Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Firing mine up right now

Malawi x Purple Haze
0404201152.jpg
I have 2 ask Whats up with open top bags? I have seen this a few times . Does it help anything more return? I would think it would make the finished product be contaminated . Just asking maybe im missing something. And congrats on the smashing. :passitleft::cough:

2 oz White Widow tips yields 10.29 grams Rosin
1 oz Dosidos yields 4.02 grams Rosin she didn’t want to come off the slick paper !
2 oz WW larf yields 4.57 grams Rosin
The single larf I squeezed at 4000 psi burst .
Second squeeze busted but didn’t make it to the rosin .
Overall I see 250 capsules 100 out of the with 8 grams of the tops , then the other 2.29 and the 4.57 will mix with it for the second 100 capsules and last but not least the 4 grams of Dosidos will go in with 50 capsules. All will be with EVOO and lecithin.
The smell of the Dosidos when pressed was awesome andI already know what the WW taste like you can smell it to when pressing also but not the slap when the Dosidos takes off with that odor. Like going to a flower shop !

I'm doing it for me. I want to speed up my press runs as I squish everything at once for capsules. A 38mm mold should cut the length of my squish sessions in half, and be cheaper than custom filter bags. I squish twenty or more 7gm pucks a day. There are also some changes and additions I want to try. My Sherline lathe is really too small to handle the material, so I need to contract out at least the rough machining. Another option would be to stop using the bags at the press, and filter the final rosin / oil mix for the capsules That may be the way I end up going with. Bagless pucks may also give me larger yields as I won't have 20 bags covered with rosin that I don't currently recover. Processing them with alcohol is not an option for me.
Salt, are/were you a machinist? I ran a machine shop for a few yrs. It was much more fun when I was just a machinist. All the middle management crap sucked all the fun/life outta that job. I really enjoyed machining.

Great looking rosin guys, gotta ask.

Is there a brand of parchment you recommend? Reynolds its giving me tears and bleeding through.

Also parchment vs PTFE? Seen that it can be hard to take rosin off the ptfe
@BobbyZ got me on the oil slick paper and I hadn’t looked back !

+1 on the oil slick paper. I have 3x5 plates and the oil slick paper is great. Cut it in half and you get two presses per sheet. A lot of times you can use it twice. I love the stuff!
Tried that cutting in half , one big mess when you squish 14 grams at a time!

Great looking rosin guys, gotta ask.

Is there a brand of parchment you recommend? Reynolds its giving me tears and bleeding through.

Also parchment vs PTFE? Seen that it can be hard to take rosin off the ptfe
I’m still using Raw parchment, and Kirkland parchment (Costco cheap) because I have several rolls left. Plus... I’m cheap as heck. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom