Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

180* Grandpa Glue
Just because...
:drool:
5C8DF0D5-0FC7-48B0-A86C-FCB1E5C60FEF.jpeg
A6311177-C74E-46D8-8ABD-6A3AC83219BF.jpeg

I tried re-using parchment today. That was a learning experience. It's very difficult to remove the rosin from the area where the old puck was. It sticks to what was pressed into the parchment during its first use. It should be ok if you get the pucks for the second press exactly where the ones for the first press were.

I don't know if this is also true for teflon film. I'll try it when mine arrives later this week.

I bought some A4 sheets of parchment from amazon I think I paid £25 for 50 sheets. Its the silicone coated stuff. It’s been fine to use but I did feel a little ripped off as to me it looked exactly the same as normal baking parchment. Since I’ve ran out of that paper I’ve been using a 8 metre roll I bought for 87p from the local supermarket and honestly I can’t tell the difference. I know this goes against the grain as most here like to use the oil slick paper which I’m not knocking I just can’t justify paying those price’s.

I bought some A4 sheets of parchment from amazon I think I paid £25 for 50 sheets. Its the silicone coated stuff. It’s been fine to use but I did feel a little ripped off as to me it looked exactly the same as normal baking parchment. Since I’ve ran out of that paper I’ve been using a 8 metre roll I bought for 87p from the local supermarket and honestly I can’t tell the difference. I know this goes against the grain as most here like to use the oil slick paper which I’m not knocking I just can’t justify paying those price’s.
LOL! I just bought a huge roll of the baking parchment too; from Costco. I actually chuckled to myself thinking I can use this roll for an entire year...for pennies. I actually started squishing with this exact same parchment. Hopefully it’s not laced with coronavirus. :nerd-with-glasses:

I bought teflon film in the hope that it would be re-useable. The price just jumped by 50% due to taxes and custom clearance costs imposed by the courier.

A 14" x 60' (35.6 x 182cm) roll cost 125.96 on Amazon. Taxes, and customs clearance added another $57.34 CDN for a total of $183.30. It will be cut down to 6" x 14" strips for my press, so each sheet will cost $1.53 CDN. If I can re-use it five times, it will still be less costly than the silicone coated parchment I'm currently using.

I bought teflon film in the hope that it would be re-useable. The price just jumped by 50% due to taxes and custom clearance costs imposed by the courier.

A 14" x 60' (35.6 x 182cm) roll cost 125.96 on Amazon. Taxes, and customs clearance added another $57.34 CDN for a total of $183.30. It will be cut down to 6" x 14" strips for my press, so each sheet will cost $1.53 CDN. If I can re-use it five times, it will still be less costly than the silicone coated parchment I'm currently using.
I really am interested. Id love to be able to reuse.

LOL! I just bought a huge roll of the baking parchment too; from Costco. I actually chuckled to myself thinking I can use this roll for an entire year...for pennies. I actually started squishing with this exact same parchment. Hopefully it’s not laced with coronavirus. :nerd-with-glasses:

I don't worry about coronavirus, I drink Dos Equis! :)

Lasting affects :rofl: Just put one down !
Do u do decarb at 240 for more cbn etc for more couch lock for the capsule and your next batch will you do the same 240 temp and for how long did you do it for ? U ever consider a glass jar w a lid instead of the silicone containers?

I tried re-using parchment today. That was a learning experience. It's very difficult to remove the rosin from the area where the old puck was. It sticks to what was pressed into the parchment during its first use. It should be ok if you get the pucks for the second press exactly where the ones for the first press were.

I don't know if this is also true for teflon film. I'll try it when mine arrives later this week.
You can also flip it and use the opposite side so that's no longer a issue as ya I agree it's a bitch getting off...I'm using black label parchment bleached ultra 55lb right now however curious about fea and PTFE so will see if those do the same...Also I find it better to move the puck to a different area if you can instead of in the same place...

180* Grandpa Glue
Just because...
:drool:
5C8DF0D5-0FC7-48B0-A86C-FCB1E5C60FEF.jpeg
A6311177-C74E-46D8-8ABD-6A3AC83219BF.jpeg

I would throw away all your silicone containers.
They are not airtight and only good for a week or less for storage.
Get some small flat glass containers that have a seal in the lid to keep air out.
Your rosin will love you and you will love it even more!

That rosin looks :snowboating::snowboating::snowboating:

I pressed some UK cheese my buddy grew the other day and did some study on what gives you the best return as in doing single pucks per press vs bottle tech and putting them next to each other and I found when you have them right next to each other they have no place to expand to so I been leaving about a inch between the pucks and I found it's definitely the way to press for getting the most out of your presses and all the presses I did was with the same pressure and heat and pucks same size which ive also found 3-4g pucks is where it's at anything more and it won't fully compress like it should and u will loose yield by doing so ..So a thinner puck is the way to go I've found ...That digital pressure gauge I have does wonders as I can dial it in just perfect for every press and keep it all the same vs a 250psi jump per line on a analog gauge good luck with that one just not possible....I paid $59 for my gauge it does 3600psi max I did find a 10,000psi gauge for the same price too but I haven't went above 2500psi anyways and that's gauge pressure not bag pressure

I would throw away all your silicone containers.
They are not airtight and only good for a week or less for storage.
Get some small flat glass containers that have a seal in the lid to keep air out.
Your rosin will love you and you will love it even more!

That rosin looks :snowboating::snowboating::snowboating:

Stack the silicone containers in a mason jar. ;)

You guys rock! Inspired me to squish some BCP. Enjoy! :love:

Daam man that looks like some fire ass dabs for real nice job. I got myself some BCP growing as well rite nw. An from the looks of things there i definitely gotta try an press some of mine once its done. Cuz that looks super fire indeed oh man its got me :drool: lol i bet its super tastey.

Had a first squeeze of some Northern Lights x Big Bud tonight. Waxed up straight away.
4D56C34D-B742-42A1-ABFF-849F12ADB45F.jpeg
4EBB5272-3491-472F-A9A6-690F39ED1B32.jpeg

Hey this press looks like a nice one does it need to be hooked up to an air compressor or anything. I wana get one that doesnt require the need to be hooked up to an air compressor. Jus plug into an outlet an go is tht how this one is? If so where did u get it if u dnt mind me askn cuz im lookn to get myself one one of these days lol. I was lookn at some awhile back but they needed air compressors an i dnt got one that is mine so didnt end up gettn it lol. But if i can find one tht jus plugs into an outlet ill be good.

Daam man that looks like some fire ass dabs for real nice job. I got myself some BCP growing as well rite nw. An from the looks of things there i definitely gotta try an press some of mine once its done. Cuz that looks super fire indeed oh man its got me :drool: lol i bet its super tastey.

Hey this press looks like a nice one does it need to be hooked up to an air compressor or anything. I wana get one that doesnt require the need to be hooked up to an air compressor. Jus plug into an outlet an go is tht how this one is? If so where did u get it if u dnt mind me askn cuz im lookn to get myself one one of these days lol. I was lookn at some awhile back but they needed air compressors an i dnt got one that is mine so didnt end up gettn it lol. But if i can find one tht jus plugs into an outlet ill be good.
This would be a better option you can hook up a digital gauge to it unlike the one you posted which uses a cheap bottle jack....
10 Ton 3x5 Inch Hydraulic Heat Press Machine
1665089737515.png

However I would ask them to do quad heating rods so there's 2 per plate is the way to go..and yes it's hydraulic so plug and play....however a air compressor you plug in as well.....but hydraulic is much more quieter that's for sure

Hey @Blazinjones, The press I use is a Dabpress 6 Ton and doesn’t need a compressor it’s just a bottle jack you crank by hand. It’s plug and play. I’ve had mine for a while now and it’s a great piece of kit for the home squisher. There are a few of us here using the same press or Dabpress products and I’m sure they are as impressed as I am.

This would be a better option you can hook up a digital gauge to it unlike the one you posted which uses a cheap bottle jack....
10 Ton 3x5 Inch Hydraulic Heat Press Machine
However I would ask them to do quad heating rods so there's 2 per plate is the way to go..and yes it's hydraulic so plug and play....however a air compressor you plug in as well.....but hydraulic is much more quieter that's for sure

I'm not convinced that a more accurate pressure meter would allow us to apply more consistent pressure on the plates. Yes, we'd get a more accurate measurement of the pressure applied. I think it would be difficult to repeat the pressure within 145 PSI, or 1 MPa on the meter, which translates to 290 PSI, or 2 MPa on the plates. This is for the higher pressure readings of 5000 PSI or 35 MPa and above. Note that these pressures provide only five tons or 70MPa of force at the plates. A longer handle on the pump, or different pump would do more to improve the accuracy than a different meter.

Back
Top Bottom