Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

#1 blow out , mistake of compressed puck heard it pop .
#2 190 degrees actually 178 top plate , 183 degrees bottom plate . Came out a touch milky look !
#3 set to 200 degrees actually 189 top plate and 193 bottom plate. Came out clearer .

The third had the WW smell , second one was like no smell ?

Completed harvest of the Triple Cheese and Ayahuasca Purple, about 23 zips of trimmed smokable buds and about 8+ zips of untrimmed buds going directly into making FECO/CCO.
Now as soon as they open the beach back up I am going to go fishing and camp for I don't know how long. Have been binging on fishing show for over a week and it's making me crazy. Good thing I have not been watching cooking shows or better yet murder mysteries, LOL
Anyway I'm done, can check it out in my journal.

1585016425452.png

So I decided to make 4 more pucks weighing 1.4g each with my other bud I call ducks foot. Yielded half the amount. Ran at 190 for 4 minutes again. Might try doing two minutes next time and 3.
D57A1763-AF71-42DF-A41B-F72655DB31DA.jpeg

And as for the smoke I prefer the mint more, smells exactly like the bud. Flavor smokes very well. A nice clear buzzing high. The ducks foot has a earthy berry smell and has a interesting flavor as I don’t know how to describe it. id compare it to the blueberry muffin flavored nicotine vape I tried once. Spoiler, not a big fan of the flavor prefer the mint more:volcano-smiley:

Hey guys a quick question what’s a good syringe for oil on amazon? Would like something that can dispense very thin strands for joints or a Thai stick or cannagar, an example I found on the web I want to go at this beast myself. Just to say I made one stoner spirit XD
3AE81F74-645A-498D-A69B-430EAE6A808E.jpeg

Also how do you store rosin, and how long does it last before losing potency? Haven’t done much research myself in the topic yet. My buddy left his press here. Would like to know answers to these questions before delving further with squishing.

Hey guys a quick question what’s a good syringe for oil on amazon? Would like something that can dispense very thin strands for joints or a Thai stick or cannagar, an example I found on the web I want to go at this beast myself. Just to say I made one stoner spirit XD
3AE81F74-645A-498D-A69B-430EAE6A808E.jpeg

Also how do you store rosin, and how long does it last before losing potency? Haven’t done much research myself in the topic yet. My buddy left his press here. Would like to know answers to these questions before delving further with squishing.

Rosin does not flow easily at room temperatures, and will cool quickly in a syringe. It will need to be heated to flow at all through a syringe. I'd stick with a low capacity oral syringe of 1-3cc. You can try a 14ga blunt needle, but I suspect it won't be very useful.

I was looking at the blunt needles also, but thought of how strong the consistency is some where in between honey/syrup and super glue. Might have to fill one of those with some counter top syrup and see how that goes first

I was looking at the blunt needles also, but thought of how strong the consistency is some where in between honey/syrup and super glue. Might have to fill one of those with some counter top syrup and see how that goes first

The reason I suggest the smaller syringes is the smaller surface area of the pistons. The force per sq in will be much higher than the larger ones.

Grandpa T, I've made an observation about dabs and thought I'd share it here on your thread instead of making a different thread. I did this because you already get a lot of traffic and I want to see what all the dab fans out there have to say. I can delete it if you want. Lemme know. Thanks.

So after another run of squishing for a couple of weeks I have confirmed what I thought when I was squishing last fall. Now this is just me and I'm not claiming it works like this for anybody else.

So, while dabs do get me nice and high, I will say the high is very "clean" compared to straight flower. This is also influenced by the strain of course, but generally (for me anyway) dabs produce a much cleaner high. Does anybody else seem to notice this when comparing rosin to flower?

Grandpa T, I've made an observation about dabs and thought I'd share it here on your thread instead of making a different thread. I did this because you already get a lot of traffic and I want to see what all the dab fans out there have to say. I can delete it if you want. Lemme know. Thanks.

So after another run of squishing for a couple of weeks I have confirmed what I thought when I was squishing last fall. Now this is just me and I'm not claiming it works like this for anybody else.

So, while dabs do get me nice and high, I will say the high is very "clean" compared to straight flower. This is also influenced by the strain of course, but generally (for me anyway) dabs produce a much cleaner high. Does anybody else seem to notice this when comparing rosin to flower?
Sure, the description will vary, but every method of consumption has a different effect on me. I prefer rosin and edible oils. I don’t think I have smoked flower this year. :roorrip:

Sure, the description will vary, but every method of consumption has a different effect on me. I prefer rosin and edible oils. I don’t think I have smoked flower this year. :roorrip:

With my COPD I am now doing 90% edibles. I have not been able to do much rosin or herb at all. I am considering selling my rosin press. Thinking of going back to making FECO with Everclear I can make more oil with FECO than I can with rosin.
I hate selling it but considering.

With my COPD I am now doing 90% edibles. I have not been able to do much rosin or herb at all. I am considering selling my rosin press. Thinking of going back to making FECO with Everclear I can make more oil with FECO than I can with rosin.
I hate selling it but considering.

I'm not a fan of using solvents, although ethanol would be my second choice after CO2. My reasons are safety, and the cost of ethanol here in Canada.

If you have a MBM, you could squeeze without the filter, and then do an infusion using the pucks and coconut oil.

Smoking weed is something I enjoyed until my body couldn’t take the smoke for some reason. I still crave a good joint every now and then. However, dabbing rosin doesn’t hit my lungs as much as green and I enjoy the high very much. Win-win! Anyway, nowadays I jump between dabs and edibles daily.

I just squished this a little while ago...

Back
Top Bottom