Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

I am in the process of laying out some different layouts for DWC. If you know the foot print It's pretty easy to layout. If you want some help I can do a layuot for you. This program will spit out all the lengths of tube and other information to build it.

This is a 2 bucket layout for my 4 x 4 I was playing with.
grow-layout.JPG

grow-layout PLUMBING.JPG
Does having the res. In the tent affect heat though? I would be worried with it being inside the tent it would raise in temperature .

Health update:

Went to the doctors yesterday. Diagnosis—Sinus infection. Antibiotics prescribed. Now I wait for the infection to die. Looking like a weekend of rest and recovery. I absolutely hate being sick. This is my first real illness since someone put their hands in my chest and played with my ticker. I’m all paranoid about stuff like that nowadays.

So, this is turning into almost a full week of no exercise. I’m not happy about that one bit. I’m also paranoid about gaining fat while not working out. It weighs on me mentally and I actually miss being physical everyday. I suppose I just need to let my body heal and “drive on!” I’ll jump right back into my routine on Monday...I hope. That’s the plan anyway.

Have a great day!
Drink lots of fluids and you won’t put weight on. Keeping flushed and hydrateded will help your system push out the cold and keep you feeling well

I am in the process of laying out some different layouts for DWC. If you know the foot print It's pretty easy to layout. If you want some help I can do a layuot for you. This program will spit out all the lengths of tube and other information to build it.

If you have the room @SamSmith you should move both the reservoir and exhaust fan outside the tent. The exhaust fan will add heat to the tent and the reservoir will take on heat from the lights and will likely cause higher water temps.

What software are you using for design? it looks pretty slick.

Does having the res. In the tent affect heat though? I would be worried with it being inside the tent it would raise in temperature .

Yes. I use a chiller because of that very reason. I don’t have the space to put the res outside my room. I originally designed my rooms for soil growing...I didn’t ever think I would go dwc.

Drink lots of fluids and you won’t put weight on. Keeping flushed and hydrateded will help your system push out the cold and keep you feeling well

Good advice. Thank you!

If you have the room @SamSmith you should move both the reservoir and exhaust fan outside the tent. The exhaust fan will add heat to the tent and the reservoir will take on heat from the lights and will likely cause higher water temps.

Also good advice. That software does look slick. Lots of practical applications too.

Yo
In 2 or 3 days you'll be at it again so relax and enjoy. Your muscles will love it when you start breaking them down again.

You’re right. I’m relaxing. Just hit some Christmas Kush. :thanks:

You make it look easy you mean. You have your grow room stuff down. Everything is done the right way. I hope I can get this DWC stuff down half as well as you.

For me the biggest plus for dwc growing is Bugs. There aren't any.

For me the biggest plus for dwc growing is Bugs. There aren't any.

That is what I read. We had the worst gnat season ever and I was sweating getting them in the tent this year. I had yellow traps everywhere and got my fair share. If I can check that off my list that's a bonus.

I like it better because it is cleaner. No coco, dirt or perlite. There is very little to dispose of and the speed in veg. I was always intimidated by it at first and watched grandpa grow in it for a year then decided to try it with his encouragement. I am not looking back after running a trial bucket this grow.

I was the same way. When I saw the explosive growth in veg I was sold. You can still have gnat problems if you’re not careful, but easier to get rid of them in my opinion. I like the cleanliness too. I watched people do it and always thought that it was way over my head. After trying it, I was hooked in less than a few weeks. @SamSmith you are kicking butt.

I would love to move the reservoir outside the tent but all the cutouts in the tent are about 6" off the ground. I would have to raise everything up to get the buckets to fully drain when I change the solution out. Right now with them sitting directly on the basement floor the concrete acts like a heat sink keeping the buckets cool. I am reluctant to move them up off the ground since I loose headroom being in the buckets vs. being on the ground like my coco girls are now.

I didn't think about the exhaust fan generating much heat since the air is moving across it and out but I certainly could move it outside. That is the way my small tent with the DWC in it now is setup.

It is all work in progress as I just started thinking about it over the holidays. This project is for next fall. I need to go back over Riders thread again because he had a unique way of isolating the buckets from the drain side. I also need to add control valves for flow on the returns.

The software is solidworks. I use it for work. What's nice about doing the layout this was is that it generates all the tubing lengths and locations so when you go to build it you have a full set of dimensions and everything goes together as it should.

Back
Top Bottom