Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I wonder if he was able to walk after that amt of Rosin in one sitting. :)

:passitleft:
Hard to walk when you are floating! I love this addition to joints. I normally vape my rosin but will be making capsules soon based on the info here.

When I want to smoke though I will be throwing in rosin, in my joints or blunts. Next, I want to do Pineapple Express and PE rosin joint. I want raw papers before then but I got the itch to squeeze!

Have a great night everyone! I hope the sun is shining on you and your garden:yahoo:

Hard to walk when you are floating! I love this addition to joints. I normally vape my rosin but will be making capsules soon based on the info here.

When I want to smoke though I will be throwing in rosin, in my joints or blunts. Next, I want to do Pineapple Express and PE rosin joint. I want raw papers before then but I got the itch to squeeze!

Have a great night everyone! I hope the sun is shining on you and your garden:yahoo:

I too love joints, COPD has me in it's grips but still enjoy my daily joint's. Been thinking, can I add a bit of alcohol and spray the Rosin/Alcohol over the papers then allow the alcohol to evaporate then roll a joint with that.
Ok, I know, I did cannabutter with my my homemade potato bread toast this morning and for dinner had elbow mac with cannabutter to go with my meatloaf, to the mind is working overtime today.

@incogn1to quick question, your descarbing the rosin and then mixing it in veg oil right? I'm just checking because I have never decarbed rosin before and want to make sure I do it right. I'm thinking decarb rosin, put in oil, keep on low heat for a long time, go to space?

@incogn1to quick question, your descarbing the rosin and then mixing it in veg oil right? I'm just checking because I have never decarbed rosin before and want to make sure I do it right. I'm thinking decarb rosin, put in oil, keep on low heat for a long time, go to space?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The veg oil is just to heat the measuring cup that contains the rosin. After it's decarbed I take it off and let it cool down then infuse it into 1/4c of coconut MCT oil @ 160°f. I use an 1/8th of a cup of the infused oil to make 75x2ml gummys.

I now decarb my rosin in a toaster oven for 30 minutes. I used to just wait till it stopped bubbling, but I’ve found it gets better with a little more time under tension. I keep my oven at 240F and it seems to work well. After decarb, I mix with EVOO. Spaceman!

Sweet! Love the idea of the toaster oven. I can set that up in the porch so I can decarb discreetly without making Mrs. Modest's kitchen smell like a dispensary. Last question for you experts, do you use lecithin in your mix? I used to make coconut oil from flower a lot and never used it but if it helps with potency, I'm always down to try new things. Thank you all for the info!!!

Sweet! Love the idea of the toaster oven. I can set that up in the porch so I can decarb discreetly without making Mrs. Modest's kitchen smell like a dispensary. Last question for you experts, do you use lecithin in your mix? I used to make coconut oil from flower a lot and never used it but if it helps with potency, I'm always down to try new things. Thank you all for the info!!!
Exactly why I use the toaster oven...away from the house...wife doesn’t like skunk. I’m weird...I like skunk and fish. :cheesygrinsmiley: Tacos too!;)

I also use lecithin. It’s a great binding agent.

I made some capsules today, using lecithin for the first time. This is what I used:

full

Virgin Coconut Oil and Liquid Sunflower Lecithin for Capsules

FYI: I like working with weight rather than volume. To do this I needed to get the specific gravity for the lecithin and coconut oil. Coconut oil has a SG of 0.925, and Liquid Sunflower Lecithin has a SG of 1.04.

The ingredients for 100 size 2 capsules are:
2.5 gm CBD Cream & Cheese rosin (flower = 18% CBD, 22% THC)
1.5 gm Granddaddy Purple rosin (flower = 20% THC)
29.5 gm Virgin Coconut Oil
7.8 gm Sunflower Lecithin

The calculated result is capsules with about 28 mg cannabinoids, 20 mg THC and 8 mg CBD.

I haven't been around much. Covid and the recent nearby massacre have accounted for most of my time. Last night we lost six aboard a locally based helo while engaged in exercises in the Ionian Sea. That's going to take a bite as well, since I'm still fairly involved with the military personnel.

Can we have a do-over from, or reset back to last October? I'll gladly shovel the driveway rather than deal with all this crap.

I squeezed some Pineapple Express this evening. I used my cylinder prepress in the vice and squeezed a super tight 9.1 gram puck. I'm not sure if the vice or the extra tight packing does anything but I was happy with the turn out! I haven't weighed any of my results to calculate yield. It's always too sticky and I'm too lazy but I know a good amount is going into a Pineapple Express joint to wind down this evening. Have a fantastic weekend Grandpa and friends!
20200430_231408.jpg
20200430_230000.jpg
20200430_231727.jpg

I can’t stress this enough.. in my experience after you have combined your final product with the lecithin cover and refrigerate it for 24 hours and then let it come back to room temp before filling your caps ..the result is a much more evenly mixed and bonded product . Sending good vibes to @Old Salt ❤️

I use sunflower lecithin, same stuff as @Old Salt posted. I add it after the infused oil has cooled down. I used to add it while infusing, but someone, I forget who, mentioned it works better when at room temp.

For anyone who doesn't know what @Old Salt is talking about RE the massacre: 2020 Nova Scotia attacks - Wikipedia

I use sunflower lecithin, same stuff as @Old Salt posted. I add it after the infused oil has cooled down. I used to add it while infusing, but someone, I forget who, mentioned it works better when at room temp.

For anyone who doesn't know what @Old Salt is talking about RE the massacre: 2020 Nova Scotia attacks - Wikipedia

It’s gotta sit , and chill after being mixed in , then remixed when you bring it back to temp.
It results in a completely different texture and you can physically see it blended better after resting in the fridge until it solidifies , ( generally 24 hours) and then coming back to room temp.
Dunno why? But it’s an important step in my experience.
Namaste!

I can’t stress this enough.. in my experience after you have combined your final product with the lecithin cover and refrigerate it for 24 hours and then let it come back to room temp before filling your caps ..the result is a much more evenly mixed and bonded product . Sending good vibes to @Old Salt

The problem is that the final product solidifies in the fridge. At room temperature, it's a paste. It needs to be heated above room temperature to liquefy it and load the capsules.

The problem is that the final product solidifies in the fridge. At room temperature, it's a paste. It needs to be heated above room temperature to liquefy it and load the capsules.

Nope ? Not in my experience.. it’s a liquid honey texture with no visible particles .. Hmmm

I find it liquifies after about an hour or two at room temp ( 65-70 degrees) are you using liquid lecithin or granules? I tried granules.. only good for MB machine .. liquid only for caps ...
4CB1F785-B876-4D25-8476-AAB96143A2B1.jpeg

I used the liquid lecithin, the same brand as you've shown. The virgin coconut oil, and rosin are solids at room temperature. I put the mix in the fridge last night. Today I turned the beaker upside down for half an hour after removing it from the fridge, and the mix stayed stuck on the bottom of the beaker.

I use a 16 ga dispensing (blunt) needle on a 3cc or 5cc syringe to load the capsules.

Back
Top Bottom