try re-using them.

Depends on how much you have to press you can also make sauce n diamonds by putting your rosin in like a 4oz Mason jar put it in the oven 220 for 30-60min depends on strain and amount and then put it on a sauce plate or heat mat even for about 4-7days but also depends too of course sometimes it's sooner and there u go do not open the jar until it is done and ready or it will not work....and then there's the rosin in a 25-36um bag I've also heard to do it at 130-140f for 60sec, 160-180f for 60sec, 210 for 60sec or temps of 130-140,160,180,200,210 do those for about 30-45sec ea but can vary as well...also you can add another piece of folded parchment when the puck gets very flat to give it some more cushion for the pushin lol... however i have not tried it this way but I will be giving it a try soon... although first I will be doing sauce n diamonds just stalking up on a decent amount to make actually and make it worth my while which I should be ready after this weekend..and time to get saucey n diamonds

I was successful doing it starting at 100 and doing short low temp presses Increasing the temp about 20 degrees at a time . It wasn't worth the effort for me in the end . Ill just use my keif to spice up trim to wash for rso in caps ..namaste!

I was successful doing it starting at 100 and doing short low temp presses Increasing the temp about 20 degrees at a time . It wasn't worth the effort for me in the end . Ill just use my keif to spice up trim to wash for rso in caps ..namaste!
Ya you need to have quite a bit for it to be worth the while and all..which is why I'm also going the jar route ya it takes longer but it's also better too and easier to do.. now if you have a bunch of hash or a bunch of flower to press and drip it into the jar and to the oven or sauce plate it goes....and nice diamonds are gggrreeeat too..

So I'm I like the only person who has a digital gauge for my press as it is a must have esp for consistency too and it was well worth the $59 that's for damn sure..as the 14,000 psi gauge mine came with is just insane to say thee least and between each line is 250psi change like ya good luck with that one...which problem solved with a digital one and why no company has them that comes with one..unless it's a pure pressure or something that's all digital...I have no clue but I'm soooo glad I bought it as the one it came with just was not going to work for me period so replaced it was yesssss yessss..so I would highly recommend you guys do the same you will NOT regret it...
Also if you guys have a weird size plates that you cannot find a pre press mold for or do not want to pay 300 for one....there's a few different companies on Amazon that makes them and they will custom make you any size you need and cheap too as for mine I need a 2x6 i.d mold and on Amazon I found them custom made from 38-95 but China made and with the virus they are closed atm so I have to wait for a few weeks to a month they said but it will be worth it in the end....but until then I got a 30mm round puck mold that does the job for bottle tech pressing..but def not paying 300 for one thats for damn sure....stay squishy
IMG_20200215_092722.jpg
IMG_20200213_111913.jpg
IMG_20200205_093120.jpg

So my buddy wants me to try his press out, was wondering if it is any good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 17
Back