Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

It’s a lovely morning here. I’m still hitting the fitness trail daily. Today was 240 pushups during my hour-long walk. I start with a short warmup by stretching using a band and a few sets of ab work. I start the workout with 20 pushups and then jump right on the treadmill. I’m now walking at 3.6 mph for the entire hour. Every 5 minutes I get off the treadmill and do another set of 20. It kicks my old butt, but (hahaha) I’m in fairly good shape now...for an old crippled dude. My weight is now 174.8 lbs. Down from 285 lbs!!!

I had to attend an event this past weekend where I hadn’t been since my heart attack two years ago. I hadn’t seen many of those people for quite awhile. More importantly, they hadn’t seen ME in quite some time. Everyone that had known me 2 years ago was shocked...some were almost speechless! It was a very pleasant experience to know that what I’ve been doing has really paid off. I had several people ask me (almost pleading for help), “how did you do it?!” Every one of them looked disgusted when I replied with, “simple diet and exercise.” It was like I took the wind out of their sails. “NO! Not DIET and EXERCISE!” LOL.

In reality it is very hard to accomplish...BUT doable! It takes consistent hard work and dedication but it does get easier and easier to do the exercise, which shows progress. In two years I’ve managed to completely change my life. I haven’t been this light since I was in high school...
:love: :love:

Get off the couch!

GT you are an inspiration to me. I have A Lot of health issues and Bad Arthritis , Bad back, feet, knees in fact I have a Dr. Appointment in about 1/2 an hour about my knee I am sure they are going to send me to an Ortho

There’s smoke in the valley and it ain’t the good stuff. The west coast is on fire and I’m downwind...it sucks balls! However, that’s not the only bad news. It appears that Grandpa will be selling the farm and moving to Florida. WTF? Trust me, this is one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make. There are several family issues that are making the decision fairly easy to make, but it’s still gut-wrenching. I love this place...I truly do. It hurts my heart to know that I’ll be giving it up and living a totally different life. It’s all very much dependent on how much I can sell my property for here. I hope to get a bundle...naturally.

Anyway, that’s what’s going on in my world. I’m still hitting the fitness trail daily and that won’t stop. I hope to be able to keep growing once I get settled, but that may be months to a year from now. Plus, I’m not even sure what will happen in the mean time with my fam...bunch of knuckledraggers... :slide:

I’ll be keeping in touch and updating what’s going on in my life. Be safe!

Grandpa Tokin I’d be able to hit Highway 10 and stop pick up gr85 on the way to visit and take vacation at the same time . Almost got fired for taking a too long lunch break replying to the rosin thread at lunch , told my supervisor to kiss my ass then he left me alone . HaHa been there two weeks and do more than I should !

Another first for the old guy...Today I decided to try doing sets of 25 pushups instead of 20 during my brisk walk this morning. I started with 25 pushups and then got on the treadmill at 3.6 mph. Every 5 minutes I did 25 for a total of 325 pushups in 1 hour. It’s not easy for an old, crippled dude...but I did it!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: I’m awesome!!! :headbanger:

View media item 1793961

My property was on the market for 2 days. Now under contract for $30K over asking. I’m shocked and surprised, but very happy with everything so far. I had several bids in one day and I may have accepted this one too quickly, but I just couldn’t pass it up. People really are fleeing the big cities for country life. I’m pretty lucky to have what I have. I’ll miss this place very much, but not for long... :cheesygrinsmiley: When I showed the new owner my hidden grow area she was very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom