Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Hell yeah GT! Carrying buckets is for the young and dumb. I carry way too many or maybe it's just enough... Either way.
Your girls look great. your usually accurate when you think you've over done it will be interesting to see how they look.

Excellent setup GT. Looks to be really efficient.

I see some red stems on some of the fans. I have a bunch of those, but they're only red on the top side of the stem. The bottom side is green. Looks pretty cool.

She will make it after you helped her with her helmet. Mystery seeds are fun. I had a freebie cheese seed that I grew out and it is really good smoke wise.

I am interested to see how your plants react to that level of EC. I have been running mine higher in DWC than I can do in coco and they just seem to eat it up but I have not gone that high. Worst case you just pump some solution out and replace it with RO water.

Good Sunday morning to everyone. Today’s a good day...I get to eat ! :laugh: We’re going out for lunch and I will do some serious damage to a large piece of beef. No exercise today either; with the exception of following my wife around a shopping mall. I love shopping...NOT!!!

When I came to the flower room this morning the EC was at 1.8. Still too high, so I sucked out about 2 gallons—with my bucket head-love that thing—and replaced it with RO. She’s back down to where I’m comfortable again. The plants look okay to me so I’m going with that. They stretched almost .5 inch last night and flower sights popped out all over the place.

Have a great day, enjoy!

The first thing I noticed, as I walked into the room this morning, was the flowers popping in the light. They seem to be taking to the flower nutes at 1.6 just fine. They drank about a gallon or more overnight. I’ll wait and see what the level is this evening and fill it up. Enjoy!

On point man...

Any idea how some of the clones you'd gifted are doing?

One guy is about 2 weeks out from harvest. He’s got the two that I took these from. His are really nice. Over six feet tall and very frosty. He sends me pictures. The other guy has several of the same ones I have, but he’s in soil and still in veg. He’s wanting to try DWC now. The 3rd guy I don’t know what happened to...nobody’s been able to reach him for several weeks. He’s an old hermit so there is that...:nomo:

Those plants are really taking off and it's good to know they can take 1.9 and knock it down to 1.6 in no time flat! I'm sure that little mystery will be perfectly happy to grow up and be a big mystery for you :).

What do you do with the plants when you are do all the rez cleaning?

They only had to endure a high mix for about 12 hours...Doh!

When they are small like this I just set them in another empty bucket while I clean. It only takes a few minutes and they are back in their place. Another reason why I wanted to try a very short veg time...to keep them small. As it is, from this point forward they will not be taken out when I do a res change because of their size and the buds. Instead, I simply move the plant slightly and use the bucket head (love that thing :)) to get the last bits trapped in the bucket.

Before my heart attack, I dreaded doing a res change...just doing that was enough to give me a heart attack...WTF? Hahaha!

That reminds me...Health Update:

I’m still hitting the fitness trail daily. I’ve started to plateau on my weight loss slightly. Staying around 220 lbs. I shift up and down 2 or 3 pounds weekly. Still in a caloric deficit, but my body is adjusting. However, even with the plateau I’m seeing, and more importantly feeling, the increase in strength and endurance because of the consistency with the resistance and cardiovascular exercises over time (in six months I’ve missed two training sessions - I’m very proud of that).

Nutrition—proper nutrition—remains the hardest part of the journey. Most people think (when starting out) that it’s the actual exercise that’s the most difficult part, but I’ve learned the hard way that figuring out what to eat is much more difficult than figuring out what exercise targets what muscle groups. Fortunately for me I have a genius for a wife. She keeps me on track. Without her, my life would be...well, I wouldn’t be here...simple as that. :love:

I’m still doing weights 3 x per week and resistance training 3 x per week. This week is heavy lower body meaning Monday and Friday are leg days and Wednesday is upper body. Next week it’s just reversed; I’ll do two upper body workouts and one lower. So every week is either a heavy upper or heavy lower.

On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I’m always doing cardio. I do mine on an elliptical. I’ve worked up to 30 minutes of sustained work where I sprint every 5th minute. So, from minutes 4 to 5, 9 to 10, 14 to 15, 19 to 20, 24 to 25, and 29 to 30 I’m moving as fast as I can for that one minute. It’s a form of high intensity training...and will kick your ass! I will be hitting it here shortly and just thinking about it and writing about it makes my heart rate go up...LOL!

Here’s an example of what I’ve managed to work up to in six months. Yesterday was lower body and this is what I did:

1. Abs and core (30 seconds rest between sets)
3 sets of 45 second planks (on elbows).
3 sets of leg raises (to failure)
3 sets of oblique crunches (15 each side)
3 sets of crunches (to failure)

2. Quadriceps and core (30 seconds to 1 minute rest between sets)
30 lbs Dumbbell squats - 12 reps
35 lbs Dumbbell squats - 10 reps
40 lbs Dumbbell squats - 8 reps
45 lbs Dumbbell squats - 6 reps
Back to 30 lbs Dumbbell squats - 12 reps
Then, for the last set, switch to a completely different exercise that targets the same muscle group. In this instance I did leg extensions with 50 lbs for the last 12 reps.

3. Hamstring (30 seconds to 1 minute rest between sets)
95 lbs wide-leg barbell squats - 12 reps
105 lbs wide-leg barbell squats - 10 reps
115 lbs wide-leg barbell squats - 8 reps
125 lbs wide-leg barbell squats - 6 reps
Back to 95 lbs wide-leg barbell squats - 12 reps
Then, for the last set, switch to a completely different exercise that targets the same muscle group. In this instance I did lunges with no weight for the last 12 reps.

4. Calves (minimal rest between sets)
30 lbs Dumbbell standing calf raises - 12 reps
35 lbs Dumbbell standing calf raises - 10 reps
40 lbs Dumbbell standing calf raises - 8 reps
45 lbs Dumbbell standing calf raises - 6 reps
Then, for the last set, switch to a completely different exercise that targets the same muscle group. In this instance I did seated with 30 lbs Dumbbell for the last 12 reps.

The entire workout should last no more than 45 minutes. My ass is thoroughly kicked after that. It’s taken me six months to work up to this level but after getting my chest cut open and my heart touched by another human being I’m feeling pretty darn good. I’m lucky I can do it.

Then, I do my walking. I walk 8000 steps daily—on top of the workouts—so, right after I complete the workout, I walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Slow but steady pace. Then take a break and eat. Then, sometime during the day or evening do another 20-30 minutes until I reach the 8000 steps. I even do this on cardio days. It makes a huge difference. Walking is fundamental for my routine.

Try it...you’ll like it!

I got the Golden Goat seeds from a guy called Res1 a few years ago. I know he’s in CO. I’ve never popped any of them.
Nice, GL with them! I’ll look forward to that journal if you ever do. I was also wrong in my original post, the strain I was thinking of isn’t brambleberry LOL, it’s called Barberry Brute (I was sort of close :). ). I think a certain dispensary was crossing their genetics with it, but selling seeds as the original strain.

Back
Top Bottom