Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

Never tried pressing bubble hash might have to try a little nug. :thumb:
20190411_182327.jpg
How do you make your ball Scrogster?

How do you make your ball Scrogster?
Lol Well the honest truth that ball of hashies is from allot of misc. Nugs over the course of a few years . I make my bubble hash then when im done With it I stick it on top of cardboard slice to dry out for few weeks. Then only the golden hashies is picked for the ball lol. I gather it all and mend it watching tv as im doing this the heat from my hands warm it up enough to soften the hashies to form a play dough like consistency. This hash smells amazing. The funny thing is I have not smoked any of it . Not even a little buff.....lol every since I started growing I have spoiled my self. :passitleft::cough::ganjamon:

You power lifting?

No. Not at all. I do a simple routine for old men. It’s a modified progressive overload workout on MWF. 2 days of upper body and 1 day of lower body. Switch it every other week to 1 upper and 2 lower.

For upper days I do chest, back, shoulders, triceps, and biceps. 5 or 6 sets per body part starting with 12 reps; then 10, 8, 6, increasing weight each set. Then back to the original starting weight and do 12 reps again. Then, move to the next major muscle group and start all over. Trying to only rest 30 seconds between sets and one minute between muscle group.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are cardio days.

Last year I had a heart attack (not very long after I started this journal) on 4/21/18. On 4/28/18 they took a skill saw to my chest and I underwent quadruple bypass open heart surgery. It was not fun. However, it got me motivated. It took months to heal, but in August of 2018 I was able to attend cardiac rehab and begin this journey of trying to get in as good a shape as I can...for an old dude.

This morning I was 204 lbs. That’s 81 lbs down in just under a year. I’m proud of what it’s taken to get here. Consistency is the key. Proper nutrition has been the hardest part...by far. It takes significant mental toughness for me. The workouts are easygoing compared to not eating that fucking doughnut. LOL!

I could do some serious damage to a doughnut right now though... :slide:

Edit: The height/weight chart says I need to be 180 lbs. Fuck me! That’s another 24 lbs! Doh!

Wow, sorry you had a heart attack, I bet that was a frightening experience. Hopefully quitting smoking earlier this year will postpone any that higher powers might have scheduled for me. I did a bit of working out when I was in the can and I gotta say, your old man routine sounds about like it would crush me when I was in my prime. I used to group the motions into routine days, so pull exercises back and bis, then push exercises the next day (chest/tris), but damn, you got it all smashed into one day. It sounds like a triathlon, but if it keeps you healthy and motivated, I'm happy for ya.

Wow, sorry you had a heart attack, I bet that was a frightening experience. Hopefully quitting smoking earlier this year will postpone any that higher powers might have scheduled for me. I did a bit of working out when I was in the can and I gotta say, your old man routine sounds about like it would crush me when I was in my prime. I used to group the motions into routine days, so pull exercises back and bis, then push exercises the next day (chest/tris), but damn, you got it all smashed into one day. It sounds like a triathlon, but if it keeps you healthy and motivated, I'm happy for ya.

I’m proud of you for quitting tobacco. That’s not an easy thing to do. Quitting tobacco (it’s evil) is the 1st best thing you can do for your heart. Naturally, cutting fat by proper nutrition and exercise is a close 2nd.

This exercise routine is very similar to “Body For Life” by Bill Phillips. More of a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) type of workout where you use lighter weights but increase intensity. I can’t do “heavy” anymore. I’m delicate... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Still, your routine looks P90esque! Less weight, but pretty much rep till failure. What I always admired most about staying fit is my outlook and overall mentality was a lot more pleasant and positive all around. Perhaps I'll jump back into that and work off this hool-a-hoop I've seemed to grow around the middle. I've always been a string bean in shape, but now I got me some fat backs. IDK how I feel about that exactly, lol.

This morning I was 204 lbs. That’s 81 lbs down in just under a year. I’m proud of what it’s taken to get here. Consistency is the key.
That's awesome! Once you really tell yourself you can do something, you will :ganjamon:

Still, your routine looks P90esque! Less weight, but pretty much rep till failure. What I always admired most about staying fit is my outlook and overall mentality was a lot more pleasant and positive all around. Perhaps I'll jump back into that and work off this hool-a-hoop I've seemed to grow around the middle. I've always been a string bean in shape, but now I got me some fat backs. IDK how I feel about that exactly, lol.

It is a workout. That’s for sure. It took me quite awhile to work up to where I am now. Hard work and consistency. Day in-day out...groundhog day all over again. At least that’s what it felt like. I was a little discouraged several times when i didn’t make as much progress (on the scale) as I wanted. There have been times in the last year when I thought it wasn’t working. Then, all of a sudden I started noticing my clothes actually fitting, then feeling loose, then a tiny smile on my lips appeared.

Most of my adult life I was in excellent physical condition. It was part of my job. Second nature really. I loved working out and being fit. But I smoked and dipped Copenhagen and abused tobacco. Then, severely crushed vertebrates caused me to have several back surgeries and a whole host of medical issues. I stopped doing anything physical and ate doughnuts. Nothing but doughnuts... :slide:

So, I got fat and lazy. Then, a heart attack slapped me back to reality. Ouch! I’m one of the lucky ones though. I made it through open heart surgery and I’m close to being fit again. Not there yet, but I’m damn close. Groundhog Day...

Yeah right Gramps, a dab between each rep does not make your routine simple...:bong::rofl::lot-o-toke:

Ha! That’s an awesome idea. We should try it. :headbanger:

That's awesome! Once you really tell yourself you can do something, you will :ganjamon:

Exactly. That’s what it takes. I need that positive motivation daily.

good day to you sir how is the day going so far

I’m well my friend. You?

I just finished my upper body workout so I feel like I could break things...with my bare hands. LOL!

I’m looking like the Rock more and more...:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom