Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Mystery Auto is doing okay. I managed to split one of the side branches, but fixed it with a redneck bandaid. :laugh:

I call this one Ghetto Dome. :rofl: Actually, it’s an experiment. I’ve never tried using any sort of humidity dome with this hydro cloner. Maybe it will help since the humidity sucks here. I’m interested to see if I get roots quicker. Enjoy!

I think the domes are a good practice. I would keep an eye on the little gals and as soon as you see some little roots on them remove the domes.

I put my 2nd QB together today. It’s a 260 kit from HLG. Here’s how I did it:

I started by placing the boards on the heatsync so that there is a +/- connection at the top and bottom. This allows them to be wired in-series. Basically I screwed one down and the flipped the second one over and screwed it down. Everything is pre-drilled so there is no guessing.

I mounted the driver to the top (fin-side) of the heat sync with the supplied nuts and bolts, but I didn’t take a picture of that. I then took the output side (DC) from the driver and directly wired one to each board. I used the brown as live/hot and the blue as negative.

I then took the input side (AC) of the driver and wired that to the supplied electrical cord. They supply waygos and a waterproof housing. I used the waterproof housing because I wanted to. The waygos are probably easier, but this seems more secure to me. Anyway, if you look into the housing, one terminal has brass connectors, and that’s the one I used for the hot.

After that, it was simply completing the circuit by connecting the +/- on the other side of the boards. I cut a small piece of wire (supplied with the kit) to fit between the boards and BOOM!

Whats your coverage out of that set up and what does that set up pull for watts and what was the cost Gramps?

Damn. Frostier in there than the winter weather at my place!! Hahaha
Gorgeous ladies Tokin!!

Thanks bud!

I think the domes are a good practice. I would keep an eye on the little gals and as soon as you see some little roots on them remove the domes.

That’s the plan.

That piece of shit auto of mine already died...lol.

WTF? You have more I assume?

Whats your coverage out of that set up and what does that set up pull for watts and what was the cost Gramps?

One of these will flower a 2x3 really well. I believe I could grow a plant with it alone easily. They pull ~250 w from the wall. I’m now going to have 2 of these, plus my 500w of Timbers, in a 5x6 room. It’s more than enough for me and what I grow.

How does this compare with yours @Grandpa Tokin ?

Mine has a distinct diesel fuel taste with a bit of cottonmouth after smoking. Even dried its still very sticky. One of the highest THC strains I've ever smoked. I had to back off from my usual 8 hits off a cone to 6 hits or it fucked me up a little to much in the first hour. It also seems to be a very long lasting stone.

Heres a comparison @Van Stank .
QB Boards Comparison

I just jarred up my GG#4 today and got 1.18 gr/watt with the QB's, which I thought was excellent.

It took me an hour to get the link right and I show up here and you already dropped it...LOL! I love the simplicity of these boards. So light weight too. They are perfect for a tent/small room IMO. I wish they were around when I first started growing.

How does this compare with yours @Grandpa Tokin ?

Mine has a distinct diesel fuel taste with a bit of cottonmouth after smoking. Even dried its still very sticky. One of the highest THC strains I've ever smoked. I had to back off from my usual 8 hits off a cone to 6 hits or it fucked me up a little to much in the first hour. It also seems to be a very long lasting stone.

Everything is spot on with the exception of mine will get you higher...:popcorn:

Jesus, how do you even compete with that. Thats my feeble attempt at GG#4 on the right...LOL.

Click on the image to enlarge it.

feb7 c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom