Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I ordered a thermocouple panel connector for the magnetic stirrer/hotplate. I had to go through e-Bay as the North American seller has a very poor ratings on Amazon. Two of the three retailers have negative ratings of 50% or higher. The third has a positive rating of 100%, but is located in Thailand. Unless the item is shipped by Amazon, I always check seller ratings.

You people are freaking awesome! If you got questions about rosin—or anything for that matter—let it rip. I love my Rosin! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's just fucking beautiful! It looks like Amber. Hot any mosquitoes caught in it? We could bring back the sabertooth tiger with that mosquito!

Alas I see no preserved mosquitoes caught in your amb-- I mean, rosin.

Wow. It looks delicious.

I'd love to get into pressing my own rosin but first I'm trying to learn how to grow properly so that I can have something to press! Right now, pickings are slim.

One thing I wanted to know about rosin was whether it needed to have a particular humidity level before pressing. Seems to me that it would be difficult to squeeze any real amounts of liquid rosin when your bud is 100% dry. I mean, it's hard to get blood from a stone, am i right?

Please inform me. I'd be very grateful.

All my best,
~Magnus

That's just fucking beautiful! It looks like Amber. Hot any mosquitoes caught in it? We could bring back the sabertooth tiger with that mosquito!

Wow. It looks delicious.

I'd love to get into pressing my own rosin but first I'm trying to learn how to grow properly so that I can have something to press! Right now, pickings are slim.

One thing I wanted to know about rosin was whether it needed to have a particular humidity level before pressing. Seems to me that it would be difficult to squeeze any real amounts of liquid rosin when your bud is 100% dry. I mean, it's hard to get blood from a stone, am i right?

All my best,
~Magnus
Most of us use the bestiva 62% packs in the jar . Plus I bring the room humidity down to 52% it’s what my inkbird is set at for the building.

Wow. It looks delicious.

All my best,
~Magnus
I keep humidity packs in my containers. I’m squishing year-old bud and still getting great results. I like moist...

My goo :love: ‘s me!

Just when I thought indoor growing was my favorite new hobby, it's about to get better with pressing what I grow, I am testing my Cinderella today and all I can say is I am glad I don't have to leave my yard today lmao, can't wait to try it off the press :p

I keep humidity packs in my containers. I’m squishing year-old bud and still getting great results. I like moist...
My buddy has a 5 ton press, I had some outdoor from fall of 2018, kept in Mason jars with humidity packs, he pressed 30 grams and got just over 5 grams of rosin, I was very happy with that.

What do you think Grandpa Tokin do I have some rosin material, this is my rockstar, the trics fattened up nice last couple nights, I think I'm cutting them tomorrow night.
20200531_230742.jpg

20200531_230810.jpg

20200531_230613.jpg

Just a modest trichome farmer here following up with my rosin joint progress.

I warmed up the silicone mat and the little silicone container of rosin on the lower heating element of my dab press only for a bit to soften it up. I then spread the softened rosin on the joint paper on the heated mat. Still looks messy but it was way better.

White widow rosin and northern lights flower. Have a great night everyone!
20200604_220739.jpg
20200604_221500.jpg

That BCP looks super tasty! I hope you are having a great weekend GT and friends!!

I just started tinkering with a new idea curious to hear any thoughts or advice. I made some CBD rosin for my wife and decarbed the rosin and puck and then let it sit in warm honey over night.

I am making kombucha and was looking for a sugar for the second ferment which creates the carbonation to make the drink bubbly. I decided to throw some CBD honey in. I think I am going to try this with some higher THC rosin if the logic checks out.......thoughts? I will also do some research now but it just sort of came to be.

20200607_163150.jpg

Hey GT and friends! I smashed some BlackBerry Kush, this will be going into honey and in the rest of my kombucha. This was an auto I grew on my last run that didn't do fantastic but the flavors and effects were nice.Not to mention a nice purple jam :slide:
20200608_223157.jpg

20200608_222457.jpg

20200608_222813.jpg

Quick question we get cbd oil and take separate . Why couldn’t I use the cbd oil with my rosin instead of coconut and evoo ?
I see no reason why not. So decarb rosin and mix with the cbd oil.

Back
Top Bottom