Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Ok now, I had a chance to do another squish. This time with some Stankberry. My pre pressing tool didn't come or the bags or any paper so I just made my own path.
By taking a piece of 2 inch pvc pipe and making two wood plugs for ends and a large C clamp.
Filled the pipe with weed
Capped both ends and pre squeezed to form pucks, Wish it was 1 1/2 instead, oh well.
And placed it in the new rig
Ending up with a nice press, no drips though, an area of weed came out too. I folded it and pressed again for a little more

Sure was fun! 190f with 40 second touch warmup and a slow pump ending at 3 minutes
Efffffing Aaaaaaa!!!! You made my heart flutter with that DIY. Possibly a minor crush moment.. just let it happen.

That all looks awesome man! Great press in my book. Looks like it will be tasty. I was trimming last night. I cannot wait to get my space cleaned up and start doing all the pressing I have planned. Lots of GSC to carry me through the winter.

Ok now, I had a chance to do another squish. This time with some Stankberry. My pre pressing tool didn't come or the bags or any paper so I just made my own path.
By taking a piece of 2 inch pvc pipe and making two wood plugs for ends and a large C clamp.
Filled the pipe with weed
Capped both ends and pre squeezed to form pucks, Wish it was 1 1/2 instead, oh well.
And placed it in the new rig
Ending up with a nice press, no drips though, an area of weed came out too. I folded it and pressed again for a little more

Sure was fun! 190f with 40 second touch warmup and a slow pump ending at 3 minutes

hi.. u lost gue in the flower itself .. the round pucks are harder to fit in a bag .. its very important the puck fits
the bag real snug.. if not u get movement and expansion ..

enjoy lots of time to practices pressing and puck making ..

Efffffing Aaaaaaa!!!! You made my heart flutter with that DIY. Possibly a minor crush moment.. just let it happen.

That all looks awesome man! Great press in my book. Looks like it will be tasty. I was trimming last night. I cannot wait to get my space cleaned up and start doing all the pressing I have planned. Lots of GSC to carry me through the winter.

you got lots .. im always running out fast .. starting to worry again not enough in the cupboard ..

lucky new grow on the way early 2022..

took a few more pictures in series of the puck making and pressing i do..

hi.. u lost gue in the flower itself .. the round pucks are harder to fit in a bag .. its very important the puck fits
the bag real snug.. if not u get movement and expansion ..

enjoy lots of time to practices pressing and puck making ..
I can see it still has goo in it. Still waiting for bags and a pre press box.
I press pucks ....... it gets to be like doing a Rorschach test.:)
They all look the same to me Odjob!

I have to visit and see! Congratulations! That should be a flavor bomb!
took a few more pictures in series of the puck making and pressing i do..

That's a beautiful press! I'm going to like having bags and a box!

I HAD to make some time to squish something. Thankfully, I have plenty to choose from right now. Mainly GSC buy I also got some nuts nugs gifted to me from a local Big Sur grower. Some OG Kush from what I was told. I'm not well versed enough in the varieties to tell the difference.

Anyway, GSC #8 first.
90 micron bags at 190° for just over the 3 minute mark. Still squeezed a bit too hard on the first one. Ended up doing two runs on this one and was still decently clean. Not much of the material escaped.

And now some tasty Big Sur "OG"

Also, just to set the record straight about slick paper competitors i have tried. The paper I posted a screenshot of before, the Dulytek, is far better than the one that costs twice the price from "the club that likes to press". Did you understand the riddle in the quotes?? $30 for 4170 Sq in. compared to $13 for 5040 Sq in. Yeah! It is thicker and I could easily do a double press on it without tearing. The expensive one will be at the bottom of my bin for emergency use only. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Blessings and smiles from the Baked fam.

I

481153B2-29F1-4A11-8167-1E10F1A0E952.jpeg

i thought worthy of a post
The drip yes! The paper...NO! I'm ripping out what little hair I have left looking at that paper knowing how frustrated I would get withing about 30 seconds. Haaa haaa How long did it take to collect? Is thar just raw parchment paper for regular baking?

The drip yes! The paper...NO! I'm ripping out what little hair I have left looking at that paper knowing how frustrated I would get withing about 30 seconds. Haaa haaa How long did it take to collect? Is thar just raw parchment paper for regular baking?
I use similar paper with little issue on collecting, it is in the center where the puck is sometimes it tears from pressing for me
20211026_222136.jpg
20211026_222926.jpg

WHAT S wrong with my raw paper... it works ... collecting varies depending on the rosin composition

i can get 3 or 4 uses out of same paper .. but sometimes i get rips.. not often do i lose rosin

i saw some parchemnt paper for sale at walmart 2.99.. a roll

mine looks better but 19 a roll i paid..

can you post pictures with your comments so we can see what your yaking about?

If it works for you, that's great ! Just curious how long it takes to collect that much? The bulk of my squeezes seem to please pretty easy. When it comes to collecting the rest of the little bits on raw paper...fogetta about it!

I'm just saying there is no way I'm going back to raw paper. I paid $13 for the super slick. Seconds versus minutes to collect. That is what I think is wrong with that paper. I have been watching some of the higher end press company videos or tutorials and they nearly all use some type of super slick paper. Just wanted to encourage you guys to make the switch and keep your hair. That's all. Not meaning to come off like a jerk. Sorry if that's how it came off @deltadubie

If it works for you, that's great ! Just curious how long it takes to collect that much? The bulk of my squeezes seem to please pretty easy. When it comes to collecting the rest of the little bits on raw paper...fogetta about it!

I'm just saying there is no way I'm going back to raw paper. I paid $13 for the super slick. Seconds versus minutes to collect. That is what I think is wrong with that paper. I have been watching some of the higher end press company videos or tutorials and they nearly all use some type of super slick paper. Just wanted to encourage you guys to make the switch and keep your hair. That's all. Not meaning to come off like a jerk. Sorry if that's how it came off @deltadubie
I went through the Wilton parchment ,that was hell getting off . Myself I’m stuck on the slick paper! All of my harvest is finally in jars (3days) so 11 more days before I squish anything . I have two chill plates that are by my side as soon as it comes out of the press with a silicone cup waiting on the scale to get the weight.

I made a squeeze! Got a drip kind of and everything!
Started out pressing 8 grams of Black Poison Skunk.
Slid it into a bag and into the press it went.
Another 40 second warm touch and three minute press.
First press
Second press @one minute
Hmmm, guess I didn't scrape and show. I weighed it and got 1 gram out of 8 I started with. Tonight's the night!

First press
Second press @one minute
Hmmm, guess I didn't scrape and show. I weighed it and got 1 gram out of 8 I started with. Tonight's the night!
Niiiiiiicccceee!!!! Looks delicious. I just smoked on some budder I pressed and it feels amazing. Not only the feeling of growing and processing my own flower and rosin, but the overall flavor and experience of doing it ourselves. Your post brought a big ass smile on my face dude. Stoked for you!

First press
Second press @one minute

do you have a cold plate to scape the rosin off paper .. put paper on cold plate then scape off..

12.5% 1/8th is a very good return on 1 press.. should give us exact weights and measures..

some bud presses only 5% some much more .. 20% press could be 5% water..

u will see.. over cook some in your press 4 mins will be much dryer and brittal just to try ..

i got around 2.45 mins and release pressures.. at 195 and 6000lbs.. i should try just 5000s sometime..

i can see rosin coming out sometimes at 2500lbs on my guage..

ive only used raw paper it is slick for sure ... its very slippery .. its a pain putting puck in press inside the folded paper
the tea bag slides around on me.. which is not good .. u got to get the tea bag positioned right on the press
with the filter bag folded over the top to seal.. .. its slippery ..

so i guess super slick is more slippery then ..

so press clean off in a min others 2 mins.. thats all.. if i do have trouble i go to the freezer chill plate and paper

Back
Top Bottom